Sharpening chain saw blades

Started by palaces, June 11, 2013, 10:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbothescot

When I worked on the farm in Scotland we had to go on a 2 day chain saw course to get the certificate to be allowed to use it. For the first two hours of the course all we were allowed to do was sharpen the chain. The other thing to watch is the space in the bar that the chain runs in will eventually spread and wear down on the underside. When that gets worn it`s time to invest in a new bar because that`s when it`s in danger of throwing the chain off and you could be badly cut.

Jimbo :tiphat:
Jimbo The Scot Removals
Gonar, Almeria, Spain
Tel  Mob 771080170(Jimbo) or 711093912 (Ali)
UK mob 0044 7985 762606
www.jimbothescot.com or e-mail jimbothescot1@yahoo.co.uk
For a friendly efficient removals service.

lizziedrip

New sharpening man on los llanos market by gate other end from spanish bar does all gardening tools knives woodwork tools etc
lizziedrip x

cantabrian

ALL this waffle about a chain sharpening exercise !! Just go and buy a FILE (s) IF one is in the campo how is one going to sharpen IT ??!! I suppose the majority of posters are townies so would have a problem sharpening a chain,BUT have a go ,get the right file size ,AND ?????????????

PuffTheMagicDragon

Yes, €3 seems to be the standard price for sharpening a chain.
I always have my chain sharpened, at my local ferreteria, at the beginning of the log cutting season, then I give it a quick sharpen with a file every time I use it, to keep it sharp.
Always make sure that oil is being fed onto the chain whilst in use, and keep it well adjusted, and your chain should last for ages, but as Mikeypen says, if it's in poor condition, get a new one.

Puff

srljol

Longos did mine, medium size €3.

CT

Longos - go to the upstairs office, the ladies there speak English and are always very helpful.

mikeypen

Worth bearing in mind , if the chain is fairly old and not in good condition , it's probably better to fit a new one , Piman's have loads in and they fit them free of charge as well , the chain I had fitted was only 12 Euro's , imagine going into B & Q and asking them to do the same  :lol:
Mike.

G and T

Longos did mine for me while I waited but have also used Ferreteria Lepanto and Ramblizos in Antas.

Richard.

olly

Theres quite a few do it, just type "chainsaw sharpening" in the search section.
If your not meant to have midnight snacks, why do they put a light in fridges?
                        Pete. Oliver.

palaces

Can anyone tell me where I can have chain saw blades sharpened?