Anyone Moved Recently to Spain?

Started by Twittwoo, March 04, 2017, 10:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rippin82

Hello, I sent you a pm with info if still needed!

Mickeemoo

I  can highly recommend jimbothescott, he moved myself and also my inlaws to Spain and he also moved my in laws back to uk, and he's also moving myself back again in two weeks. Does what he says when he says. You may find cheaper but that doesn't always mean better.

jimbothescot

It appears my website has been hacked and the man who looks after my website has been away in Scotland, so is unable to do anything as passwords etc are back in Spain. Mailing to the website will not get me just now, please use jimbothescot1@yahoo.co.uk until the website problem has been resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jimbo
Jimbo The Scot Removals
Gonar, Almeria, Spain
Tel  Mob 771080170(Jimbo) or 711093912 (Ali)
UK mob 0044 7985 762606
www.jimbothescot.com or e-mail jimbothescot1@yahoo.co.uk
For a friendly efficient removals service.

Twittwoo

Thank you all for your replies along with the few PM's I have received.  Taken everything on board and will do some serious research!! 

Jay

Take it from someone who learned the hard way, there is no amount of research that will guarantee your stuff.  We were going to bring our stuff in a container so bought the container, boxed all our bits and pieces and packed the container, as it was only us with access we did not number or label boxes. we were then let down with the house we were renting and the 2nd place had no access to get the container wagon in so had to change our plans to have a removal company do it.  We contacted companies, got quotes, we asked about references, insurance cover, storage of our bits in transit and anything else we thought relevant.

Due to us previously moving it by container non of the boxes were labeled or numbered so to be fair I had no idea what as in which box, (not needed, we were the only ones with access to the container) but because of the change of plan that went out of the window. Picked our removal company, they came and were in such a rush they would not give me time to number the boxes, loaded their van and trailer when initially told it was a van more than capable of carrying all our stuff and they left.  Because of the way we had pack the container certain thing were right at the back ended up at the rear of the van but when unloaded the same items were the last things off as they were behind the drivers seat, when asked about the driver explained that the van had been unloaded at their depot as they had a local job they took on and needed the van, this is after saying that once the van was packed it would be sealed, when we got the quote. As things came offit became clear that things were not right, bits were missing for example, we got the kickboards to cabinets that did not arrive. when unpacking it became clear boxes were missing, for example the box containg my mixer arrived but the box with the accessories didn't, box containing bedroo bits including my jewelry boxes didn't, box containing a laptop, computer bits and discs did not arrive as well as odds and sods boxes, so you can imagine how I felt.

Contacted the transport company, originally they said they would look for the missing boxes and would contact me, 2nd time I contacted them denied that they had emptied the van, 3rd time of contacting them I asked for their insurance details to make a claim they refused saying that we were trying to make a fraudulant claim and the boxes and bits were never put on in the first place. After trying several more times we saw a lawyer, taking with us all the documentation we had, his answer was short and simple, we could go through the claims court, would cost us about 10k and the chances were the company would simply go into liquidation, change ownership or just close and we still would not get anything.

6 yrs on we are still coming across items we look for but never arrived.  I know that people will say, you should have done this, you should have done that but the original method of trransport did not need us to make detailed notes as we were moving the stuff ourselves.  The point of this is that you can be as diligent as you can but there is always a first time.  What ever you value, jewelry, photos, computer and anything of value bring in your car.

The company involved still operates and still advertises that they have a 100% track record, references availble etc and there is nothing we can do about it because if anything is said in Spain it is considered as liable.

freddie

He is I his wAy back from England he is a great haulier we use him regularly if you want his what's app number if you are experiencing difficulties gettin him you can pm me

Leemd

I've been trying to log onto Jimbo's website to look at his up and coming dates and keep getting the following. I have emailed him but haven't had a response.

Warning: require(index.html) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage06/ji/mb/ot/jimbothescot.com/public_html/index.php on line 27

Warning: require(index.html) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage06/ji/mb/ot/jimbothescot.com/public_html/index.php on line 27

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'index.html' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/share/pear:/usr/local/php52/share/php') in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage06/ji/mb/ot/jimbothescot.com/public_html/index.php on line 27

chevyrecycler34

Hi. Partner in the process of moving from Cambridge area to Urcal. Full house move.
She/we researched quite a few shippers and in the end are using a local company, Pretloves as they were the only ones bothered enough to go and look at her stuff that was in a secure lock up at the "Big Yellow self store behind Home base.
Beware using a Luton van as a measure. We quoted two and a half Luton van loads from house and into storage.
Despite filling in numerous inventories that shippers use for capacity we kept coming up against ridiculous quotes based on cubic capacity of an average Luton van as if to say we'd packed each load to within an inch of capacity.
You will always have more stuff than you think, (or want, or need).
In the end the shippers took all her stuff into their own storage, free of charge and contrary to all the other cubic metre nonsense we were quoted, they said it was only a part load ! and she'll get her stuff a few days after completing.
Bear in mind you'll be at the mercy of shippers ability to ship to a set date, you won't be able to say can you deliver next Tuesday for example, if they have a load coming down next Tuesday and they can combine loads in a very short time frame then you'll have dropped on. Some shippers do two runs a month as an example.
Another message we received was to beware of hiring a van one way, there are renters who do one ways dropping the van for instance at a depot in Murcia but if you overload the van be prepared to be stopped by either French or Spanish police and be involved in all kinds of problems as they use weigh bridges right off ferries and at border controls though we didn't see much evidence coming off the Portsmouth Bilbao ferry last week bringing down the car packed with personal effects.
Horror stories such as having to get a second vehicle and driver to get within weight limits, fines, confiscation blah blah can give you sleepless nights. We were looking at this route at the outset and decided to go with a pro.
You simply mention a 7.5 ton van with a driver and don't mention insurance, van hire, nor how much furniture even.
As has been mentioned you need to do more research regarding individual items, some companies will give you cubic metres, some cubic feet, some go by size/weight. It's not so simple as it might at first appear to get it right.
Shipley might give you an idea or benchmark but as above, you can't expect deliveries exactly when you might want them. Hope this helps in some way.

freddie

We still use Jimbo to bring stuff over for us, fully legal vehicle and your good are insured , although we have never had anything damaged  , but at least if the worst happened you would be covered, heard done horrendous stories of people items being damaged with other people not covered. Fred Phillips is another good haulier and based locally, best wishes on your move Arboleas is a lovely village

daver

i second that .get in touch with Jim and save yourself a lot of headaches and possibly save money as well

takemehome

Suggest you need to measure accurately what you have using the on site calculator at www.jimbothescot.com then ask for a quote, very helpful guy.

Twittwoo

Hi
Can anyone give me a rough guide how much it would cost to move furniture from Cambridgeshire to Arboleas with a 7.5 tonne truck and driver?
Thank you