WHAT BIKE

Started by mercab, June 27, 2014, 06:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim1544

Come on , dont keep it a secret, what did you buy in the end?????
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

steveconway24

Yes, Pepins is just around the back of Lepantos.

mercab

Thanks everyone for the advice I would not buy a chinese one, fried rice is about all I like from them.I have crossed the Daliem off my list and added a Honda.The reason for not wanting a scooter is simple my mate has a bike and our lass said she would get on the back of a scooter but not a bike she left me with no choice really.Is pepins the one around the corner from the ferreteria that is opposite jacks.

steveconway24

Good advice from Jim.
I'm currently riding a Varadero 125. Great bike, but I'm 6ft, shorter riders may find it a bit high.
I used to have a Derbi Cross City 125. That was also a good bit of fun, I did 25000 trouble free KM's on mine before I sold it.
Last time I was in Pepins, he had a Yamaha YBR, very low kms and quite cheap, it'd be worth having a look at what he has got.

Just avoid Chinese crap.

Jim1544

Bought my Triumph Tiger from this firm in Granada, easy to find, on the outskirts and they have a nice looking YBR Yamaha 125 for sale, 6000 km for 1450 euro, is this the sort of thing??    http://www.todaslasmotos.com/ficha_de_la_moto.asp?tabla=motor&llave=2216  regards, Jim
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

Jim1544

WHAT BIKE, well , depends what you want to use it for, secondly it depends on your budget, new or secondhand, are you 6ft4" or 5 ft 2"? an excellent 125 bike is the Honda varedero 125, but looks more like a 650 as its very tall, so if your 5ft 2" dont bother, the YBR from Yamaha is an excellent bike, the Suzuki Van van(funny name that) very popular with beginners, CBR 125 Honda, another excellent bike, a bit more sporty, but still sit upright. there are many "Chinese" look alike bikes around, STEER CLEAR,, they look all nice and shiney with lots of chrome(that lasts for about 6 months) try getting spares when they go wrong!!! no chance!! and the Kawasaki KLX 125, also a tall bike that looks like a scrambler, good engine in that one.  Does it HAVE to be a Motorcycle, there are some brilliant 125 scooters on the market that perform as well, if not better than the bikes and have storage for helmets, tools etc, the Italian brands, like aprillia and French peugeot are good makes, again , PLEASE dont get a chinese one, they may be cheap, but cheap is usually what you get!!  you will probably get a better deal off a dealer in the city, Murcia , Almeria, Granada, Pepins in Albox has a monopoly, and though I am sure he can get you ANY of the above bikes, shop around for the best deals, look on line at Motorcycle news reports on any bike you fancy, they usually have an honest unbiased view.  Hope this helps, good luck and ENJOY your new Bike.  regards, Jim :handshake

Tetley

suzuki maurauder     ,by somthing you can stretch out on ,also be aware that a modern 125 will have the same performance as on old bsa 250 yes 350 nearly ,but there nice to ride round all day solo at 50 mph ,

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

mercab

I am looking to buy a small bike it is now coming on for 50 years since I last had one a norton 500. I would like advice please.I have seen three they are yamaha ybr, suzuki maurauder or a daelim daystar.I want one that I am not bent over on at my age I would look a fool.It also has to be a 125 the reason that I also chose these is they seem a reasonable price if I find that I have been a old fool and am wasting my money as my children keep telling me.Thanks for any replies.