PROPERTY SEARCH

Started by GRACAR, January 23, 2016, 22:09:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

To be fair the" top of my head list i posted" covered most of it  ,the other thing is if you buy within a village area,its un likly anything will be overturned ,however ,if you buy in Arboleas,and check it out with Roger Done and a lawyer or legal secatery that knowes there stuff you shouldent have a problem,and if you have also pencilled in a 6 months stay and an EU  visa its job done.

if we bin the EU  we will be keeping our Family home in Arboleas ,im hoping my son can get citizen ship and qualify at uni so he can have the use of the home 24/7 and me and mar will be back on shift in the uk,with our 10500 quid tax allowances 20 hours a week each saving up for our 5 months winter  holiday a year in Arboleas    :thumbsup:

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

GRACAR

Hi Tetley, thanks for coming back so promptly. 

First of all, I'm trying to glean information prior to my property search, which is why my post was loaded with questions, aimed at those who've already gone through the property purchase experience (I've got lots more, I can assure you).  I'm hoping to learn from their mistakes, as well as their successes.  Incidentally, I've read many of the comments in this category, which have been very informative (particularly one of yours, I recall, which outlined 'off the top of your head' some of the checks you would consider a basic minimum, though I'm sure there are others).  It is 'those others' I'm trying to ascertain.  I note from your posting that all the certificates appear to be from the local authority.  However, from my preliminary investigations into illegal builds/adaptations, one of the major problems appears to be local authorities giving building/adaptation consent, but the Junta overruling their (local council) consent at a later date.  How can this anomaly be squared?  This was why I enquired whether it was feasible to contact the Junta direct, via my lawyer. 

Yes, I've given much thought to the prospect of a UK split from the EU and am of the opinion that I will adhere to the rules, whatever the outcome of the Referendum.  As I would have no need of a work permit, if that means spending just 6 months in mainland Europe at any one time, and splitting myself between the UK and Spain (as was the situation prior to 1972 when the UK joined the EEC/Common Market) then so be it.  I must say, though, I suspect in the event of a split, a mutual agreement would be reached very quickly, otherwise the UK might feel inclined to throw all mainland Europeans back over the channel in retaliation, and I really can't see anyone going for that.

Anyway, thanks once again for your input and please feel free to offer any advice you can.  Whilst we're at it, I don't know the region at all; are there any areas I should avoid when considering the legality of a build or, indeed, any areas which are preferable?  I'm looking ONLY at resale villas, so is it safer to be as close to the centre of a town, rather than on the outskirts, for instance?  Should I go for a property over a certain age?

I'm hoping to secure the services of the lawyer, Gerard Vazquez of Albox, currently working with the Body (AUAN) who is fighting for those unfortunate enough to have been caught out. Any other recommendations for an English-speaking lawyer, would be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Tetley

Just  out of intrest,do you know what documents you should be asking to see if your intrested in a home ,ie what advice have you already recived  ?

also if your a British National have you given any thought to a possible UK  ,eu exit ?

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

GRACAR

In just over a week, after the Acte de Vente (France), I'll be coming to the Arboleas area specifically to look for a property to purchase.  Could anyone advise what documentation I will need to take with me to open a Bank Account; to obtain an NIE; anything else?  I would prefer a bank with some English-speaking staff in the local area (face to face service).  It's heartening to learn there are British contacts, in positions of rank, in the Arboleas Ayuntamiento, which makes any dealings at that level, a little less daunting and Roger Done has been particularly accommodating, for which I'm truly grateful.  The selling of my property in France and actual removal is stressful enough, so it would be nice to feel the buying experience in Spain might be less so - fingers crossed.  I'm anxious to prepare as much as possible, to minimise any hurdles, dot the i's, cross the t's, and adhere to Spanish law (I hope that doesn't sound too naive; I know there are stumbling blocks - I just don't know where they are). 

Is it acceptable to contact the Junta, in reference to the legality of a property - via the solicitor, I presume?

Anyway, that's it for now, but I'm looking forward to making my new home in the region and making some new friends.  Thank you.  javascript:void(0);