IBI DOUBLE PAYMENTS

Started by Roger, January 21, 2015, 10:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

The only solution is to come in and see the tax office (Josedavid) who can check on th exact situation.
If we have a record that you have paid the Town hall twice you can claim a refund.
If your bank has deducted the payments twice, leaving you with an unpaid bill, we can give you the bill to pay.

The problem is still with CajaGranada and they will not deal direct with the Town Hall because we are not their client.

grp

Why don't you go into the Town Hall and sit down with him and get it sorted out. Being rude about him on the forum is not the best way to handle this.

robber

I have written e-mails to Roger Done 2 or 3 times to know if the IBI is paid or not but he doesn't answer. Rather rude I think.

Maybe he's to busy with his reelection...although - on second thought- he reacts swiftly to the forum...

Am I the only one?

PhillipJLloyd

Quote from: skid112 on March 27, 2015, 08:54:10 AM
Quote from: PhillipJLloyd on March 27, 2015, 07:41:43 AM
When the Town hall saw the bank had made an error and paid them twice, why refund it back to the bank, with the chance of more errors. The Town Hall should have gave it back to the person whose money it is.
Someone is out of pocket while the bank and Town Hall plays about with their money !!

you quite clealy have no concept of what happens and why it happens. The town hall is legally obliged to return the money to they paying bank who should return the money to their customer, if this hasnt happened its the bank at fault and it should be taken up with them.

Skid112. With respect, I don't know your past experience with banking, and you do not know mine.
The point I'm trying to make is, the Bank was collecting on the Town Halls behalf and made a mistake. Obviously in an ideal world the Town hall would like to collect all its money by D/D, but this only puts people off. As I,ve said the only person this really affects is the person whose paid twice, and wasn't there mistake, but have now got to sort it out.

skid112

Quote from: PhillipJLloyd on March 27, 2015, 07:41:43 AM
When the Town hall saw the bank had made an error and paid them twice, why refund it back to the bank, with the chance of more errors. The Town Hall should have gave it back to the person whose money it is.
Someone is out of pocket while the bank and Town Hall plays about with their money !!

you quite clealy have no concept of what happens and why it happens. The town hall is legally obliged to return the money to they paying bank who should return the money to their customer, if this hasnt happened its the bank at fault and it should be taken up with them.

felipe

The Town Hall does not have the responsibility to act in the way you are suggesting. It is a bank transaction and needs to be sorted that way and not direct to the consumer. Otherwise all sorts of other errors could occur. 

PhillipJLloyd

byrney

Yes Skid, it continues to beggar belief to what lengths some people will find for ways of not paying their dues.  And here's me thinking it was just rich toff bankers who were guilty of that.

skid112

Quote from: PhillipJLloyd on March 25, 2015, 12:11:40 PM
Well perhaps it is, but if it was me that had paid twice to the Town Hall, I would be knocking on their door until refunded!

And they would wait as long as possible for next years payment,.

so the town hall stated they refunded the money back to the bank and its their fault still? and then we all withhold money from the town hall because your bank made an error
amazing, la la land is alive

PhillipJLloyd

Well perhaps it is, but if it was me that had paid twice to the Town Hall, I would be knocking on their door until refunded!

And they would wait as long as possible for next years payment,.

skid112

its actually your banks responsibilty under the payments services act (a European wide law introduced by the EU) they have made an incorrect payment and they should be the ones fixing the issue

PhillipJLloyd

The Town Hall should sort it out, that's who the D/D is set up with.

pd91223

The original fault was the Town Hall's with some/all of the DDs. They asked CajaMar to refund the monies. CajaMar supposedly did so. The Town Hall then re-issued the DDs. The Town Hall say they only ever received one payment.  I've been told that most banks received the money back and refunded to clients. Only BMN/CajaGranada caused problems apparently.

Someone has stolen my money, but how does one prove who has it?!?! My account clearly shows I don't! 

PhillipJLloyd

Surely it is up to the Town Hall to refund you, or at least sort it out, if you are having problems. The bank was collecting it for the Town Hall after all.

pd91223

It is 3 months since our duplicate payment was "stolen". BMN are now saying it could be anything up to another 40 days before they will respond to us! They will still not accept that it is there responsibility to refund the money!!!

My advice ...... cancel your IBI DDs!

Norm2

Hi - yes I understand your frustration but having received a refund from your bank and a refund/credit from the T/H - it just appears to me that your bank needs a fresh instruction from you to pay this Bill. Maybe just take the cash into the town hall.

robber

Norm2:
Please read my message of  February 28, 2015, 14:26:08 PM

Norm2

It seems to me that your Bank will only take instructions from you - they won't talk to the staff at the T/H - so maybe it needs a call or visit from you into your bank to resolve this issue.

robber

"Roger" wrote on Feb 28:

"......What has happend now I do not know.
I have asked our tax office to check unpaid IBI bills."

Since then no news. Is there anybody holding the answers?

It is unbelievable that we nearly have to beg to pay our taxes!

Roger

BMN are a total disaster.
When the double payments were taken and sent to CajaMar one of the payments was imemdiately returned to BMN.
So CajaMar and the TH only ever received one payment.
The second payment went to BMN head office account but was not returned to the clients account.
When the TH asked BMN to sort it out they refused to speak to us.
They only credited the money from their head office account to the client account when asked to do so by each client.

What has happend now I do not know.
I have asked our tax office to check unpaid IBI bills.

sandra

We are in the same situation as Robber. Our bank, BMN, re-credited our account when we went in with the paperwork. A week later we got another refund, so we still owe our IBI!!  :head

robber

We also went into our Bank and also got an immediate refund, but a few days after that our account was credited again for the same amount, so basically the IBI 2014 could be unpaid, unless...

I asked (Feb 8th)the TH wether the IBI 2014 is now paid or not...Still no answer.

Frustrating thing, knowing that the town needs all the money it can get...

mickmatthews

Unfortunately no good waiting for the town hall to organize a refund, even though they have your monies. We went into our Bank and got an immediate refund, might be a good idea to take a statement to show them as proof. Bit of a pain I know as it isn't your fault, Cajamar started all this. Also our proper branch is some distance away, so cost us in fuel and time.

Norm2

When did you last go into your bank to complain and what excuse did they give? Did you fill in their complaints book? Must be very annoying that you cannot get your bank to correct their mistake. Keep on at them and good luck.

pd91223

5 weeks since duplicate payment was taken from my account and still no sign of money being returned!!

Karen4

...and fill in the complaints book.
Cl3880

Tetley

Correct bryns,if the barmy bxggers arnt dib in yer for share holder schemes,the at yer for charges.... and or knackering yer direct debits,i gave in here with the banking system,when i got the phone cut off,with 1500 e in the a  count because some nitt had stopped the dd in the bank.

O0
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

Although this appears to have been a specific problem with Arboleas bills (note - NOT the Council), it does underline the reason why many of us are reluctant to hand over our bank accounts to the Authorities.

robber

Thank you Mr Done for the information. We'll contact immediately the Albox branch of Cajagranada. What a bank!

Roger

I will be checking on their response tomorrow.

mickmatthews

What about the Garrucha branch ?

Roger

The BMN branch in Albox is now saying that they will only return the money folowing a direct request from their clients.
They will not accept instructions from the Town Hall or from CajaMar.
This is the opposite from the attitude of other BMN branches.

Roger

IBI double payments

Each affected branch of BMN has been sent a written instruction to repay the double payments.
Some branches did so immediately.
The two branches, as of closing yesterday, which had not yet done so are Albox and Garrucha.

For some reason we do not understand they would not deal with the return of double payments centrally, only branch by branch (unlike all other banks!).

We will continue to press these 2 branches of BMN to carry out these instructions.