Main Menu

Well Done Germany

Started by alfie, July 13, 2014, 23:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Thanks alfie, I'm starting to warm to the guy now. ;)

alfie

Wasn't Rio the organiser of the Man Utd legendary Christmas parties, that involved a large number of girls, but  not many wives or girl friends?

byrney

felipe

Ferdinand as a pundit?  Are you having a laugh? He can't even speak properly so how on earth can he be a pundit? Heaven help us.

VSauer

Well, the match yesterday was awesome and I'm so happy, that Germany won ... but after few weeks, no one will remember that match ... Just the 7:1 against Brasilia... And I can't understand, why Messi is the best player ... many other players was better than he ... how ever ... My heart is beating black-red-gold*
:drinks:
ยกǝʌıʇɔǝdsɹǝd ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ʇı ʇɐ ʞool s,ʇǝl

CT

Quote from: felipe on July 14, 2014, 10:17:13 AM
CT, what does that tell you about the ITV coverage and presenters?  Think the advertisers will not be quick coming forward for future tournaments unless they change their lineup.
ITV get the final as part of the payment they made for the rights (shared with the BBC)  so it costs nothing more or less (and I suppose people who only watch on ITV would think it odd if they didn't show the final). Chiles recently had his ITV contract changed into a non-exclusive one which means he takes a pay cut but can work for other broadcasters (he does bits and pieces for Radio 5). I think we can all draw our own conclusions from that......

History tells us that when the BBC and ITV show the same match the odds are heavily in favour of the BBC.

CT

A few more ratings from around Europe:

France 13.58 million
Italy 13.95 million
Spain: 10.69 mill for the match, 12.69 mill for extra time
Netherlands 5.93 mill
Austria 1.7 million

byrney

"I'm sure most viewers have had enough of Adrian Chiles on the box this past month" - yes, it was such a refreshing change to listen to the incisive comments of Rio Ferdinand, that well-known pundit.

I also see that there's a documentary about him tonight - Rio in Rio ( :rofl:). as his first steps to becoming a TV presenter....yippeeeeee.  Can't wait.

crawdaddy

Not surprised BBC got much higher viewing figures.

I'm sure most viewers have had enough of Adrian Chiles on the box this past month.   :wave

felipe

CT, what does that tell you about the ITV coverage and presenters?  Think the advertisers will not be quick coming forward for future tournaments unless they change their lineup.

CT

In the UK the game was watched by an average of 12.09 million viewers on BBC1 and 2.86 million on ITV; in Germany it was watched by 34.65 million, the highest figure ever recorded for any programme on German television, according to official overnight ratings.

webejamin

??? Spose Argentina will invade the Falklands now they have the hump, just to try and save a bit of face :o

crawdaddy

Germany were the best team from start to finish in this tournament.
Their 7-1 thrashing of Brazil will  always be remembered.

Beats me how Messi was voted best player in the World Cup.   Many more players had a better tournament than him.

alfie

I never thought I'd say this, but congratulations to Germany for their win tonight. Argentina looked like they were playing for penalties from the start, and Messi, who is a fantastic player, looked overcome by the occasion. Germany played as a team, and were the worthy winners. Unfortunately, I think that if they were to play England tomorrow, England would be lucky to get nil !
The frightening thing is that most of the German players will be around for another 8 years or so.
In a few weeks time, it will all be forgotten, and everyone will be cheering Chelsea or Man city/Utd, with each team only having 2 or 3 English players, thanks to Murdoch and Sky!