Looking to buy in Arboleas

Started by GaryandPaul, July 12, 2015, 22:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

From my experience, one negative comment while I was buying, turned out to be the most positive comment I could have listened to and it saved me a fortune. So some, seemingly negative comments, often turn out very positive. You have to listen to "ALL" the answers when you ask a question and there are some very valid comments on here, from some very experienced people. :tiphat:

byrney

You are 100% correct Stringo in your assessment of things people need to seriously consider before moving to the Arboleaa area, but that is just as valid for anyone moving from their Mother Country.

Your post did sound negative in terms of buying here (specifically), when your subsequent addition would have given a more cautionary view of coming to live abroad in general.

Tetley

Stringo it looks to me like,you understand the job through living it  :tiphat:  ,Spains a great country,but at any age,been away from a system/ mother country that a person understands can be a task,my advice to anybody is give it a go,but also take note of the ones that have done and are doing and pick the weat from the chaff and the negative from the posative  as my old apprentice training manger used to say.

:)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

El Stringo

Quote from: felipe on July 20, 2015, 06:22:13 AM
Once again el stringo you are being totally negative.
There is nothing wrong in buying here. Just make sure that you have all the legalities in place. Check with the relevant town hall before handing over any deposit. Get it in writing from them that the house is legal. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
[/quote
i strongly object  to the expression  "onca again". I have regularly defended the lifestyle  here. With more than 9 years behind me now I have encountered both the good and the bad aspects  of life in Arboleas and would encourage would be purchasers to think long and hard before making such an important decision. There is far more to consider than just the housing  situation. Look forward to the time when you are unable to drive and see how isolated you could becomewith the lack of decent public transport.  Consider the likelihood of illness, heaven forbid, but it comes to many in time. The prospect of a stay in hospital, not just Huercal Overa, but possibly Granada, with a partner having to spend day after day in a bedside chair with no bed for themselves. Interpreters' fees. That's not being negative,  it is the harsh reality of life here. Incompetent officialdom, eg: a bank account embargoed more than 4 years after an event for which an invoice was never issued. There is a whole package to consider, not just the housing situation, and I wouls recommend life in one of the more advanced  regions well ahead of Arboleas/Almeria.

Tetley

Not sure it makes 100 % legal as im doing it by memory between headlamps & mains water pipes,but it would be the min i would want to see,before i even bothered with any form of 1e down deposits.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

PhillipJLloyd

Tetley, if that makes a purchase 100% legal, it is the best reply I've seen on here regarding house purchases. :clap: :clap: :clap:
But until buyers know this and make sure their solicitors get all this, there will still be things missed.

Tetley

legal house. basic start.( off the top of mi head )

public registered deed for the land wich matches the castrol size & ref number

public registered deed  for the house wich matches the castrol size number

urban segrigation licence with taxes paid.

all building licenses ie,house,pool,outbuildingand to include the end of works certificate.

certificate from the town hall....stating that they know of no outstanding issues known to the town hall

in date nota simple & plus bank & tax  embargo & ownership search

electric & water connection certificates ( bollatine )

town hall issued Hab cert.

:tiphat:

felipe

I agree with that. But where is the proof? What areas are you talking about? What are the law changes? Opinion is one thing but opinions need to be backed up with some facts.

PhillipJLloyd

Personal experience is not doom and gloom, just reality. There must be other members who have gone through the process of looking and buying and found it very straightforward.
A forum is for opinions and experiences , so that others can make decisions. Enough people have made mistakes buying in Spain.

felipe

Where are ALL these houses you looked at? I am not aware of any recent law changes so please tell us which laws have changed so that those wishing to sell can double check that they are indeed legal.

byrney

I agree wholeheartedly Phil.

Why do some people get their kicks from running down the area and putting off genuine people who want to make a life in this beautiful part of the World?

I just feel so sorry for those who want, or have, to sell for whatever reason, when we have such doom and gloom merchants about.

