Andrew

Started by LisaD, January 10, 2015, 16:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

I see it's all coming out now :o goodness me how terrible that poor young, under aged girl looks. :o after getting a right royal seeing to, poor thing  :'(

John n Julie

The only one with any cojones is the true heir to the throne!!!!
King Anne beats the old plant talking wing nut and the worse than useless I want to be a Royal marine! Edward but only if I dont have to do the physical side of things! Then there is his royal arrogance Andrew so obnoxious when in the navy the maintenance crews on the choppers hated him. Lets promote the new Royals the old crew are now stale. And I like the monarchy.
Regards
John :tiphat: :tiphat:
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

Tetley

The problem is.... for the Royals.... is the internett ,very little now can be hidden,lets be Honest the oni ones worth any for of respect are the queen,Harry & Wills,because the two lads have done very well getting over the death of there Mam and moving it on.

and when the queen does pass.... what are we getting... for a king..... :whistle:

right

time ti put the Wall on   O0
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

macc

Firstly, it would be highly unusual for any immediate member of the Royal family to be placed in any kind of danger, let alone see front-line action. No British monarch has actually led the troops into battle since George II in 1743. Sandy Woodward, commander of the British naval task force in the Falklands at the time gives a little hint as to Andys flying missions, and i am sure every other pilot got the same care :whistle:  To have a Royal anywhere near the front line is a bloody nuisance for the rest of the front line.

You have to take extra precautions that he doesn't get shot down, that his plane doesn't  fail. You maintain it three times as carefully.

If you have a Royal on board your ship it is the end of your career if he gets so much as a scratch. It's never said, but it goes without saying. So you protect the Royal Family from their own wish to serve. They are a liability on the front line.
It does appear from photos and some video that he was actually there though. The sea king he flew was used for troop movements, search and rescue, and submarine detection, all seaward. And some people believe he flew to act as a decoy for incoming Exocet missiles close behind the invincible, what do you think, was he treated the same as every other pilot, and how would the other pawns have felt about his Cacoon,

CT

He could make a start by doing voluntary work for military charities but there wouldn't be any freebies in that.

Tetley

Quote from: byrney on January 11, 2015, 09:56:38 AM
You either like and support the Royal Family or you don't.  A bit like Marmite really.  For one, I do.

or you dont like having a royal family...... and still have to support them...... if your earning.... O0

;)

as for the Falklands he did his duty,like all over service personel did whom take the Queens shilling,however most wont be living in the luxery he does,in fact i dare say some are sat in the UK  this morning with the berry on, and 2 jumpers on,looking at there service madals on the wall with the gas turned down,because the pension wont cover the cost of a 22 deg winter home.
;) x2

Morning folks  :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

byrney

You either like and support the Royal Family or you don't.  A bit like Marmite really.  For one, I do.

webejamin

Quote from: steve.p on January 10, 2015, 21:45:34 PM
Hmmm. Whilst snuggled up with your teddies and duvet, wasn't Andrew flying helicopters under enemy fire in the Falklands, or is this you feel the need to conveniently not remember.. Oh to be a hero eh!!!! :lol:
But so were thousands of other brave service personnel, but I bet they ain't had millions of public money lavished on em, even if they came back terribly injured :tiphat:

CT

I stand corrected - Andrew ''is to represent the Queen at the World Economic Forum in Davos on January 21'' according to the Sunday Express. Sounds like the freebie to end all freebies (the Queen never attends the Forum !) although I doubt they play golf in Davos at this time of year.Oh and it looks like his daughter Beatrice (currently on holiday on St Barts in the Caribbean) will be getting married this year so you can bet the taxpayer will be funding that :tiphat:

steve.p

I am in no way condoning his swanning about. Just putting another side to the guy.  :redcard: :drinks:

sapper

I'm amazed the royals usually keep it in the family, aren't they all related to each other ?

CT

But what exactly does he DO ? He lost his job as some sort of trade ambassador because most of his jaunts coincided with golf tournaments, the government took away the bodyguards from his two daughters because no-one would recognise them in the street in any case and told him to pay for the guards himself if he wanted them, where does his money come from ?

byrney

Ooops, my apologies.  I forgot that this post was in the "upper house" section of the Forum with no room for light-heartedness in a very serious situation.

I totally agree with you Steve about Andrew and have fully supported him in this outrageous character assassination of him - unlike other Forumers who like to have a pop at Royalty at every opportunity!

steve.p

Hmmm. Whilst snuggled up with your teddies and duvet, wasn't Andrew flying helicopters under enemy fire in the Falklands, or is this you feel the need to conveniently not remember.. Oh to be a hero eh!!!! :lol:

byrney

Looks a nice cosy place for an intimate get-together.

CT

Don't panic folks, according to The Sun it only cost him £8 million :tiphat:

doreen1

:rofl:
Naughty Gus

gus-lopez

Quote from: Tetley on January 10, 2015, 18:08:16 PM
Quote from: LisaD on January 10, 2015, 16:36:09 PM
Where is the money coming from?  Don't we have a right to know?

The ex wife's broke and in the past he's made it clear that he feels that he exists on a pittance

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/prince-andrew-buys-13-million-verbier-ski-chalet-with-former-wife-9969811.html

simple.... from the X pat winter fuel savings.............. :-X

& a bit of toe sucking. :whistle:

arty choke

Tetley

Quote from: LisaD on January 10, 2015, 16:36:09 PM

The ex wife's broke and in the past he's made it clear that he feels that he exists on a pittance

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/prince-andrew-buys-13-million-verbier-ski-chalet-with-former-wife-9969811.html

simple.... from the X pat winter fuel savings.............. :-X

doreen1

Gold medal Liz, you got it in one.  :clap:

zilnor

Was it Stuart Hall ? Or am I confused ?  :whistle:

webejamin

Quote from: lesinalbox on January 10, 2015, 17:07:54 PM
Don't forget there is third son he's worse than bloody useless. I remember its a Royal knock out :king3:
now, who was it that used to run that show so many years ago, it's gone right out of my mind ???

zilnor

Quite right Lesinalbox. I am not too keen on Pr Edward either  :lol:

zilnor

Nice one King Saint  :lol:   :clap:

lesinalbox

Don't forget there is third son he's worse than bloody useless. I remember its a Royal knock out :king3:

King saint 76

Maybe he has a multi billionaire friend who owes him a favour...

zilnor

Yes I agree. In general I accept the Royals if only for the tourist revenue they bring into the country and the job creation that goes with their palaces etc etc.  I have respect for the Queen as she has not put a foot wrong in sixty or more years. But Andrew seems to be the most useless of her children. Fancy having to put up with a son like him ! I think both PA and Fergie  have been involved in shady dealings to put it mildly. What gets me is that he pays around 250 sterling a week for his grace and favour home. If the property had nothing to do with royalty and was rented out privately, the cost would be one hell of a lot more than that !
PAs idea of living on a pittance is no doubt very different to our idea of what a pittance is !

LisaD