Albox market dangerous!

Started by tandas, November 08, 2017, 10:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sallyb

Heard many people saying they won't visit Albox market until it is back as it was, congratulations to the mayor.
Phyll

byrney

You think that road safety is the key issue?

Let's just analyse the junction at the Corner Bar in La Alfoquia and the new roundabout near the Union Bar - safety is NOT paramount.  Indeed - potential death traps.  But hey ho, I assume they know what they are doing.....

RedEyes

Quote from: jayndee on November 14, 2017, 19:18:42 PMThank you Albox Council

Not absolutely certain you are blaming the right people here.  My understanding is the roundabout is a privately financed venture (by the local businesses) to improve access to Lidl et al.  Maybe you should be approaching them, rather than the Council?

jayndee

Hi Maura,
Not wishing to start a new thread.  The most dangerous road in Albox at present is out Angle Oller. THE NEW ROUNDABOUT. It needs some lights when it is dark. No warnings!!!!  Someone will be killed  before Christmas. It is so dangerous.  Thank you Albox Council

tandas

Thank you Maura, hopefully before someone gets hurt.

Maura

Hi,
I walked through the market with Angel Pardo today and we agree that the intersection between Pio VII (the high street) and C/Ramon y Cajal needs some sort of barrier to stop people wandering into the road without realising that the street is open to traffic. We will raise the matter.

JohnJones

I wouln't buy a sausage off that market. let alone a live cheese.

Rod

For those of you who live in Albox or are interested in what is going on please read Maura's blog and also keep in touch with the Albox council posts further down the page...... http://maurahillenalbox.blogspot.com.es/2017/11/town-hall-latest-and-foreign-residents.html

restoration man

Is it the general rule of thumb that the mayors in this area cannot think reasonably or logically. Seems to me that the Arboleas mayor could do with a good finance consultant / credit controller. Might get one job finished before another gets started, example pavements/ curbs... Mrs R M

Maura

Thanks Tandas. I have reported this to Angel Pardo my fellow councillor who is on the Market Commission. We will walk through the market next week to review this safety issue and raise it with the Commission.

tandas

Maura,  it is where the school is on the corner.  One half of the market one side of road other on the opposite with traffic inbetween,

gus-lopez

& in other markets the traders & police are using their vehicles to ensure it isn't possible for vehicles to be driven throughthe markets/pedestrian areas  as in recent terrorist attacks.

Maura

Can you tell me exactly where you found the market to be dangerous? The name of the nearest shop or a general description will do.  I will complain.

sledgehammer

The square is being dug up at the moment so it can't go there. I presume they are relaying the tiles.

Rod

There must be some reason behind all this. The bars where the market and the fruit and veg are now very quiet on market day. Any chance that the Mayor has some friends and relatives with businesses in the new market area?
I think the so called security reason for the fruit and veg moving was smoke and mirrors.

nibbler

I wonder if the Mayor will take responsibility if there is and accident and someone is seriously injured.
Nibbler.

tandas

Went to Albox mkt new site for first time yesterday.  Nearly got run over twice where the road is still open to traffic!  Very tight in the streets much better on the square.  Why oh why does the Mayor think it's safer a no entry sign is no barrier to someone determined to drive down through the stalls.  Must affect all the bars in the old area too as they weren't as busy and the older people have further to walk now.  Progress ha!