Lorca to Dieppe

Started by el sid, June 22, 2017, 12:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JUD

ps,  forgot to mention,  try to travel through France on a Sunday, as hgv are not allowed to use the m/w road during the day , makes the n10 a lot easier

JUD

El sid,
I have just come back from Albox to England same route as above by 345 challenger , have used this route several times,  its a lot quieter than via Barcelona or Madrid up to the coast , and it takes about the same time, there is a tunnel  between Spain and France, but if you're not happy the Pyrenees are'nt high at this point and its a lovely driver over,
I usually stop at Jaca on the Spanish Side the first night as the hotels are cheaper in Spain, about 8 hrs from Albox with stops ,  and use the b&b hotels in France ( can book on line before , they have internet in the rooms  , and they are all have air con, many of the ibis ( which i also use ) in the north of France don,t have air con,  a must at this time of year,  remember to go up the a7 , a31 - a35 back to a7, think aa and google give this as fastest route ( not ap 7 ) when you get near Alicante.

regards to all, weather back to normal in uk, wet and breezy ,
Jud .

345 Challenger

Lorca to Tereul no toll
Tereul to Oloron in France, by way of Zaragoza no toll
Oloron to Poitiers no toll via Dax
Use toll between Potters and Tours, it's worth the toll
Tours to Charters N10 no toll
Charters to Rouen, worth the 2 euro toll at Rouen, then your on your own , the rest can't be more than 20 euros in tolls

Fishery

We have used the Michelin route planner and have always had good journeys to dieppe with no problem. You can choose to ignore toll roads although it is worth checking as sometimes the non toll route takes a lot longer, depends if you're in a hurry. Don't know about hotels as we haven't done this journey with the dogs. Again booking.com makes it really easy to find dog friendly hotels near your route.

verwood

Have you tried AA route planner?
When are you going?

el sid

Hi travellers,

I am looking for the best route with minimum tolls if possible and 2 dog friendly hotels for a trip from Lorca area to Dieppe?