Parking At Almeria Airport - Help

Started by Pennydot, February 28, 2017, 09:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Absolutely Gus,

it's how they test cars to make sure they can cope with even the worst driver....have you not seen them ragging it round Andalucia in the test cars?

Oh, forgot, you're in the more genteel province of Murcia.  :051bye:

gus-lopez

Quote from: byrney on February 28, 2017, 19:27:00 PM
"If you saw how they drove them you wouldn't use them  wtf ." - Gus - I have, and I do.

They probably drive it better than me - and, anyway, cars need a good burn-out from time to time - assume you have your car serviced at a garage?......nuff said.

You rip the gearbox out in every gear ? Flat out over the speed humps? Come round exiting slip road trying to push everyone out ?   & that is here in Spain Not the ****ing UK . & Yes I've had altercations on 3 occasions with different ones at Alicante.
& no I don't everything done by me.My cars are up there with the wife , daughter's & dogs, untouchable by anyone.
Quote from: byrney on February 28, 2017, 23:15:08 PM

Entirely my experience Sherbert.  Clearly others mix-up the service by AA with more disreputable firms located at UK airports........or, rather located ten miles away from UK airports.

Maybe they are one of the better ones. But you drop it off & don't see how they are driven after. I pass them regularly between the storage areas / airport & it's flat out everywhere.  As I rarely fly to the Uk  your dig doesn't apply to me.

Elgin

It depends!  If you only want a very short stay then it might be cheaper to just use the main car park.  E.g. if you create an account at AENA.es and prebook parking for 1 day then the cost is under €10 whilst AA Parking will charge you a minimum of €15.  However, for longer durations AA Parking are probably cheaper.

Alicante is cheaper as there is much more competition.  However, I have found recently that it is cheaper and  easier to prebook online and then park in the main (P1) car park than have the hassle of parking off site or mucking about making phone calls and hanging around if you use meet and greet

AnnieR

Penny, the new service from Exclusive Airport Shuttles runs for ALL direct flights to/from Almeria and the UK, and there are pick-ups at Albox, Arboleas, La Alfoquia and Los Carasoles.  It is the service to Alicante that only runs once a day. Cost 23 euros each way, but no driving, no petrol, no parking fees.   Phone 950092602 for info.

Pennydot

Quote from: debs on March 01, 2017, 20:20:36 PM
Have you considered by bus - Exclusive Airport Shuttles have now extended their service to pick ups from Albox.  If its only one person travelling it can work out cheaper.  http://www.exclusiveairportshuttles.co.uk/

Thanks for the advice, deb.  Unfortunately, from what I have seen the buses run in the morning; my flight is not until 20:15 in the evening, and, to be honest, I can think of better places to spend time than Almeria Airport.  Coming back I don't land until 7:30 in the evening, which would mean either someone picking me up for the return journey, or waiting until the next day for the bus back.  But I do appreciate you replying with help!  :c017:

debs

Have you considered by bus - Exclusive Airport Shuttles have now extended their service to pick ups from Albox.  If its only one person travelling it can work out cheaper.  http://www.exclusiveairportshuttles.co.uk/

Pennydot

Many thanks for all the advice and support, guys!  At the end of the day, I will sort out something; as my husband points out it is cheaper than 2 return runs.  :051bye:

byrney

Entirely my experience Sherbert.  Clearly others mix-up the service by AA with more disreputable firms located at UK airports........or, rather located ten miles away from UK airports.

sherbert

Used AA parking at Alicanti and Almeria many times, always had great service,
In fact I used them at Almeria two weeks ago, booked on line for 5 days, they confirmed within 12 hours,even remembered me,despite not having used them for about a year.
Arrived at Almeria, met immediately by a member of staff, upon return we left the airport and our car was waiting right at the exit.
Paid the 38 Eu to a very courteous staff member. checked the car only to be very surprised that it had been washed and hoovered ( I did not pay any extra for this service) very nice surprise.
Suffice to say I would always use AA parking, and recommend them despite other peoples coment I have not reason to knock their service.

byrney

"If you saw how they drove them you wouldn't use them  wtf ." - Gus - I have, and I do.

They probably drive it better than me - and, anyway, cars need a good burn-out from time to time - assume you have your car serviced at a garage?......nuff said.

bobancarol

Agree with Byrney, used AA parking several times, never had a problem always there for drop off and collection and very reasonable price

gus-lopez

Quote from: byrney on February 28, 2017, 14:01:35 PM
Jonno - there isn't a shuttle bus from AA parking at Almeria.

You go into the car park, take a ticket, and the AA bloke is waiting for you at the departure door.  You hand him your keys and ticket.  Job done.

The return is just as easy.  Out of customs, AA man is there, with your keys and car park exit ticket and away you go.

At the end of the day, we all have our preferences and choose accordingly.  Pennydot simply asked for a recommendation for a car parking company at the airport which is what I did.

If you saw how they drove them you wouldn't use them  :wtf: . They drive them like I do a hire car.  :13:

Even worse at Alicante. :03:

byrney

Jonno - there isn't a shuttle bus from AA parking at Almeria.

You go into the car park, take a ticket, and the AA bloke is waiting for you at the departure door.  You hand him your keys and ticket.  Job done.

The return is just as easy.  Out of customs, AA man is there, with your keys and car park exit ticket and away you go.

At the end of the day, we all have our preferences and choose accordingly.  Pennydot simply asked for a recommendation for a car parking company at the airport which is what I did.

jonno

..... but on the other hand Byrney u dont have to wait for shuttle bus to take u from AA compound to airport. Airport is 2 minute walk from parking. AA usually slightly cheaper but best to check ur dates there can be variations. I used to use AA but found airport slightly more convenient.

byrney

I always use AA Parking at Almeria.  Good service and have always been cheaper than the airport parking - and they have a secure compound/garage.

Sueandandyb

Pennydot

Quote from: Sueandandyb on February 28, 2017, 09:34:59 AM
Hi
We always go through looking for parking we are going 1-9th may meat&agree at for €33.53 I know it's double for what you would pay at Alicante but Almeria is only an hour away & the flights was dearer at Alicante than what Almeria was so swings& roundabouts

Thank!  Do you have an web or email link for them???   :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Sueandandyb

Hi
We always go through looking for parking we are going 1-9th may meat&agree at for €33.53 I know it's double for what you would pay at Alicante but Almeria is only an hour away & the flights was dearer at Alicante than what Almeria was so swings& roundabouts

Pennydot

Anyone got a good Parking Company for Almeria Airport?  They seem to be very expensive - but then has to be offset with 4 car journeys!  Talking first week in May! Thanks in advance?     :c017:

BTW I have checked on line and only got 1 result, but included 2 parking areas, both over €40.  Am I being optimistic??  Used to going via Alicante. . . . .