Obligation to renew residencia

Started by LisaD, July 17, 2015, 09:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Torrecillas

They haven't got round to it I suppose....and what with the UK leaving the EU (Lol), it's not worth it now!
Cutting through your red-tape....

gus-lopez

Yes that's an '06' . Problem when they all start 790 :lol: Wonder why they don't do the 12 online ?

Amanda Oakley

Hi

Well done Gus but this is not the "correct" 790....... this is for criminal record clearance, last voluntary act certification and insurance - in Almeria, the Foreign Office WILL be awkward and insist upon the Modelo 790 - Codigo 12...........
(in addition to a stapler!!!!)
Regards
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
Conveyancing and General Legal Services
info@aloservices.es
Tel 950 449179 / 667 994682

gus-lopez

Quote from: Carmen Torrecillas on October 06, 2015, 08:51:00 AM
Hopefully, one of these days the government office will get around to putting the link on their website (we have been waiting a few years now!)  There are payment forms modelo 790 available at our Huercal-Overa office that you can pick up in person.  They can't be e-mailed because only the originals are accepted.

I just put " modelo 790" in google , click on https://sede.mjusticia.gob.es/ServidorFormularios/formularios?idFormulario=790&lang=es_es

Then fill in on screen ,& print . It prints all 3 copies complete with who each one is for. Bank, Applicant , ministry & then take to bank & pay .
Did this a few weeks back for an " antecedentes Penales"  & perfectly acceptable in the Justice office in Murcia.

indala

Yesterday, I successfully made the journey to Almeria to renew my residencia.

Thank you very much for all your help. Special thanks to Amanda Oakley.

Carmen Torrecillas

Hopefully, one of these days the government office will get around to putting the link on their website (we have been waiting a few years now!)  There are payment forms modelo 790 available at our Huercal-Overa office that you can pick up in person.  They can't be e-mailed because only the originals are accepted.

Amanda Oakley

If any one needs the 790 tax forms, I have these in the office.
Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
info@aloservices.es

Carmen Torrecillas

This is the link for online appointments:

https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/index.html

The current payment form you need for NIE and first-time Residency (Modelo 790, Código 012) is not available to download from the internet.  You should go early to your appointment, collect a form and go to the bank near the Residency Office in Almeria (Extranjería) to pay.

indala

Thank you Amanda we appreciate your help.  :romance:

Amanda Oakley

If you have the "old" photo card Residencia, an expiry date is clearly shown - same as Spanish ID cards!!! Bit like Passports, photos change!!!
The new style residencia "mini" or the previous A4 paper format does not expire and shows you are resident in Spain from your "original" date - this card / paper certificate, does not serve to identify you or your nationality - (clearly stated) hence the need to carry photographic, legally accepted ID (such as Passport)
Link for renewal apppintments is
https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/citar
You will need
EX18 form
Prepaid tax (modelo 790 - €10.60) pay before going to Almeria
Passport - original and copy
Previous Residencia
I would also take
Padron certificate which confirms your address (no more than 3 months old)
Proof of income and confirmation of medical cover
If you live in Almeria, you have to apply in the same Province - BAZA should not allow applications unless you live in Granada
Your Residencia in whatever format, does not identify you as being a TAX resident in Spain, this is dictated by you declaring taxes and does, in my opinión, need an accountant to guide.
I hope this helps

Amanda Oakley
ALO Services (Zurgena)
info@aloservices.es

gus-lopez

Quote from: ES on July 17, 2015, 21:52:33 PM
Lisa D, you stated   - 

"And I am concerned that I will be a "new" resident again and my tax status will change for the worse when selling a property etc "

If this is why you are enquiring about the residence certificate, then sorry you are barking up the wrong tree. 

You must be fiscally registered with the spannish tax office as resident and have been on their books, for I believe 3 years, and then on the sale of your property you apply for a certificate that states that you are resident.  This certificate is required at the notary so preventing the buyers from withholding 3% and lodging it with the tax office.

Use a Gestoria or Accountant, preferably recommended by a friend. 

I can highly recommend Amanda Oakley to put you on the right track about all such matters.

No they have to date it from the date of your first registration.

ES ,obviously depends where you live. Up here the green certificate is enough for residency & if you are over 65 it is automatic , with or without. Notary has no interest in any other papers.
Friends of mine, residents for 12 or so years, sold recently . as Over 65 notary required nothing except green cert.No retention.

Daffy

Quote from: Carmen Torrecillas on October 02, 2015, 09:31:38 AM
ON A POSITIVE NOTE:  It's now possible to make an appointment for your NIE or residency ONLINE and even choose the time and date!!!

