Telly breaking up

Started by Nippy, January 16, 2015, 19:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockymo

Nipper not a silly but I get perfect Telly on all channel I watch BUT If the weather is bad it does affect the signal
So was it raining when you had your problems if not must agree that dish needs setting up again

inbetweeners

Hi, you must have a very long pool to swim 3 miles lol.
Yes, we watch tv, but NOT soaps. We had the spanish TV put in, well worth viewing, so no satalite problems simples........

Nippy

Why is it that you can't put a post on here without bringing all the idiots out.
For their information I don't watch soaps, haven't for years and as I swin about 3 miles a week plus walk I don't think you could call me a couch potoato.

Cuddlybill

Thanks forum people, I had not put my Sat TV back on since last October, fantastic to get the channels on the smaller dish.......still have an android box for other viewing.

cheers,

CB............... :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

Optomist

Quote from: crawdaddy on January 18, 2015, 10:33:25 AM

I also like reading,conversation,music, hobbies etc. and the TV is just one tool in the box to keep us happy.     :D

I think that sums it up perfectly .  :clap:
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

crawdaddy

Each to their own inbetweeners.

I love a bit of TV, especially on these cold winter evenings.

I also like reading,conversation,music, hobbies etc. and the TV is just one tool in the box to keep us happy.     :D

Tetley

Quote from: inbetweeners on January 18, 2015, 10:11:23 AM
Hi, I think its Gods way of telling you all to get a life and turn off those depressing soaps, just a thought, we stopped watching them all about 15 years ago, better conversation in the house .

:rofl:

yer if yer all wanna pop round il gi yers ago on mi 1952 villiers dyno start bike instead of sat veggi out on telly & tinterwebb all day  ;D

morning folks   :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

inbetweeners

Hi, I think its Gods way of telling you all to get a life and turn off those depressing soaps, just a thought, we stopped watching them all about 15 years ago, better conversation in the house .

1991chrismith

Have to agree Nippy. Colin, Olive25 and Martin have always provided excellent info for us over the years without the need to self promote as other more recent providers have been doing.

Nippy

Thanks Colin for your worthwhile advice. Will bear it in mind if it happens again.

coolsolutions

Hi Nippy

If it happens again,it is worth checking the aluminum feedhorn of the lnb for spiders . The end should have a clear plastic cap on it ,to prevent insects entering.  I have visited installations in the past where this cap is missing  and channel breakup is a spider making his home up inside.

Regards

Colin

CoolSolutions,Colin Baldwin

Nippy

Don't know what the problem was but its ok now, fingers crossed.
Thanks for all the helpful comments.

felipe

Mind you, even though we get them at the moment we still do not watch much on the channels in the evenings. Prefer to download the programs in HD, pop them onto the portable hard drive and plug that into the TV and watch them when we like and without adverts too!! Watched Foyle's War last night advert free. Luvverly Juberlee.

crawdaddy

All this talk about after December 21st won't get hardly anything on a 1.3 dish, and if anything, I am getting better reception on BBC,ITV,CH4,Ch5 and the +1 channels.

Most of the day and evening ITV, and BBC can be there most evenings  here in Los Hig.   I'm happy.      :drinks:

alansue

Just had a look after felipe mentioned and  we are getting BBC channels, ITV channels and Channel 4 OK this morning on a 1.3 dish. Slight pixalating on BBC 1 & ITV 1 but OK. Will have another look later

Optomist

Quote from: felipe on January 16, 2015, 22:11:40 PM
Still getting BBC and ITV on a 1.3 dish.

Us also including the all the 4s and 5s all perfect and without pixalating , strangely the internet TV was always brilliant until the 1.2 dish started to pick up the signals again but is a waste of time now once the soaps come on , wondering if all the new instillation with 20+mb are having same problem or if its the BBC and ITV players struggling .
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

Rod

Definitely get your installer back, wind may have moved it.

Nippy

Thanks for all the comments. Our dish is a decent one that we had stalled in September and up till now has been working fine.

1991chrismith

Nippy, debsinspain, who installed your dish? Maybe you should get them back out again.

felipe

Still getting BBC and ITV on a 1.3 dish.

Malcolm

No problem, HD perfect. Have you got a Mickey Mouse dish or a decent one?

ray

No problems, signal strength pretty good.

Nippy

Sat dish has been fine till tonight. Just thought that it may be the satalite.

debbiespain

I found my new sat a waste of money!
The android box is so much better

Nippy

Are they messing about with the satalite. We have the 1.9 dish but BBC 1 keeps breaking up.