El Castillo

Started by mickey spillane, August 29, 2015, 11:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenny911

El Castille closed until 7th October for holidays

hurlez

Totally agree about the owner , he is surly and rude. He Speaks to the staff in a terrible way too.

ghostrider1611

I have to agree with Karen 4  also chips with everything,  we went about 4 weeks ago ordered mushrooms for starter and loinof pork for the main I asked if it was possible to have a baked potato with the main course and was told not possible.   the owner came back and said they didn't have any mushrooms so asked for scrambled egg and potatoes,

when it arrived it was a mashed up fried egg stirred into chips not what you expect from a starter great setting go there if you like chips      we will onlygo there for a drink not to eat

dick

hayes

We went last week, the food and service was excellent.  We will be going back again. Very good value for money.
Wish there were more Spainish restaurants in this area.

musicdonna

The views are lovely.  You could maybe go there for a drink?

FunkiDunki

It's a shame I have been meaning to go and have a look I beleive that there are fantastic views?

guitarman

We went last night, good quality steak, but sadly the service is very poor, the guy running it didn't acknowledge us when we walked in although  he could see we were there, eventually he looked our way with an expression on his face which is hard to describe, a combination of indifference and surliness. The other waiting staff were not much better and couldn't offer up one smile between them . We had our meal , which was reasonable and a very good steak , a bit pricey compared to other local restaurants. Shame that the service is so poor and really these people should not be in the hospitality industry as they don't seem to know how to welcome people or make customers feel important.  :tiphat:

Karen4

I agree with Byrney. We used to go quite often, from its opening, as the food was great and very plentiful, even if SeƱor Feliz (Jose) could hardly break into a smile. We haven't been for about a year as things started to go downhill very fast, for whatever reason. The quality of the food was not good, the meats were fatty and full of gristle, and seemed to be very cheap and chewy cuts. Even the tapas weren't great after a while, cold, greasy and not much flavour.
Frankly Jose always made you feel as if you were in the way, and a trial to be borne rather than a PAYING guest to be welcomed.
I can't see us going back any time in the near future.
Cl3880

byrney

I fully agree with Donna.

We've been going on and off since it opened (more off than on recently simply because it's not been up to scratch).

One time you go and you get service and food which would be difficult to beat.  The next time, it's service with a snarl, and mediocre food.

It's not that it's rubbish, bad, or anything worth getting into an argument about, but it's just not up to scratch and there are many other places around which provide consistently good food and service.

I know many people who have similar views.

I understand that it is a family run affair from a well established Arbolean family.

Can't somebody from "within" "have a word", because I'd hate to see a potentially great place lost - with a bit of thought and work, it really could be the "fine dining" experience that many of us crave.

musicdonna

We've had a couple of very mediocre meals there, but other friends of ours have raved about it which means A) We were unlucky (both times) or B) When it comes to food, one person's "great" is another person's "not great"!  Not very helpful, sorry.

Donna

tandas

You go via El prado/la cinta over the new bridge then follow road round to the left and the restaurant is up on  the right hand side. Some parking up the top if full down bottom and walk up. We have had various meals some good some very bad and some indifferent.  If you have too many tapas they will be cold as they only have one microwave.The views are great though.

mickey spillane

Has anyone eaten at El Castillo Arboleas if so where is it and how do we get there, and what were your thoughts seems to be good and the views terrific.  Any comments welcome.