Started by musicdonna, October 21, 2012, 16:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicdonna

Hi Roz

Yes, we´re in all day. Thank you.

Donna

rozzieb

Hi Donna,

I have some knitted items which someone has asked me to deliver to you, will you be in tomorrow morning around 11.15 ? if so I will drop them in if thats OK.

Thanks

Roz

musicdonna

Please note that the deadline for the next consignment of garments from Almeria to the UK is the 3rd November.  If you are taking them to a collection point, would you kindly let me know when you have done it so that I make sure that Kate or I collect them!

With thanks,

Donna

musicdonna

Hi, Chevo42,

That´s alright.  I get them, too!  Take them please to Colin the Card (by Longos, Albox), Serendipity (near back of Rumores, Albox) or CATs Services, Alfoquia, and thank you so much!

Donna

chevo42

Where do I take knitted garments? I know it has been on before but have forgotten. Senior moments!

musicdonna

Dear Friends,

If you are currently knitting, thinking of knitting or have knitted the F&CB vests and beenie hats, please take a moment to read this important article written by Lynn, the Malaga Province co-ordinator about the current charity that we are knitting for, and represents an important and exciting need to change what we knit.  It follows an email sent to Kate in Almeria asking for a change of emphasis.  You can read this email on our Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/FishandChipBaby/?fref=ts  You will also find there a letter from Barbara who co-ordinates the distribution of garments.  If you could inform any friends who are knitting in the UK of the new developments, that would be extremely helpful.

**Please also note that the final deadline for knitters in Almeria to get their F&C outfits to the collection points is Saturday 3rd November, as they will be taken to the depot in Shropshire that week by Phil Morris of the Pakmore Removal Company.

Thank you so much,

Donna

"We have just received some marvellous news from Brian and Barbara, who have been getting the jumpers and hats for newborn babies to Africa for us.

It seems that the situation is improving to the extent that many more of the babies are surviving their first few weeks, and the need is changing as a result.
You can see more in depth information on the Greenfields website here:  www.gfafrica.com, but in a nutshell, they are now asking for knitted and crocheted squares to make baby blankets and cotton vests, and jumpers and cardigans for older babies and children,. There are other items they also need, but at the moment, they are really in need of blanket squares. This is great news for any would-be knitters who were not confident enough to make a jumper, and also for those who prefer to crochet!

Of course, there are still newborn babies to clothe, so any fish and chip outfits you already have started will be gratefully received. If you are able to knit or crochet 6" squares in any colours you like, we'd be delighted. They can all be dropped off at the usual collection points.

I am in the process of producing a pattern for a simple jumper that is suitable for older babies and children (just scaling up the F&C jumper doesn't work very well because the neck goes baggy) and I shall post it on our Face Book group, ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/FishandChipBaby/ ) as soon as it is finished. If you prefer to email me for a copy, I will happily send it to you. wendy.redwood@gmail.com

Once again, thank you so much to everyone who has been part of the fantastic success of the appeal thus far. We hope you will feel motivated to continue with us as we seek to support the babies we have helped into a happy and healthy childhood."