Can you supply the link to make an appointment on line please?

Carmen Torrecillas

ON A POSITIVE NOTE:  It's now possible to make an appointment for your NIE or residency ONLINE and even choose the time and date!!!

Lorraine

fluffyone

With anything in Almeria's oficina de extranjeria, take everything and more! Plus photocopy everything!
Old residencia card, nie, new padron issued within 3 months, passport etc!

LisaD

Thanks ES

No, I was simply under the impression that the residencia would take precedence over tax records

I also wasn't aware you had to apply for yet ANOTHER certificate that states you are a resident when or if you decide to sell a property here.

That's the wonderful thing about forums like this :clap:

ES

Lisa D, you stated   - 

"And I am concerned that I will be a "new" resident again and my tax status will change for the worse when selling a property etc "

If this is why you are enquiring about the residence certificate, then sorry you are barking up the wrong tree. 

You must be fiscally registered with the spannish tax office as resident and have been on their books, for I believe 3 years, and then on the sale of your property you apply for a certificate that states that you are resident.  This certificate is required at the notary so preventing the buyers from withholding 3% and lodging it with the tax office.

Use a Gestoria or Accountant, preferably recommended by a friend. 

I can highly recommend Amanda Oakley to put you on the right track about all such matters.
ES

LisaD

Thanks people

So just to check:

They will "backdate" the residence period to the original expired card?

Paperwork wise, I'm thinking passport/NIE and original residencia card - is there anything anyone's been asked for that I've left out?

I've never been asked for a padron in my life and will soon need to renew that too if that is a requirement

PS Queen CS - thanks for the pm will be in to see you next week hopefully x x x

felipe

We contacted Baza before going there and they do not allow residents from Almeria to go there anymore. But Almeria was all done and dusted within an hour or so. Make sure that you get an appointment first though.

RedEyes

You don't have to go to Almeria, I did mine in Baza.  OK, not a lot nearer, but the place was almost deserted, so it was a lot quicker.  With the new road, it should be quicker still.

Queen Clare Shirley

No you have to go to oficina de extranjeria!!!

So Im looking at the positives,

its sales at the moment, possible bargains at the meditteraneo, for me, a swift maccy d and a crafty kitkat cone

its around 10.80 for the residencia if you need the payment forms I have them
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

LisaD

I know - it's just the fag and expense of getting a renewal - trip to Almeria and whatever it costs for a paper one

Queen CS - am I right in thinking that you can just go to local police station if you already have a paper one?

Queen Clare Shirley

If you look at it from this point of view

All Spanish photo id cards have to be renewed every five years, due to this they have an expiry date on their cards, old fashioned resident cards had the same system, where an expiry date was on it, so they expect you to renew them as the old card has expired just like their DNI same system same rules. Updated pictures too.

the new green cards don't have an expiry date so therefore are valid for life, see simples
I have found by doing it the way they want it has benefitted me greatly and so I will continue to toe the line

Plus I need to go and get a new one mine has disintergrated
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Karen4

They DO have to accept it, but they just won't. Vicar of Dibley land again....
Cl3880

LisaD

thanks to both of you
So I need to remind them to use original date

The EU people are telling me that legally Spanish officials have to accept my card as it pre-dates 30th April 2006...

Sharron T

What I will add to the post Phil put on is that when ours were renewed it is on my new residencia that I have been resident since 2005

felipe

We were in the same boat under the belief that the old cards were acceptable. But you try using them for anything official such as getting onto the social system as we did. ´Sorry not acceptable´was the response. So we had to go to Almeria and get the new green ones.

LisaD

We have the "old fashioned" cards, which pre-date 2006

Because of this, we have always been told that we don't have to re-apply for the "new" green paper certificate

This is because of EU law:
Accordingly, since the entry into force of Directive 2004/38 in April 2006, all residence cards issued prior to April 2006 have effectively become Registration certificates.

A registration certificate is a document which registers EU citizens, confirming their right of residence in the host member state (under article 8 Directive 2004/38), (Spain in this case). A Registration certificate does not have an expiry date, given that it is not meant to be a residence permit.

Furthermore, following 5 years continuous residence in Spain, in accordance with article 7 Directive 2004/38, the EU citizen obtains permanent residence by virtue of Article 16 Directive 2004/38.

I don't really want to have to go all the way down to Almeria and pay yet again to "renew" this
And I am concerned that I will be a "new" resident again and my tax status will change for the worse when selling a property etc

Anyone else had any experience with stroppy officials and won?