awaywiththefairies

Started by PAULT, June 26, 2015, 10:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

Sorry John but I think we run the forum professionally. I think that I am allowed to have my own views even as forum owner. If those views are not the same as others does that mean that I am not allowed an opinion?

As Webe said I created the downstairs section so that anything that might be seen as ´controversial´could be discussed down there and the members had a warning about it. The threads that have come under accusation of being for the select few have in actual fact had nearly 30 members contribute to them. So that as far as I am concerned says it all. That members ARE discussing things openly and it is NOT just the select few.

You go to any forum that has thousands of members and you will see that there is a core of members that contribute to it. The rest read it and occasionally add something. That even applies and perhaps more so on smaller forums where debate is less lively and therefore boring. 

webejamin

No problem JJ :handshake But Phil did create the "bar downstairs" exactly for the reasons you state. It's like a woman going into the gents changing room and complaining of men exposing themselves :or vice versa even ;D AWTF knew there could be some sort of thing to complain about after being on here so long. I think most of us are reasonably well behaved when in the General Chatter section, but can be naughty downstairs sometimes :o So, if AWTF had a gripe over something, it should have been made in the section it was seen.
Anyway JJ, why don't you pop down for a virtual pint ;D oops nearly said virtuous :o won't get that down there ;D :tiphat: 

JohnJones

Not aimed at you Webe, I generally enjoy your posts and outlook on life.

The problem is Phil when Away expressed a different view one of upset at the language used, and he or she is then clearly attacked for not having a consensus view, it is your role as moderator to ensure reasonable views expressed legally and not bringing the for the Forum into disrepute, is to ensure the tint to expression here is maintained.
As someone else stated as moderator you cannot take sides, but you have done.
It is therefore not a Forum, but. Platform for limited views by half a dozen people or so.

No one wants to be attacked for expressing a reasonable view.

If you managed the forum professionally you would have a genuine forum of diverse and interesting views instead of the limited topics and views etc. No doubt numbers visiting outstrip the numbers joining any decent conversation....again which is why I won't advertise on the Forum.

webejamin

Such fun on a keyboard :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

webejamin

:o Oh I forgot the 3 :o
3¾ ;D  ;D It's the Num Lock that does the fraction sign. Thanks again GEman :tiphat:

GEman

GEman

Type 3 then hold ALT and type 0190

webejamin

¾ ¾ ¾ ;D ;D ;D :rofl: :rofl:

webejamin

½ ½ ½  ;D ½ ½ ½  ;D Thanks GEman But it didn't work at first, then the Mrs said "press numbers lock, then ALT 0189" see I aint fick ;D

"Finks" now what about free and free quarters :whistle: :handshake 

GEman

webejamin

Quote from: macc on June 29, 2015, 19:33:29 PM
Well done Webe, that takes balls admitting you is thick, :clap:. but don,t worry, and don,t feel bad, i always knew, so i wont have that field day. Now if only the other 6 would do the same :whistle:. Remember now, it,s just friendly banter, so don,t give me any of that, you have an agenda stuff :lol: :lol: 
;D I'm virtually speechless macc, good job I got sum clever friends innit ;D now come on, how do you do a half on the keyboard? ??? 

zilnor

Webe , like you , being a bit older than 21, I get somewhat confused with pounds, ounces and kilos.  :crazy: who really cares ?  And no matter what Macc says, you are not thick  :D. At least no thicker than me  ;D. Who gives a s--t ?

Digressing a bit, my man is drooling over Joanna Lumley advertising her new TV programme. He reckons she is top totty for the older man !  :lol:  My son, aged forty, reckons he would enjoy a drink or two with her.  Girl power,get in ladies  :lol:

gus-lopez

Quote from: macc on June 29, 2015, 19:33:29 PM
Well done Webe, that takes balls admitting you is thick, :clap:. but don,t worry, and don,t feel bad, i always knew, so i wont have that field day. Now if only the other 6 would do the same :whistle:. Remember now, it,s just friendly banter, so don,t give me any of that, you have an agenda stuff :lol: :lol:  

