Immigration street.

Started by arty choke, February 25, 2015, 07:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King saint 76

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

arty choke

:lol:

Oh dear ,I hold up my hands for to daring to watch a TV programme! Guess what? I'm watching another one tonight!

King saint 76

Talk about unreal tv.
Quite possibly the most sureal posts ever on here.

I really do not have a clue what you are rambling on about.

macc

-That was a little off topic, :notopic:  sorry Arty.

macc

Good, it will keep you away from the tv. Lets break it down for you then. You said so why try to belittle people who enjoy TV. I assumed you were speaking about yourself, when i asked do you feel belittled, maybe i was wrong. Keep practicing the instrument, i thought you told me you were learning the bass, maybe i was wrong. And you also say, But you say  you watch spanish TV...   and that is real yeh? well i never said it was real, you said that. I have a family, so i don,t have control over the tv as much as i would love to. Belittlement Condesencion, who me, grow up, it,s a forum, were you verbally bullied as a kid. Now that you are 75 you should be over it. :lol:

King saint 76

Ireally don't get your angle.."am I easily belittled" ?  "keep practicing that instrument" ??
You are talking in riddles.

You don't watch uk tv but feel you have to make a condescending comment on the people that do enjoy.. real or not real.
But you say  you watch spanish TV...   and that is real yeh?
You are comming across as a little bit weird.

Challenger 383

Quote from: LisaD on February 25, 2015, 17:07:03 PM
The only thing I objected to was the intimidation from some of the yobs towards the people who were happy to talk to the documentary makers
Isn't this part of the grand plan to get you hooked? Personally I haven't missed UK tv since 90% of it disappeared,  I didn't really wàtch it when it was around it was background noise, how many repeats of Dad's Army can someone stomach, only the soaps and a few and far between costume drama actually use actors, the rest is either game shows or reality tv or repeats, none of which interest me, but it's a free world and what ever floats your boat is fine, just don't take UK tv as anything else other than entertainment,  because it isn't.

macc

For me Sainty, TV isn't the real world, if you think what i said is belittling, then you must believe it is the real world. Are you that easily belittled. Keep practicing that instrument, it,s better than the tv, don,t give up so easily. How do i pass an evening, well, i have a family, work from 9ish until 7ish 5 days a week, sometimes can be 7 days, depends. Don,t really have time to waste on tv, but I do watch some Spanish tv, as Challenger says, none of it is real, belittling or what.

zilnor

King Saint
If there is nothing on the TV that I consider worth watching, I read, do crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles . :wave
I even chat to im indoors !  :lol:

King saint 76

Quote from: macc on February 25, 2015, 17:02:27 PM
Quote from: King saint 76 on February 25, 2015, 09:13:28 AM
Quote from: macc on February 25, 2015, 08:49:24 AM
TV, it,s the only window to the real world for most.   :wave
did you see it?

No i didn't Sainty, don,t have English TV.
So why try to belittle people who enjoy Eng tv?
And enlighten us how do you pass your evenings?

LisaD

The only thing I objected to was the intimidation from some of the yobs towards the people who were happy to talk to the documentary makers

macc

Quote from: King saint 76 on February 25, 2015, 09:13:28 AM
did you see it?

No i didn't Sainty, don,t have English TV.

bobthelook

Yes I saw it and I see nothing wrong with a TV company making such a programme - no worse then many other types of  TV. What it did show was how bullying, intimidation and thugs can still be allowed to thrive. How if a person has a different viewpoint he will be beaten up, and how speakers at a supposedly democratic meeting can be shouted down and sworn at by bullies and thugs when Councillors and an MP do nothing about it. Yes it was bad TV but only because it showed how our democracy is being undermined by those pertaining to be against racism but are in fact racists themselves.  People who possibly complain about the UK and at the same time are happy to receive hand-outs from the taxpayers.  :whistle:
Malayan proverb - Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

webejamin

There was a similar thing about UKIP the other night, I think it was "meet the UKIPers" or summink on the BBC. Of course these films are only made to suit the TV companies views. When they interview people on the street about anything, they only show what they want us to see. Mind you, I wouldn't fancy living in Southampton after seeing that lot :o

Challenger 383

Isn't this what people want confrontational tv? It's edgy, no?, as you have said it's election time.
the sad fact of the matter is, people do watch this dross, it's an extension of reality tv, which is EXCELLENT for the tv companies, as it costs pence to make, and will instantly appeal to joe public, no need to pay for expensive actors, or locations or props etc, 1 camera, 1 host, 1 sound man.....sorted.
kick these companies that make this crap where it hurts, one word "ratings", if no one watches it wont be made.....it's your choice

King saint 76

Quote from: Challenger 383 on February 25, 2015, 09:53:20 AM
Come on now... does anyone really think what they see in tv is real?. I remember going to see a recording of Gladiator with the kids at the NIA in Brum, basically it was filmed back to front, really very strange, and it was filmed until the contestants and show stars had done what the producer wanted them to do. Notning in life is as it.. lol....
Which is why this community stood up to C4 so vigorously, they knew that the tv show would be full of the normal crap.
The show was only ever going to paint the area in a bad light.

Challenger 383

Come on now... does anyone really think what they see on tv is real?. I remember going to see a recording of Gladiator with the kids at the NIA in Brum, basically it was filmed back to front, really very strange, and it was filmed until the contestants and show stars had done what the producer wanted them to do. Nothing on tv is, as it Seems. lol....

lesinalbox

These programmes start to surface just before elections,  funny that wondered who financed it  UKIP  good vote catcher :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

King saint 76

did you see it?

macc

King saint 76

Great to see the people of the area standing up to these slimeball tv companies.

webejamin

arty choke

Did anyone watch it on channel 4 last night?