Triumph Radiator.

Started by ray1946, December 01, 2016, 06:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

you should be able to get the fan switch on re maped to come in at a lower temp,your best place to get the info on this is the Triumph forum,i run an old brit market gpx,ive never had a problem with over heats,but turn the bike off if yer sat in
traffic at 40 deg.

basikly get the fan in early and the bike wont cook,however i think the triples can be pron to a bit of head gasket probs if there run hot so keep a watch on yer temp gauge.

the other thing is,i use my kwack with no thermostat wich i would do with my 595 & TT 600  if i was using them in the heat.

:tiphat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hE2GnnqWWE
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

ray1946

Hiya Guy's,I have a Triumph Speed Triple,I had a small leak on the fins,i took it to Peppins for Him to check it out,he said if i wanted a New Radiator it would cost 500 euros,he said he could repair it with a 1 year guarantee,i asked him to do that and give the bike a service and fit me a radiator a cover.I picked the bike up last monday,Juan told me he Pressurised the Rad & it was ok,he said cos it is an UK inport the Rad could be to Small and said it could give me a problem,as any of you guy's with a UK standard Triumph had a problem with there Radiator?would appreciate your comments stay safe.
:sunrun: :rain: