Ciudadanos Zurgena Manifesto

Started by Ciudadanos Zurgena, May 21, 2015, 09:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

david john

Quote from: byrney on May 21, 2015, 21:54:37 PM

Whilst I could take issue with many of your colleagues' character assassinations of the current Council, I would take issue with your continued allegations that Town Hall money is being specifically spent and earmarked to "keep Candido out of prison".
Every Council, at any given time, is involved in Litigation against decisions taken.  These can be be against decisions made by Councillors or Officers on behalf of "the Council".  The cost of this Litigation comes from the public pocket in precisely the same way that Zurgena has been defending decisions made in the past concerning the issue of Building Licences etc.

The outcome of such Litigation may well result in individuals being charged with some sort of wrong-doing, but they were doing it in the name of the Council, and that is why the Council rightly pays for the relevant costs.

I find your personal attacks to be quite distasteful, and, if that is the way you intend to serve the Community, I, for one, hope to God you get nowhere near the keys to the Town Hall.
Any would be Councilor who openly promises to stop this lawful protection would have to be an angel or a very rich person
not to protect themselves whilst working for the benefit of the community. 
D.J.
I'm never having kids, I hear they take 9 months to download...

Tetley

Ours is band B  i think its abough 109 a month,mi Mams pensioner flat is Band A it was around 68 a month with the 25%discount,the only thing with UK  council tax is yer just pay it monthly and bear it,the up side is,some TIT  isnt going to knock yer F&&&ng house down ,so yer can have a bit of a chill axe and if yer aint got the coin to pay yer council tax,yer can get a bit of help of the govi.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Lorraine

And the rest Tetley. We were paying just uner 2,000 a year when we left 8 years ago. Can't afford to go back even if I wanted to! lol

Tetley

Quote from: Fishnthenet on May 22, 2015, 17:04:21 PM

Valid point there Tetley, but at least in Arboleas they are paying urban rates on urban land, here in Zurgena you pay urban rates for the land even though it is rustic.

Its probably just the Catastrophy office  forum readers  :o trying to make the Brits feel more at home.............ie after paying uk council tax at 120 quid a month  ;)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Fishnthenet

Valid point there Tetley, but at least in Arboleas they are paying urban rates on urban land, here in Zurgena you pay urban rates for the land even though it is rustic.

Tetley

Your point 2 is a good point,its also worth mentioning that Single pensioner Brits arnt exactly minted up either on a sole british state pension and as you point out any reduction cannot be discrimenary ie it has to be done across the board.

IBI  rates have been a big issue in Arboleas and if anything genarates PP Arboleas votes on Sunday,its going to be disgruntled IBI  folks .

:tiphat:

byrney

Thank you for your response - finally - and I will be casting my vote on Sunday accordingly.

Not so difficult was it really?

clearpockets

We do know the answers but you obviously don't believe us because you keep asking the very same questions over and over. OK, I'll answer the two points you make, then that will be an end to our conversations.

1) Of course we would not submit the PGOU unaltered that would be rather silly as it had already proved unacceptable to the Diputacion in Almeria. We would make some alterations to it to finally make it acceptable. That way there will be a basis for further expansion of the urban areas. This has been very simply put but actually making the changes will be a complex task given over to the members with the most experience and willingness to compromise. This would obviously not include the current councillors who have failed to make the necessary changes despite having around 8 years to do it. This process need not take years as has been stated by members of the PSOE.

2) It may seem to us Brits that the IBI tax is low because we are used to paying considerably more. To the poorer Spanish residents however, this will not be the case and some find it very difficult to find the money to pay it. It is for these folk that IBI would be reduced, but of course, it would include us as well. Any reduction would probably quite modest but in this time of austerity, it would help them no end. There are grants and subsidies available for councils for various purposes which could indirectly help to fund this.

byrney

"We do" what?  And again I have NEVER said that I do not believe you.

However, I am beginning to get a feel for where your lot seem to be coming from - making up things that people have said!

Still no reply to the two questions then? 

clearpockets

We do but you don't believe us  which is why I suggested you ask someone completely independent.

byrney

With the greatest respect (?), here we do NOT go again.

I asked Ciudadanos two specific, reasonable, and I would have thought two very simple questions in response to their "Manifesto/Wish List".

I await a response.

