EU Citizen ship if offered ?

Started by Tetley, December 09, 2016, 19:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gus-lopez

Go on ,put me down for a dozen. :lol:

Tetley

Quote from: Karen4 on December 09, 2016, 23:13:56 PM
...or use their existing dual nationality if they have it!

Another intresting point Karen ,looks like us all new  EU  citizens ( one removed thanks  :)) )could still be seeing a few of our old  Brexiteers wile out and abought.... specially if Brexit only means Brexit....when it suites  ......mmmm... :wink:

:)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Karen4

...or use their existing dual nationality if they have it!
Cl3880

Tetley

how i grasp it,is yer would keep yer standard uk deal,ie pension uk meds,but have access to move travel live work in any of the other 27 states,but yer may possible have to sort yer own out of uk meds out,as you would do in Ausi or the USA ,ect

this to me would bring the UK  back into the European comunity once the older Brexitter genaration had passed,ie the youngsters would probably be /are more euro friendly in 20 years time,or sooner,if the brexit tits up,s the UK.

however i posed the question realy to see if our Brexiteer home owners would take up the new free movment citizenship deal post brexit if its offerd ,or say NO,stand by there Brexit means Brexit vote,  and take there chances with going down the 90 day short stay visa route in the worst  case of a hard no auto free movment Brexit

basikly will our  forum Brexiteers take the EU  peices of Silver if offered ie to maintain there EU  citizenship post UK Brexit,  to carry on useing  there Spanish homes 24/7 365 days a year OR  will they stand by the UK full EU  OUT and decline the EU  maintaining of there current EU citizenship.

:outtahere:

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

ray

PhillipJLloyd

So would that mean giving up your British pension ??

guest14507

That would depend on the terms of taking EU citizenship. If it were to include, free health care, parable pensions (or better?), for people of working age, unemployment benefit and child benefit, I think a lot of people would change. I personally do not think Spain is in a position to offer this to, not only the British, but all the other immigrants that reside in Spain. Plus I cannot imagine what the reaction of the Spanish people would be.

ray

Sure will if not too many bucks. Tried with the Irish thing but failed, I consider myself European.

Tetley

H ,apparently yer never loose yer UK bit,example if yer take Out Spanish Citizen ship,yer have to renounce yer UK citizenship in the SP Prosses,but the UK dont recognise yer renouncing the mother land....so it buy one..and keep yer old one,  :wink:

Anyway i fink il apply to be a Romanian Citizen,keep the UK Numbers up ... :thumbsup:

:))

casablanca

Quote from: Tetley on December 09, 2016, 19:19:33 PM
There is some talk in Euro Circules that Brits may be offered EU citizen ship.....assuming the UK ever leaves and opts for a hard type non free movment Brexit

so would you be intrsted,even if it means undermining the Brexit.

ie would our Brexit voting home owners take the offer up,or say NO on Priciple that Out means Full Out.

genuine Question

i would take out Euro citizen ship as long as its not megga books   :tiphat:

Blinkin eck S, Are you saying that there were some EU home owners who voted for Brexit?? Sureley not  :wink: :wink:

Seriously, would this mean giving up British citizenship entirely or could there be some kind of dual nationality arrangement in the offing? Personally I think it would be a bit risky giving up all chance of future access to Blighty, if that was the case.

Tetley

There is some talk in Euro Circules that Brits may be offered EU citizen ship.....assuming the UK ever leaves and opts for a hard type non free movment Brexit

so would you be intrsted,even if it means undermining the Brexit.

ie would our Brexit voting home owners take the offer up,or say NO on Priciple that Out means Full Out.

genuine Question

i would take out Euro citizen ship as long as its not megga books   :tiphat: