Sun, Sea, and Selling Houses

Started by byrney, March 15, 2017, 20:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tandas

What I want to know is when they say their budget is so much, why do the agents not say well you need 10% on top of the price for costs.  And why is the communal pool area always empty of people? 

Lorraine

Having watched this programme I can't say it's one of my favourites of this sort. There is so much repetition going on that the actual content is probably about 20 minutes out of the hour. It's entertainment, but not at its best

webejamin

Fing is, this topic is about the TV program and if it's a good or bad program. Nothing really to do with if we like the cast or not, some people might have even enjoyed it :c029: I didn't, what little I saw of it anyway. Some of those type of programs are even interesting, to a degree :72:

tintin

They must be doing something right judging by the car they were driving, a porche cayenne I thought, far better than mine, but even though they made a sale the buyer changed their mind and bought through another agent. This was all in the name of television, they would not still be in business after 12 years if they did this for every client, good luck to them I say, but its a numbers game
Mike

Lynden

I'm sure this is all hammed up for the cameras. If they have survived 12 years then they must be doing something right.
The program itself is dire, and will not be on my favourite viewing.

Tetley

Lets just be pleased that people ares STILL LOOKING to buy in our Nice area of the Globe,given the English elite barmy Army  thats off the  lead in the UK causing all sorts of investment un certainty.......

Estate agents fees are options,if you dont want to sell using an agent....dont !,sell your own homes,

once you have had your heads done in driving all over the shop for months with people wanting a 300k villa for 40k yer might be glad to pay a reputable well established agent 5k

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

zilnor

Tets,

I agree with you on this one.   :clap:

As a family they are providing for themselves, and contributing to the local economy. And they still have a business after 12 years in Spain. All credit to them. :clap:

Estate agents in general are not much admired. Most people seem to think they do nothing for their money, but that is rather unfair.
I have bought and sold a few properties over the last 40 years and Est Ags  are a mixed bunch, some good, some bad, like in all walks of life.

Philipjlloyd, 

Well said.

PhillipJLloyd

Estate agency is a profession and career, like anything else, and like the others there are good and bad, and even worse than bad ( namely Ana, plenty of info. on here.
Its up to the seller to do their homework and instruct a good one, and of course buyers beware, as in any walk of life.

sweetiepie

These folk who call themselves estate agents are soooooo unprofessional. Were they estate agents in the uk most certainly NOT. They are just some of the many who came over here thinking they could be i.e. builders, estate agents etc. when back in the homeland they were probably pig farmers or drove a bus. They all do very very little for their big fat fee - just a big rip off. Just think what an estate agent does in the uk for their fee - I rest my case.  :91:

jabba the cat

Quote from: Tetley on March 16, 2017, 08:40:06 AM
O dear Odear Odear...........

so a young family from the midlands  set up an estate agents approx 12 ish years ago,raise there kids have a family buisness that provides work for there own family and the local english & spanish comunity.

they then help people sell at an agreed fee  and people invest in the area to keep local commerce afloat and housing stock moving.

BUT  the family have a bit of personality wich is needed in buisness and are capable of a bit of banter wich comes through on the TV.

What do people want to watch ,perhaps local estate agents on the phone to the UK Samaritains......not really

Have to agree with you Tets and its not the first time... :bravo_2:....but is that really you no spelling mistakes. :c029:... but i cant teach so should have been a estate agent o wait im one of the can dos. :67:

webejamin

Yeahbut, the telly is for entertainment and news. There may be a dozen people every day, genuinely thinking of relocating to somewhere, but not millions of viewers. I've seen these property programs and none are about the agents, they're more about the people buying, and the dream of owning a property in the sun, not the presenters. I haven't see this kind of reaction about any other "place in the sun" type program, so maybe it is a load of rubbish to most people? :72:

Another thought!!! maybe the idea is similar to those other programs, like when the bailiffs turn up and turf out the lowlifes? you know, obnoxious people you love to hate kinda program? :72:      

Angleseyite

Quote from: Tetley on March 16, 2017, 08:40:06 AM

so a young family from the midlands  set up an estate agents approx 12 ish years ago,raise there kids have a family buisness that provides work for there own family and the local english & spanish comunity.

they then help people sell at an agreed fee  and people invest in the area to keep local commerce afloat and housing stock moving.

BUT  the family have a bit of personality wich is needed in buisness and are capable of a bit of banter wich comes through on the TV.

What do people want to watch ,perhaps local estate agents on the phone to the UK Samaritains......not really

I have used SPC for both renting and buying a property over here. I found them most helpful and professional and would use again without hesitation, especially when compared to my experience with other so called local agents.  The programme is not the sort of thing I would normally watch though.  :08:

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

PhillipJLloyd

Quote from: Wrypop on March 16, 2017, 07:50:43 AM
Those who can - do. Those who cant Teach and those that cant teach are Estate Agents.

:bravo_2:

zilnor

I watched this programme purely because it involved agents and property in Almeria. Have I missed something ?
The agents involved are no better or any worse than estate agents I have used over the years in England  France and Spain. Like everybody, they want to earn money.

I have never used SPC so cannot give an opinion of them based on personal experience.

As Jabba has said, you can get a real bargain in -Arboleas and surrounding areas. Great for the purchaser, but not so great for the vendor who will lose money.

Wrypop

Those who can - do. Those who cant Teach and those that cant teach are Estate Agents.

Oldjimmy

It's a TV programme as soon as you relise you don't like it turn it off!

jabba the cat

Yes is a bit over the top but when you see the property you can buy and what you get for your money no wonder the Brits are moving out sell your two bedroom terrace at over inflated £s and buy a lovely villa with pool and put the rest in the bank.  :97:

Keep um comming especially to Arbi land lots of great properties to buy,don't see what the problem is estate agents all over the world are after one thing your money by way of commision fees.  :32:

PhillipJLloyd

Quote from: byrney on March 15, 2017, 20:40:00 PM
Thanks KJ and Webe - I thought it must just be me - the worrying thing is that this is what is being portrayed to people who may well be interested in buying over here.....

We all know that the majority of Estate Agents are slimy toad-balls - this programme does nothing to dispel that theory.

We all knew that before !!

Best comedy on telly  :bravo_2:
On any of these programmes, always love the end when they have bought the property at a bargain price, 10K below asking price, its Spain that's not a bargain.

Lynden

If the families involved hoped it would boost their business they may be disappointed. TOWIE in an estate agency, unprofessional doesn't start to describe this tripe.

byrney

Thanks KJ and Webe - I thought it must just be me - the worrying thing is that this is what is being portrayed to people who may well be interested in buying over here.....

We all know that the majority of Estate Agents are slimy toad-balls - this programme does nothing to dispel that theory.

webejamin

Saw it today byrney (well a bit of it) what a loada rubbish, not interesting, not even entertaining.

KJH3

Silly program, full of false people, pre set up, made for people with nothing better to do than watch this sort of c--p. I was asked to watch it. I managed 10 mins looking, rest of time reading a paper. The TV will not be switched on at that time again, TV does not get much worse than this.

byrney

Well folks what do you think about this new programme on Channel 4.

My view is that it is absolutely dreadful.

Unfortuntely for the two family Estate Agents who are involved, it has made me decide that I would never in a month of Sundays ever even darken their doorsteps.

They are NOT reality "stars" which they seem to think they are - they are supposedly professional Estate Agents.

Unfortunately, I have met other UK "Estate Agents" in the area who are very similar in attitude and style. 

Thank God we didnt have to deal with this type of Agent otherwise we would never have bought here.

I await the horse's head on my pillow.......