Advice for prospective buyer

Started by Bavey, June 29, 2015, 08:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Torrecillas

Remember also that if you own a home in Spain but are a non-resident, you must pay an annual non-resident tax.  Luckily it is usually quite inexpensive, depending on the value of your property of course.
Cutting through your red-tape....

dianamay

alto dogs

My parents did that. Seems like a dream come true.
The reality is, when you come over for your holidays, its not a holiday, its hard work gardening, painting, fixing ect.
Then 1 year you may not want to come here. You may want to holiday somewhere else............
or worst still you may want to sell it..........but you cannot.

PhillipJLloyd

Challenger 383

felipe

Personally, I would stick to buying somewhere that has other properties very close by, if not next door. And not have a large swathe of land between them.  This 'should' enhance security. Places like Limaria have a number of properties for sale and would be an ideal location that would serve your needs. Check out the 4 agents advertising on the forum they have properties in Limaria for sale at vary prices.

You could ask a neighbour to keep an eye on the pool for you or employ one of the pool cleaning companies to keep it up to scratch for you. The key is to make sure you speak to the neighbours, especially if they are living here permanently.

Bavey

Hi, my wife and I are considering buying a holiday home in the Arboleas area, and favour a villa with pool. Our long term plan is to eventually spend more time in Spain when I retire but to use the villa as a holiday home in the meantime.
My question is, what are the practicalities of owning a villa when you only visit 3 or 4 times a year, things like pool maintenance, security etc?
Do many of the people using this forum have a similar set-up and if so, how do you find it?
I have found a great deal of interesting information on your forum, recommended agents and solicitors and buying advice re the legality of properties, which has been very helpful.
Any information to help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in anticipation.