printer help needed

Started by johnhc, March 01, 2015, 11:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADVANCE Digital

hi John

Make sure when using the Kodak installer you enter the correct model number if requested to do so, don't have the printer connected until the software tells you. Ensure you do a full uninstall of the printer drivers first. Follow Kodak's install instructions.

the support link is below if you need it:

http://support.en.kodak.co.uk/app/home/selected/true

If repeating the process still doesn't work, the system restore performed may be affecting the install of the printer and needs investigating further.

Simon

johnhc

Simon , haven't got original disc. Was getting lots of annoying pop ups so did a restore on the computer,  which means having to re-install printers, etc. Downloaded drivers from Kodak and all went well, except computer recognising it as a scanner and therefore has put it into devices.
Geoff - running on windows 7 HP. Right clicking on it doesn't give you the option to select it as the default printer.

ADVANCE Digital

Hi John

Did you use the installation disk or just connect the printer? If the latter use the disk that came with the printer. Uninstall the printer first and disconnect it until the software tells you to reconnect.

Simon

johnhc

Have just installed Kodak all in one printer/scanner/copier onto my Lenovo computer.
Problem is computer has put it into devices, not printers, so I can't select it as my default printer.
Any help on how I move it into printers appreciated.