and in the sky and sea
the little creature said Dear Lord
there,s not one left for me
the Father smiled and softly said
i,ve left you till the end
i,ve turned my own name back to front
and called you DOG MY FRIEND.

byrney

Also went this afternoon, and not a dog in sight.  Tasty perroburgers!

christine

Been this afternoon can,t fault the place very pleasant to sit out good service nice tapas i think it,s a lovely place , was very quite and cool think he has done a brill job .

byrney

Don't bother Chrissy, as you say, it is a very pleasant oasis, and to be honest, people like whingebag (sorry, flufbag) are best staying away and going to one of the numerous Brit establishments in the area.

cgmaywood

You are in Spain, you will always find dogs wandering around.

Most owners are responsible for their animals but you will get the odd one who is not.

Let's get back to the original post which was to say what a nice bar this is and worth a visit.

As has been said this is an outside bar in a park and inevitably you will get dogs around.

Why don't you give it a try?

Chrissy

fluffbag

Just that I agree it would be nice to go out to have tapas without the GODS having to be around, and to have to put up with them messing and barking etc.

cgmaywood

Following my original post we have been back to the bar a few times.

The service has been good and the tapas very tasty.  The two gents who run the bar go out of their way to make your visit enjoyable.

A lovely little oasis for a relaxing drink.

Fluff bag, not sure what your comment adds to this topic?

Chrissy

fluffbag

Nobody thought that they would ban smoking but they need.......dogs next yippee :clap:

pandacarr

We tried this yesterday and it was excellent! Lovely service, good choice of food and a pleasant environment. We took our dog, who sat quietly with us and it made a simple but enjoyable hour at lunchtime. Will definately go again!

shadowguard

Quote from: Whinging old git on July 06, 2015, 11:34:47 AM
 Hi all, we are not anti dog at the park bar, we use the bar most weekends.
There's a british couple we have seen in there with there dogs,who go in regular, last week one of there dogs messed in the area were the children play, no they didn't clean up the mess, even thou they saw the dog doing his business, and several other people saw it also, they just drank up quickly and left.  They should be banned from going in there, its not the dogs fault, its there responsability.  

Several people saw it but no one said anything? Maybe next time you see them in there one of you could go and hand them a plastic bag and  wait for them to ask what it is for and then tell them....'so you can clean up after your dog as you didnt last time you were here'

Whinging old git

Hi all, we are not anti dog at the park bar, we use the bar most weekends.
There's a british couple we have seen in there with there dogs,who go in regular, last week one of there dogs messed in the area were the children play, no they didn't clean up the mess, even thou they saw the dog doing his business, and several other people saw it also, they just drank up quickly and left.  They should be banned from going in there, its not the dogs fault, its there responsability. 

byrney

The small park where the bar is located and the area alongside the rambla to the road bridge is indeed the venue for the annual Petanque competition as part of Zurgena Fiesta.

tandas

Dropped in today for a drink and tapas.  Bit wet from the water spray but very nice guy who was very apologetic as he didn't have the tapas we wanted but what we had was very nice.  Nice background english music too.  Will go again.  Pity there isn't a boules court there as would make great asset.

byrney

It's a Spanish Bar.  It isn't a restaurant.  It's not the Ritz, but does Tapas.  It is open air in a park. 

If you don't like dogs, kids, or flies, go somewhere else where you can whinge in peace.

:tiphat:

christine

Jinx

I would rather have dogs about than the damn flies getting on my food. Hope I don't upset any fly lovers out there.
The 5 steps after the Hurt .....
Anger,Resentment,Healing,Forgiveness,then Moving On

guitarman

byrney

Went there this morning and spent a very pleasant hour with friends conversing under the water spray system that he's installed.

As well as the good company and friendly welcome, there was neither sight nor sound of any random canines, or even unmuzzled children.  :whistle:

villegas

I don't think that I have ever visited a bar in Spain either locally or elsewhere and NOT seen a dog wandering around nearby :wave

Nuflow

When dogs come in from the street without an owner, Antonio does chase them off as he tries to keep them away from the children's play area he has set up.

temasek

Snr Telcaz
!Se lo dice en broma !
Saludos

El Perro
>:D
W.R.L.F.C.

shadowguard

Quote from: telcaz on July 04, 2015, 08:21:05 AM
I am not anti Dog, I just don´t want them around me while I am eating, in places like that then they should be on a lead and kept by their owners side.
                                                                          Terry.

Then this bar would not be good for you as it it pretty much open plan from the rambla, and often one dog or another pops by without an owner for a sniff around.

telcaz

"This is written by my dog", yes, looks like it, no offence taken.
                                                             Terry.

temasek

Suggest Telcaz goes somewhere where there are no dogs if he is so inclined towards dogs !  ;D
No 'hoffence' intended (hi Tets !).. this is written by my dog .
;D
:wave
W.R.L.F.C.

telcaz

I am not anti Dog, I just don´t want them around me while I am eating, in places like that then they should be on a lead and kept by their owners side.
                                                                          Terry.

shadowguard

we go there quite a bit now...lovely place and Antonio is very friendly and welcoming. Can be a little busy at times if you want food..we had to wait some time for a few tapas and Antonio would not let us pay for them because of the wait.

Have taken one of our dogs on a lead...wow...hope there are no anti dog people allowed in there without muzzles  :crazy:

casabonita

Was there the other evening, lovely it was.

telcaz

Nice to see this bar open again, first time in a few years, the last time I was in there it was run by "Pepe" from La Alfoquia, I must pay a visit, hope there are no bloody dogs though, WOW, that's bound to upset some of you. No apologies.
                                                                        Terry.

cgmaywood

Next to the sports hall, just beyond the Tiger Bar going out of Zurgena on the road to Arboleas.

He is very accommodating and yes there was somebody there today with two very well behaved doggies.  He even has a bowl of water at the end of the bar for them.

Lots of work going on today, he told us he is having a BBQ area.

Well worth a visit.

Chrissy

pandacarr

Does anyone know whether you can take a dog here or is it not suitable as in/close to the play area please?

tandas

Where is the park in Zurgena please?

Ian Young

Totally agree, this man has worked so hard over the past few weeks. Although he must have had stressful times, he has always had a warm welcome,  smile and is so polite. Agree the setting is lovely good luck to him, he deserves success

cgmaywood

Just popped into the bar in the park in Zurgena, lovely little oasis, great tapas and cooling jet sprays of water.

Chrissy