I would if I was but I'm not compared to you so don't need to . :tiphat:

byrney

Oh, you are such a wag macc. I'd stick to cartoons though if I were you!   :tiphat:

macc

byrney

21 Webe? Clearly not done a metric conversikn on that one!  ;D

webejamin

All credit where it's due Liz :wave
I was 12st 7lb at age 17 and now 13st 7lb at age 21 ;D    :o just realised, I can't remember how many lb and oz in a stones or even how to write em :o and how do ya do a half on the keyboard? ??? OMG I'm fick :o Old macc's gonna have a field day :'(

zilnor

Webe,   Well said about the lovely Tetley.    :clap: :clap:

zilnor

Well done Lynne. 11 kgs.  :clap:
I have lost 6.5 ks but seem to have got stuck ! Can't starve myself and I eat loads of salads, and very little bread, potatoes, pastas, and puddings. Ah well. Even if I don't lose any more weight, as long as I don't put it back on I will be content.  :lol:

webejamin

14000 posts Tetley and never one of em in a nasty, irritating, pedantic manner, always respectful and mostly humorous, not like some on here. Well done Tetley :clap: ;D

Lynne

Quote from: Tetley on June 29, 2015, 17:49:52 PM
im now posting suger free,tea tasts like shxt but ive lost 11kg ..........

Same as me - 11kg!  When I was diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago, it took me two and a half years to actually enjoy drinking tea again.  It was worth the effort but it seemed like forever.  Keep up the good work, it'll be worth it in the end.   :clap:
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Tetley

Macc
thats a very life threatening point you make :o.... il expand

i work abought 12 hours a day prattling around,i post on here, at tea time.... as in Aldie president tea bags ( 1.99 for 160  :o )

But

the life threatening bit is................... :alien:

if i have 7000 posts,yer can probably double that..... with another 7000 on the old forum befor i was hex cumunicated  :handshake

so we can transduce from this.... that i have drunk 14000 cups of tea with 1 suger  8) at 4 grams per tea spoon   :o

so over 14000 posts thats thats around 56kg of suger ,infact im a walking bleedin sweet shop.........

the good news is

im now posting suger free,tea tasts like shxt but ive lost 11kg ..........

so all well that ends well   8)

anyway must dash,im making a coal bunker out of a Leeds city council wheeli bin....... ;D

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

zilnor

Tetley don't let the   b-----s grind you down  :D. Continue to mow the  lawn, and keep posting.
Lovely warm day here in  Burton Trent, 24 degrees .  ++=
Me and my old boy have had to rub in sun protection cream. He keeps saying " lower, lower "  Sorry mods, all meant in good fun  :lol:

macc

Tetley, not trying to knock you or anything, but how can you say, i dont get it. Now this is just another observation from me,  when you say people are being overtaken by electronic shxt and keyboard rattling, you do realise that you have nearly 7000 posts in just over 4 years. That,s more than 4 posts a day, 7 days a week for over 4 years. My keyboard would be rattling with that much use as well, and by the way, how did the grass turn out  :whistle:   ;D You do know you are only allowed 3 plants in that shed. :lol: :lol:

Tetley

I must admitt...... reading all this..........i dont get it..........people are been over taken by electronic Shxt,do yer sens a favour,its a nice day both uk & spain.......put the laptop lid down for a day and spend some time in the real world,yell probably all enjoy it a lot more than electronic key board rattling. O0

right

im off ti cut mi grass... ;D
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

felipe

At with whom? The forum IS open to all to have an opinion. Yet you and one or two others believe that the so-called 7 are not allowed an opinion.

If you look at this thread carefully you will see that 26 DIFFERENT members have made a comment. So that throws your argument out the window. And 16 currently on the terrorist attack thread and 36 on the quotes thread including a number of new members. I could go on.....

macc

:romance:He obviously feels in his mind that he is at war. :lol: :lol: It should be just a forum open to all opinions and ideas outside the chosen 7. Criticism of the 7 and the forum is prohibitid. 808  :wave :wave, the wave makes it all ok.

felipe

I assume you never saw the smiley faces, tongue in cheek comment. :)

verwood

keep digging the hole sunshine   :yawn:

hartcjhart

Quote from: verwood on June 29, 2015, 09:33:56 AM
Does a "cyber attack" kill and maim people? what a ridiculous comment.
is it really?? cyber attacks/bullying HAS killed people,AND the internet has encouraged people to commit terrorist offences

verwood

Does a "cyber attack" kill and maim people? what a ridiculous comment.

hartcjhart

Quote from: verwood on June 29, 2015, 09:10:07 AM
fellipe that is absolutely outrageous to compare the goings on with the forum to the evil deeds perpetrated by IS.
I dont know. one is a 'cyber attack' one is a real attack, both by faceless people

PhillipJLloyd

Quote from: verwood on June 29, 2015, 09:10:07 AM
fellipe that is absolutely outrageous to compare the goings on with the forum to the evil deeds perpetrated by IS.

I must agree, Felipe you didn't think that one through !!!

webejamin

verwood