Gary and Paul, please ignore them, but do do your homework as Phil suggests, and enjoy.

Best wishes. Paul

PhillipJLloyd

OK,
Quote from: felipe on July 20, 2015, 09:20:44 AM
How can you say such a thing? When most houses ARE legal. It is about time that those making such statements start backing them up with solid proof that a house bought now will not be 100% legal.

Ok but this has been our experience of buying, well not buying !! We have seen many houses that were bought in the last few years and they did everything they could to ensure all paperwork was correct. Now they are trying to sell and been told it isn't, laws change, solicitors look into things more, etc. I'm not saying they never will be legal, but as mentioned many times , a 100% legal house now and in the future is very rare.
The only time all this is checked is when your selling, so most owners could be surprised.

felipe

How can you say such a thing? When most houses ARE legal. It is about time that those making such statements start backing them up with solid proof that a house bought now will not be 100% legal.

PhillipJLloyd

If you want to buy and have a 100% legal house for the future, now is the time to wake up, your dreaming because it won't happen.  :head

felipe

Once again el stringo you are being totally negative.
There is nothing wrong in buying here. Just make sure that you have all the legalities in place. Check with the relevant town hall before handing over any deposit. Get it in writing from them that the house is legal. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!

El Stringo

The answer in one word........DON'T

JonDee

Hi
The advise you have been given is totally correct, I have a house in Oria which is TOTALLY legal which I am selling, would you be interested?  One thing for sure is you will not be robbed.    If I were you, I would not use any of the estate agents in the entire area, they ALL think it is not necessary to communicate with the seller of the property, I have spoken to many residents who have experience of buying and selling and not one person has recommended any of them!   Not one has a good word for any of the estate agents from Almeria to Murcia, they all made the same complaints about the estate agents: they tell you the house is wonderful, 3 months later tell you you have to reduce the price, they NEVER ever provide feedback - I meant updates, they do not send any prospective buyers because they are waiting to get the seller to give it away, they advertise really cheap properties on Rightmove and of course when the unsuspecting contact them they contact the sellers and advise they reduce the price because they know they have few villas for 100,000 euro.   If you look on Rightmove you will note properties and often many of them have been sold, they have been left on Rightmove to generate un-suspecting buyers.   If a seller is not prepared to or less than 100.000 euro they will do nothing to find a buyer for you.    Many of the estate agents are selling illegal properties which of course they deny, I would watch the estate agents and which lawyers they advise you to use!    I have been horrified by some of the stories I have been told, my advise - BUY direct from the sellers it will save YOU the estate agent fee as mentioned some are charging the seller 6% which actually costs the buyer, my understanding is that estate agents should charge 3%, that is supposed to be the law, they all moan about the Spanish laws yet they break them daily.   I have heard about agents who take the deposit from the buyer and the seller does not see it or has to fight for it especially if the buyer withdraws when he has learned the title deeds are in-accurate.   A Spanish solicitor will charge you 1500 euro, to make a call or send an email to the land registry office, I would investigate who a Gestor reports to, the solicitors are supposed to be accountable but hey has anyone heard of a solicitor been struck off in Spain!   I do not know how many of these people sleep! 

tandas

Go to the townhall and check any property you see and think about buying is fully legal.  Or rent until Inn 14 has been settled and see how many properties come onto the market then.  Be aware you'll need to use a car for most trips out although the village can be walking distance from various areas now it is very hot it is not so nice walking.  In the 12 years we have been here the area has lots more to offer.

GaryandPaul

After spending several years holidaying with friends in Oria, we are now planning to move out to the Arboleas area.  Any constructive advice from forum members would deb greatly appreciated.  We have been rigorously researching both legal and financial matters but, we're aware that there is no substitute for local knowledge and helpful guidance from people who have 'been there' and 'done that'.  Any proactive guidance will be gratefully accepted.  Thanks G & P