Handy place for lunch

Started by trish, February 03, 2016, 14:46:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

trish

Yes, I like that restaurant too - but the bar I mentioned yesterday is a lot smaller and local to Albox centre. You may find it advertised online as Bar El Saliente? On the corner and at the rear of the 'Indoor' market close to the Guardia Civil. Large patch of ground at the side is used by everyone shopping in town if that helps.

byrney

Trish, is that the restaurant at the petrol station half-way up to the Monastery?  If so, it's a couple of years since we went but can fully endorse your recommendation.

In fact, we were only discussing this week that a trip up there over the next couple of weeks would be excellent as the Almond Blossom paints a very pretty backdrop.

For those still on their New Year diet's do not try the Creme Catalan - delicious, but very naughty!

trish

For somewhere clean, friendly with good food try El Taberno de Saliente in Albox. Just had a very pleasant meal there with friends. Choice of three starters, three main meal plus a drink of your choice for only  ten euros each. Noel could not be more attentive and friendly Antonio is also there behind the bar. I tried their Meatballs in salsa with a Thai Fish Curry - very filling.