E111 Card invoice.....

Started by Tetley, February 14, 2017, 21:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Its certainly going to be intresting on the EU  outside  .

only Spoilt Eddy...... some Brits still seem to think there the master race and the world will stop rotating without them..... looks like there going to be paying for there European Folly.......
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Eddie

Quite right Doreen 1.  Brits are one very spoilt nationality

doreen1

No such thing as free healthcare in the Republic Of Ireland, unless you are unemployed or low income earner ( even then you are means tested ).

Tetley

Quote from: Roy Thomas on February 16, 2017, 20:59:45 PM
I am assuming from Tetley's statement that the girl was born in Northern Ireland so therefore is able to get a Irish and UK passport.
So as she lives in Scotland she has UK EIHC card but as she is also an Irish citizen is also entitled to free healthcare being an Irish citizen.

i fink thats the jist,the main point ive learnt is...... if there bxgering every bxgger abought now.... wile were in the EU  what will it be like once were out........or am i going all Hozzy Hosbourne.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkXHsK4AQPs
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Roy Thomas

I am assuming from Tetley's statement that the girl was born in Northern Ireland so therefore is able to get a Irish and UK passport.
So as she lives in Scotland she has UK EIHC card but as she is also an Irish citizen is also entitled to free healthcare being an Irish citizen.

doreen1

So you can have a health card from more than one country? I thought they were linked to the health authority that you are registered with.

Roy Thomas

Quote from: gus-lopez on February 16, 2017, 17:48:08 PM
Quote from: Roy Thomas on February 16, 2017, 16:28:51 PM
Quote from: mel20 on February 16, 2017, 15:14:48 PM
We'll be alright Tets 2 million expats turning up in the UK for housing and medical care ....No problem for the NHS .... Might be a problem with the housing though .... still we can always build a tent city outside Westminster

With 3.3m EU citizens living in the UK but only 1.2M expats living in the EU then returning expats should find no problems getting a house to live in and the NHS current problems will be sorted.

Role on 2019!!!!

If you believe that figure then you are dreaming  . There is more than that living in Spain alone.
Over the last 15 years the emigration from the Uk has averaged around 300k. That's 4,5 million just in that period. Admittedly not all are in the EU , nor have half died. General concensus of those without a vested interest in book cooking is there are 5 million living in the EU.
If you also think that the 3,3 million would actually leave without trashing the place you must be on something ?
Or that  a large amount of those who might involuntarily return wouldn't also torch what the others leaving hadn't  you are in cloud cuckoo land. Not that it is going to come to that you should hope for your own sake.

5m Expats living in Europe I think it is you in cloud cuckoo land.

But like you I do not think it will come to us having to return the UK.
But continued triple lock increases in state pension each year is unlikely.

gus-lopez

We'll be alright Tets 2 million expats turning up in the UK for housing and medical care ....No problem for the NHS .... Might be a problem with the housing though .... still we can always build a tent city outside Westminster

With 3.3m EU citizens living in the UK but only 1.2M expats living in the EU then returning expats should find no problems getting a house to live in and the NHS current problems will be sorted.

Role on 2019!!!!

If you believe that figure then you are dreaming  . There is more than that living in Spain alone.
Over the last 15 years the emigration from the Uk has averaged around 300k. That's 4,5 million just in that period. Admittedly not all are in the EU , nor have half died. General concensus of those without a vested interest in book cooking is there are 5 million living in the EU.
If you also think that the 3,3 million would actually leave without trashing the place you must be on something ?
Or that  a large amount of those who might involuntarily return wouldn't also torch what the others leaving hadn't  you are in cloud cuckoo land. Not that it is going to come to that you should hope for your own sake.

Tetley

Quote from: John P on February 16, 2017, 17:31:42 PM
Quote from: Tetley on February 16, 2017, 15:50:49 PM
how do you code brake this one boys...... ?
Difficult one really.
So she's a Scot, then she's got a valid UK EHIC, then she's Irish, and the hospital thinks she's already left the EU.
I think we might need Alan Turing for this one.

plus her Dads a top cop,so hepefully she will have all the boxes ticked,she is UK  resident ie the familys in Scotland but she also has Irish citizenship.

the main thing for me here,is

sombody uses the e111,they get billed,newcastle pays up.... but its not cleared off the manderins computer this end,next thing theres debt collectors jumping around either in uk or sp or..... both and the debt on paper is increasing.

intresting times...

Tetley

Role on 2019!!!!

assuming there are any nursing staff or care home bum wipers left......once everybodys does the UK & EU Oky Coky......

Tetley

The thing is this is a large city centre hospital in a capital of a main Autonomous Region of spain,it does make yer wonder what instruction has been handed down,ie were not talking a small village GP ,s up in the mountains were there guessing.......

anyway campers at least yev all had the heads up if  using yer e111,s as to what could happen as i would think very few Brit,s will have good enough Spanish to point out your rights and there obligations to you on the medical care front as a current European citizen.

zilnor

Lynden,
I was referring to professionals at a Spanish hospital, not silly Brits trying to break back into their country !  :57:

Roy Thomas

Role on 2019!!!!

Lynden

Quote from: zilnor on February 16, 2017, 16:17:33 PM
Just shows you how up to date and knowledgeable on current affairs some of the local Spanish are !  :57:
You could'nt make it up !
Goes for some of the ex pats too Zilnor  :banghead:
Oddly a similar thing happened in Albox around 6 months ago. Staff refusing to register Brits as we had voted out so no more service. They were put right but it's a strange old world.

zilnor

Just shows you how up to date and knowledgeable on current affairs some of the local Spanish are !  :57:
You could'nt make it up !

Karen4

Quote from: Tetley on February 16, 2017, 14:48:59 PM
My kids just been back to the hospital...apparently....they thought the UK  had already left the EU and the card was no longer valid because of this reason..... hence the invoice also the girl is an  Irish National so there sorting the bill for her as Irealand is still an EU Member.....

looks like may 2019 onwards should be fun........not !

My god are they serious?! Do they/professionals really think the UK is no longer part of the EU?! Just like those idiot UK folk who have been coming home to UK from holiday and filing into the "non-EU" queues at customs etc. Unbelievable!
Cl3880

Tetley

Fing is,even with a deal done to remain, the medical must be  maintained...........as part of a deal.

how do you code brake this one boys...... ?

mel20

Tetley

My kids just been back to the hospital...apparently....they thought the UK  had already left the EU and the card was no longer valid because of this reason..... hence the invoice also the girl is an  Irish National so there sorting the bill for her as Irealand is still an EU Member.....

looks like may 2019 onwards should be fun........not !

Tetley

Quote from: John P on February 16, 2017, 12:07:24 PM
Quote from: byrney on February 15, 2017, 19:25:23 PM
How long had she been "living" in Spain?  Just for a couple of weeks holiday, or had she been here for rather longer and, hence, should have registered with the Authorities?
Byrney, I've decoded the reply above and it seems to say, please don't ask awkward questions or I'll have to dissemble.  :hee20hee20hee:

At least you & bryns are been Consistent,were certainly blessed....

Bill,Vic worked a treat    :sign0098:

byrney

Yes, that's what I thought JP !!

Cuddlybill

Tets,
Did u get your rub down from Vic, is he friends of Hogs & Webbe from the Blue Oyster Club.

CB.. :103: for me theme night.. :signspamani: also availble..
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

Tetley

Quote from: webejamin on February 15, 2017, 22:51:01 PM
Oh no!!! Tets, :16: not man flu :c023: be brave Tets, it'll pass :72: unless yer peg out in the meantime :32:
[/quote

im gonna get a  a rub down wi vic, then read an Oct 1989 financel times......gi mi sen a bit of a lift   :cry:

webejamin

Oh no!!! Tets, :16: not man flu :c023: be brave Tets, it'll pass :72: unless yer peg out in the meantime :32:

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on February 15, 2017, 19:25:23 PM
How long had she been "living" in Spain?  Just for a couple of weeks holiday, or had she been here for rather longer and, hence, should have registered with the Authorities?

