Off road riding.

Started by TOECUTTER, May 02, 2017, 16:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOECUTTER

Quote from: markandkaren on May 03, 2017, 19:42:47 PM
hi toecutter,  i presume your friend has uk day time mot for his bike. as far as i am aware there is no equivalent here in spain. i dont think they would accept it. it might be worth asking at the ITV station directly. i have been stopped a couple of times ( once on a uk reg bike) by the Guardia Forestal up in the mountains and they were very very thorough. they ride DR 350's and can follow you anywhere! :)  personally, i wouldnt want to argue the point with them up in the mountains.  what ever you decide,  i hope your friend has a  good ride!

mark

:c017:  I'll pass on all this information to him, and let him decide what he'll do   :great:

markandkaren

hi toecutter,  i presume your friend has uk day time mot for his bike. as far as i am aware there is no equivalent here in spain. i dont think they would accept it. it might be worth asking at the ITV station directly. i have been stopped a couple of times ( once on a uk reg bike) by the Guardia Forestal up in the mountains and they were very very thorough. they ride DR 350's and can follow you anywhere! :)  personally, i wouldnt want to argue the point with them up in the mountains.  what ever you decide,  i hope your friend has a  good ride!

mark

TOECUTTER

Quote from: Tetley on May 03, 2017, 00:29:07 AM
Quote from: TOECUTTER on May 02, 2017, 16:19:56 PM
Hello everyone,
I wonder if I could pick your brains, a friend has contacted me with regards to riding in spain. I have copied his letter and as you can see posted it below.
If anyone would be able to give me an answer, that would be great indeed. I have forwarded my friend the Traffico website for him to look at, but I'm taking the cowards way out and asking you knowledgeable people.
:great: :great:
Thank you in advance for your help

Every year I ride the trails in Spain with friends. This year I am going in June but taking an enduro bike without lights, mirrors, indicators etc. Its perfectly taxed, insured, MOTed and legal on the UK roads but I know British riders who have been stopped by the police in Spain for exactly these things. My understanding was we had reciprocal agreements that a UK MOT was respected in Spain and the vehicle didn't need modified to ride there. If I'm right who best to write a letter to produce in the event its needed, VOSA, Spanish Embassy or the Foreign Office?

Suggest
go onto the GC,s face book site N332 ,private message them and they will keep yer correct,ive found them realy helpfull with my Q,s .

I'll let him know, thanks very much for your help  :c017:

Tetley

Quote from: TOECUTTER on May 02, 2017, 16:19:56 PM
Hello everyone,
I wonder if I could pick your brains, a friend has contacted me with regards to riding in spain. I have copied his letter and as you can see posted it below.
If anyone would be able to give me an answer, that would be great indeed. I have forwarded my friend the Traffico website for him to look at, but I'm taking the cowards way out and asking you knowledgeable people.

Every year I ride the trails in Spain with friends. This year I am going in June but taking an enduro bike without lights, mirrors, indicators etc. Its perfectly taxed, insured, MOTed and legal on the UK roads but I know British riders who have been stopped by the police in Spain for exactly these things. My understanding was we had reciprocal agreements that a UK MOT was respected in Spain and the vehicle didn't need modified to ride there. If I'm right who best to write a letter to produce in the event its needed, VOSA, Spanish Embassy or the Foreign Office?

Suggest
go onto the GC,s face book site N332 ,private message them and they will keep yer correct,ive found them realy helpfull with my Q,s .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

TOECUTTER

Hello everyone,