First council plenum, Works and Improvements, Rainbow Flags and the rest....

Started by Maura, June 29, 2015, 23:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1991chrismith

I do not have a problem. I have simply stated that most of your posts are negative ones or moaning about something. As to the rubbish. The towns in Spain are tidier and cleaner than most in the UK. It is rare to see rubbish lying around. Even after the market has finished you rarely see anything left behind.  Yeah there is rubbish in the rambla and that does need sorting out.

PhillipJLloyd

AlistairK, whats your probem, You only have to walk out your door to see that rubbish is not a priority to be cleared up. Its not being negative, its an observation.

1991chrismith

GRP, ignore him, 90% of his posts are negativity about Spain. He lives in Velez Rubio yet finds it necessary to post a negative comment on a topic about Albox. Why he ever moved to Spain puzzles not only me but others on the forum as well.

PhillipJLloyd

Why is that negative, just saying it as it is. Spain is not the most tidy country in the world.

grp

PJL, this may be Spain but your negativity tells me you are English!!!

Cruzcampo

Well the footbridge has been open around six weeks now.The remains of the perfectly healthy tree that was chopped down are still lying on top of a load of rubble, although one part of it has slid down into the Rambla.The weeds are like something out of Day of the triffids,so much so they are swallowing up one of the steps and the Rambla and streets are full of rubbish.A great advert for Albox.

Maura

Hi Cruzcampo... Individual councillors including myself have been complaining (quite often and at increasing volume) about issues of general cleanliness. We have a meeting tomorrow to discuss this and other matters. Will update on my blog.

Cruzcampo

Hi Maura
Thanks for that, the tree is by the footbridge.It's a shame the budget didn't run to finishing the wall off around the corner it would have looked so much better.
On the subject of street cleaning there really should be a weekend shift to keep the parks and main areas tidy.Sunday evenings there is always a lot of rubbish where the kids play in the park.

Thanks anyway

Maura

Hi Cruzcampo.... where is the tree exactly...by the footbridge?? 
Will raise the other issues. There are a lot of comments about streetcleaning etc.

Cruzcampo

Hi Maura
Good to see the new footbridge open.Do you think they could send someone to pick up the remains of the tree that they appear to have dug up.Is there any chance they could do some weeding along the Rambla as well? A lot of people go for a walk along the Rambla road in the evening and the weeds are forcing people to walk into oncoming traffic.They need trimming on both sides of the road.right up to the towncentre.
I see the Rambla area in the town centre is filling up with rubbish again since the employment scheme finished.