Watch out in the Albachez bar Arboleas!

Started by maldenparker, May 28, 2011, 23:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Styrene45

Quote from: jonno on May 30, 2011, 11:36:36 AM
It was closed on Saturday lunch - anyone know why?
They have maybe run off with all the extra profits they have been making off us "suckers"!!  :rofl:

jonno

It was closed on Saturday lunch - anyone know why?

Spanish Tangerine

I have been using the Azabache for 8 years and if there is a different pricing structure
I haven't seen it.
The prices are a bit higher than the other bars in the village, but, you expect to pay more in
a better quality establishment.
Bobby

judi bk

We often go to the Azebache and the prices are always according to the menu.  The food is good and sitting on the terrace with a G&T is very pleasant

telcaz

My partner and i, and our two friends have used this bar (Azabache) for a number of years, and yes the prices are rather higher than most other bars in the area, but i think this a small price to pay to be able to enjoy a quiet drink amongst respectable clientel, rather than some of the riff raff we have had to put up with in lesser establishments to whom foul and disgusting langauge is a way of life.
Now i know the original post was about a two tier pricing policy but i can honestly say we have never noticed a difference.
               Terry.

LittleRichard

Its not uncommon for bars to charge 2 prices unless the prices are stated, which is law that every bar has to have a bar tariff in view
Most bars in this area used to have a bar price and a table price.
Quite simply bars could charge regular locals a lesser price and charge other people the standard price.

I am not standing up for the bar and I've never been in that bar but if they are charging more to English than Spanish than it is disgusting and not using them would be the only way to make them aware or question the price after finding the tariff and working it out the bill yourself

If you feel slighted make a complaint and ask for the complaints book and start a trend and maybe they would stop this

VIVA ESPAÑA

King saint 76

Quote from: Mercurian on May 29, 2011, 15:24:17 PM
Perhaps they charge Brits more beause they don't want them in their bar!  :whistle:

Are you serious?

Mercurian

Perhaps they charge Brits more beause they don't want them in their bar!  :whistle:

Gullible is in my Reader's Digest dictionary - Able to be taken in;  easily deceived or duped;  credulous

King saint 76

I don't think that this bar is unique in the dual price policy.
They think they've had you over for a couple of €'s not realising that they have not only lost 1 customer,
but probably a few more once the story goes on here.
Btw, did you know that the word gullible is not in the english dictionary.

Geminis

Concise Oxford English Dictionary © 2008 Oxford University Press:
conflab/ˈkɒnflab/

▶noun & verb
informal another term for confab.

Hope this clears that up for you.... $%
The "angelic duo"

tkevin47 ILLIA

Nibbler, Thank you, one of my english friends sent me an e.mail explaining that the word is confabulation (it is in both of my dictionaries) and the standard abbreviation is confab, not conflab so I will assume this was just a typing error,

Titch

tkevin47

useful link for slang definitions    http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/c.htm

Don't bother to learn them all!!!!!

Actually conflab is short for conflabulation, an informal chat or discussion.  Verb (intransitive) to conflabulate.

I shouldn't think that it is used much by the younger generation.

Titch

nibbler

tkevin47
A conflab is a slang word for discussion.
I hope this helps.
Nibbler :tiphat:

slim

if you are talking about the azabache hotel in arboleas a lot of us learned about 8 years ago it was a bar to avoid due to the high prices and poor service there there other bars in arboleas that are more friendly and reasonably priced

northwichvics

Do you mean The Azabache bar & restaurant, they have always charged more than any of the other bars in Arboleas, everyone here knows that! Sometimes its nice to pay the little extra and sit on the terrace.

Tony19

It shouldn't make any difference if you speak Spanish or not.
They shouldn't be ripping off tourists anyway.

tkevin47 ILLIA

Maldenparker, please what is conflab ? I read this forum to improve my english but this word is not in either of my dictionaries.
Thank you

sandy b

Lorraine

Outrageous. We've been to that bar in the past and were surprised that the coffee was dearer than most places. I know why now - and my husband speaks Spanish, so that's nothing to do with it whatsoever.

maldenparker

Just wanting to give people a heads up, that was all carwyn!

maldenparker

My spanish is good... that is nothing to do with it, they, the bar assistants had to have a conflab to see how much they were going to charge us despite us being at the bar previously!

carwyn99

Styrene45

Report them, I did when I was charged a higher price on the market when purchasing the same as a Spanish shopper. I made them take the goods back and refund me then I reported them. Theevin bassas!

maldenparker

Been in the Albachez bar in Arboleas tonight, be on your guard as there is one price for the Brits and one price for the spanish!! will not be going there again!!