General Election in March.

Started by The Reiver, January 26, 2015, 11:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

This is an election for the Regional Government in Seville.
Only Spanish citizens are allowed to vote.
So although we do not have a direct say in this election, it is probably the most significant event which will affect all of us who live in Andalucia.

There has been a coalition in Seville for the past 3 years, but it has been dogged by problems. The main issue of contention has been in trying to solve the problems of illegal houses. The junior member of the coalition (IU) has been in favour of demolitions, whereas the PSOE has been trying to find sensible solutions.
Today the PSOE President Suzanna Diaz announced a break from the coalition and early elections on 22nd March.

Let's hope that the PSOE gain an overall majority so that it can press ahead with solutions for illegal builds.
Also for those of us who depend on the Spanish Health system it is vitally important that we have a Regional Government which is opposed to health service cuts which the PP government in Madrid are demanding.

In Arboleas we hope that this early election does not delay final approval of Innovation 14.
We have been holding very friendly discussions with PSOE in Almeria, who have promised their help in getting rapid final approval of our plan. Let us hope that officials do not wait on the outcome of these elections before putting their seal on our plan.

Tetley

Quote from: The Reiver on January 26, 2015, 11:37:10 AM
There has been a split in the PSOE and IU coalition which means there will be a General Election in March. I suppose that means that any regularising of  our properties will be put on hold, until after this takes place. I understand that the IU are insisting on the demolition of all illegal proproperties whereas the PSOE are seeking to rectify matters.

Also , The final date for registering to vote is the 30th January. This will be your last chance to participate in the Election, So if you have not done so, get on down to your Town Hall!

basikly ,if everybody joins the PSOE & AUAN that may help form policy and may give effected home owners a little bit more ptotection ie the  Almeria  PSOE run the job and they aint gonna knock a party members home down.

:tiphat:

depending on party lists and if yer happy with the line ups or not.. when yer in the ballot booth folks can still vote PSA if they wish.... even tho there a PSOE  member, basikly folks are just going to have to get the job  organised ie,carnt go over the mountain.... go round it.

also... for illistraution only and deffinetly not trying to niss anybody off

were is the rush for any government department to chase around with time on there side.... ie pensioner home owners,knock a home down once every 6 months,subdue the prices and confidence in the open market.... result loads of cheap housing for feture genarations.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Rod

I think the election is in Andalucia not a General one.

The Reiver

There has been a split in the PSOE and IU coalition which means there will be a General Election in March. I suppose that means that any regularising of  our properties will be put on hold, until after this takes place. I understand that the IU are insisting on the demolition of all illegal proproperties whereas the PSOE are seeking to rectify matters.