Why on earth would I want to contact AUAN?  Don't you know the answers to the questions?

clearpockets

Here we go again!
The PGOU is not in it's final stages and you may want to ask members of the AUAN for some help here, they will almost certainly be able to tell you.

byrney

An impressive list indeed for a new Party who it will take at least two years to get to understand the workings of a Spanish Town Council.

Just two specific questions please (one of which I've asked elsewhere, but the spokesperson for the Party couldn't answer, and one general observation.

1. Approval of the PGOU is top priority of most people of Zurgena.  Agree, or not, the PGOU is in it's final stages.

If Cuidadanoszurgena are elected, will they pursue the submitted PGOU un-amended (except to accommodate comments of the Junta), or will they start to make additional adjustments, thereby further jeopardising progress?

2. With such an ambitious Manifesto, I am intrigued as to how it is even possible to contemplate a reduction in the already ridiculously low IBI bills, and hence the income of the Council?

Whilst I could take issue with many of your colleagues' character assassinations of the current Council, I would take issue with your continued allegations that Town Hall money is being specifically spent and earmarked to "keep Candido out of prison".

I think you may be unaware of the workings of Councils throughout the UK, and I have no reason to suspect the Spain is any different in this respect.

Every Council, at any given time, is involved in Litigation against decisions taken.  These can be be against decisions made by Councillors or Officers on behalf of "the Council".  The cost of this Litigation comes from the public pocket in precisely the same way that Zurgena has been defending decisions made in the past concerning the issue of Building Licences etc.

The outcome of such Litigation may well result in individuals being charged with some sort of wrong-doing, but they were doing it in the name of the Council, and that is why the Council rightly pays for the relevant costs.

I find your personal attacks to be quite distasteful, and, if that is the way you intend to serve the Community, I, for one, hope to God you get nowhere near the keys to the Town Hall.

Ciudadanos Zurgena

Please find below, the manifesto of the Ciudadanos party in Zurgena. While the details below are high level summaries, for a more detailed breakdown of all these policies and an information pack giving details about Ciudadanos, who we are and what we stand for, please send an email requesting information to ciudadanoszurgena@gmail.com

The Ciudadanos Party believes and stands for openness and honesty and while other parties out canvassing are telling you the PGOU is nearly approved, we have included in this information pack, the 12 page report published on April 14th by the Medio Ambiente de Almeria ( similar to the dept of Environment in the UK), listing all the issues that have to be addressed by the incoming administration. The other Junta departments of transport, health, education etc have still to return their lists of issues or concerns. Contrary to popular rumours, a new incoming party in the Town Hall does not have to "start again" with a new PGOU document, they would simply pick up where the old administration finished.

Over the last 2 weeks, Ciudadanos candidates have tried to call on every single English speaking property and have received tremendous support with virtually everyone we have spoken with being totally fed up with false promises and being kept in the dark as to what is going on and asking for a change in the town hall. Our Spanish candidates have received the reception and feedback.

Your vote is very important and if you are fed up with the current state of the town and want change, please vote for Ciudadanos on May 24th.

Building and related projects
Approval of the Zurgena P.G.O.U.   
Start Industrial Park Project.
Town Hall support for the regularisation of certain houses. 
Obtain permission to build council houses.

Educational and healthcare services and centres
Improve schools and creches.
Improve health centers.
Request a pharmacy in La Alfoquía.

Work and Improvements in the municipality
Maintenance of rural roads.

Improve Services. (Lighting, pavements, gardens, asphalt roads, road signs etc)   

Improve all Town Hall signage within the Municipality

Build new parks in the various districts of Zurgena. 
Open the Renfe park.
Improve Ginés Parra Park.
Finalize and improve sports and recreational facilities

Residence and Day Centre for the Elderly.

Finalize the ViaVerde.

Improve the Mirador Clock Tower in Zurgena

Other projects
Museum and House of Culture and a Youth Hostel.
Employment Workshop and Project Centre Interpretation and implementation of Renewable Energy.

Promote cultural, sporting and Third Age activities.

Promote Agriculture, Livestock and Food Industry.

Promote Residential Tourism and a caravan parking project.

Promote Entrepreneurship and Employment.

Reduce Property Tax. (IBI)   

Audit of the Town hall.   

Improved access and Information to Town Hall data.   

Overcome issues to open the tanatorio.

Open the Town Hall Gymnasium.