Bryns she works for the uk government,there making a list of UK illigal Aliens,that may try to get beck into the UK,befor B exit Day.you will be ok tho,ive already had a word,infact ive got yer on the Filey Brit plate round table....

jnrs been busy to day wi lectures,so dont think thev sorted it.

over & Out    :great:

ps

you must maintain radio silence this weekend the national Police  will be listening to our brexit comunikays,there especialy intrested in Northan,Shell suited,gold shoed up,Ryan Air early borders,....3 under cover NP will be on gate 29 Alacanti ...all weekend

over & Out  x2 .

ps
if we have any ladys on the panel that know me,ive got man flue and feel snit,will yer drop us a bit of cake in or a bun if yer baking ,thanks  xx

byrney

How long had she been "living" in Spain?  Just for a couple of weeks holiday, or had she been here for rather longer and, hence, should have registered with the Authorities?

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on February 15, 2017, 08:20:41 AM
The other issue is whether the hospital considered it a genuine emergency, covered by the reciprocal agreement.

it was AE  Rog,she stumbled on a pavment ( sober ) and the 2 lads had to carry her to AE  round the corner ie the main Reni Sophia state Hospital,there they x rayed the ankle,and then strapped it up,no problem with the euro card,everything done dusted within 2 hours in AE  but then got a bill in the post yesterday from the hospital approx 10 days after the treatment.

guest4538

Quote from: Roger on February 15, 2017, 08:20:41 AM
The other issue is whether the hospital considered it a genuine emergency, covered by the reciprocal agreement.

What do you mean by 'emergency'? The EHIC is supposed to cover all health problems requiring treatment, as long as you are not going abroad specifically for that treatment.

Quote from http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx:

"Covered

The card provides you with the right to access state-provided healthcare on temporary stays at a reduced cost or, in many cases, for free. This includes treatment of a chronic or pre-existing medical condition that becomes necessary during your visit.
It includes routine maternity care (not only because of illness or an accident), as long as you're not going abroad to give birth. However, if the birth happens unexpectedly, the EHIC will cover the cost of all medical treatment for mother and baby linked to the birth.
The EHIC covers the provision of oxygen and kidney dialysis, although you will have to arrange and pre-book these treatments before you go on holiday. You can ask your GP or hospital for advice, but make sure you are not booked with a private healthcare provider, as these are not covered by the EHIC.
The card also covers routine medical care for people with pre-existing conditions that need monitoring."

Angleseyite

My wife and sister-in-law have both used their health cards at the Salud in Albox with no trouble at all.  :sign0098:

Roger

1dezza2

The first question that should be ask is the hospital a private one . There are to types here in Spain and if you don't go to the equivalent to our national  health one you will get charged even if you have a card.

JAW5

I had to use my EHIC card in France a few years ago for treatment for a dislocated finger.  I received a bill from the French hospital and, once paid, received a receipt to submit to the UK for reimbursement.  As the bill was less than €50 I didn't bother claiming it back.

Tetley

Basikly the girl is 18,from scotland uk res,non spanish res with a current european health card issued by newcatle, my kids going to the hospital with her wensday  to see what the score is.

Thanks Karen for the links   :sign0098:

Karen4

It would be worth checking with the Citizens' Advice Spain as they are most likely to have the correct information. However, it depends very much on the circumstances, tourist, travel insurance, EHIC, emergency or not, private or state hospital. Some information here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/10089368/Spain-faces-EU-legal-action-over-illegal-hospital-bills-for-tourists.html
and here
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/holidays/article-3117445/Maureen-s-2-400-bill-care-Spanish-hospital.html
but so much depends on the individual circumstances.
Cl3880

byrney

Well Tets, and, as you know, I'm not a lawyer, my simple understanding is that if you are a UK resident and have a valid EHIC Card you get free emergency treatment under either the reciprocal arrangements between the UK and Spain or as an EU Citizen.

Maybe the issue is that the young lady in question does not have a current, valid EHIC Card and that is why she is being charged?

Of course, if that is the case (and even if it isn't) this is a perfect opportunity to remind UK citizens who are residents/non-residents/tourists or whatever they choose to be "living" in  Spain, that it is even more important now to make sure that they make the decision as to where they are living and make sure that they have the relevant documention in place to ensure they don't end up without health care when they need it.

Oh, how many times have I heard ex-pats use the phrase - "but I/we don't "do" illness"......

Again, though Tets, what's your kid's (and his legal muckers) take on this one?