Sky 1, living & Atlantic problems.

Started by swithin, May 02, 2015, 08:07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swithin

Thank you olive25, that is what I meant.

olive25

The correct frequency for sky is 11778 V but that is the EPG not sure thats what you are asking if its sky atlantic is 11914 H & 12148 H

sky 1 is 12110 H

swithin

Can anyone tell me What is the correct frequency for sky? Please

Karen4

Quote from: sat on May 02, 2015, 13:06:21 PM
Quote from: Karen4 on May 02, 2015, 10:15:56 AM
we have a regular dish.
Without the actual size, that could be anything...1m, 1.25m, 1.4m, 1.8m, 2.4m...?

Many sky channels did have a small change of frequencies in the last few weeks.
Sky boxes would have automatically updated to them so that is not the issue.

However, over the last week or so, what has changed, is a bit technical, but essentially they have changed part of the frequency which allows them to fit more channels on frequencies....but this comes at the cost of a small drop in the signal strength, noticeable especially on "fringe" reception areas like south Spain.
So as a result of these changes, it may be that your dish is just not large enough any more, or simply needs a small realignment to get a more stable signal

??? Okay, I'm not sure anyone here would think of a 2.4m dish as a "regular" one, but maybe it is nowadays. Mine is about 1.3m or thereabouts, similar in size to most of those you can see attached to walls here. I will make a note to try to be a lot more specific in answering next time. I was just trying to say that we've not noticed any changes, and we haven't changed our "sort of regular roughly 1.3m dish" for a bigger one. Sometimes, if someone is having a problem with reception, it helps to know if other people are or aren't experiencing the same thing, so they know if the problem is widespread or just them.
Cl3880

swithin

It's a 1.2 channel master, not had any problems until few days ago.

sat

Quote from: Karen4 on May 02, 2015, 10:15:56 AM
we have a regular dish.
Without the actual size, that could be anything...1m, 1.25m, 1.4m, 1.8m, 2.4m...?

Many sky channels did have a small change of frequencies in the last few weeks.
Sky boxes would have automatically updated to them so that is not the issue.

However, over the last week or so, what has changed, is a bit technical, but essentially they have changed part of the frequency which allows them to fit more channels on frequencies....but this comes at the cost of a small drop in the signal strength, noticeable especially on "fringe" reception areas like south Spain.
So as a result of these changes, it may be that your dish is just not large enough any more, or simply needs a small realignment to get a more stable signal

Karen4

We don't have any problems with these channels today, we have a regular dish and a regular Sky box.
Cl3880

olive25

swithin

olive25

Hi your box if its a generic one (not sky) should just require a retune there has been some frequency changes nothing more.

swithin

Seems we are having problems with signal is anyone else having problems with these channels?