Roses

Started by alfore, January 07, 2015, 09:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

e bleakley

I bought 6 from Albox market, all perfumed and different colours.
They have taken very well.

alfore

I know where you mean.
Thanks for the info.
Margaret

debdale09

no , its the next one on the road to albox, sorry don't know what  it is called but its beside happy garden Chinese, shame I only know its by a food outlet x
:lol:

alfore

Thanks.  Is that Arboleas market?

debdale09

I bought two stunning rose bushes  rich scented, at 5 e each from the market on sat morning, they are well rooted, and the smell, fantastic I spoke to the guy and he said he will have climbers in three weeks when it warms up a bit, ive always bought from him and they are always very good , hope that helps

alfore

Thanks, sounds just what we are looking for.

Lesley and Pete

We got all our rose plants from the place next to Longos too. Bought first ones about 7 years ago and they still flower all year round. Have to really hack them back hard about this time of year and they bush out even more over the year. Plenty of water & rose feed. Have everything from yellow, pink, red & 'negro'. Beautiful.

alfore

Thanks, I will try them.  I have never been there so will have a look.
Margaret

Lizzie1201

We bought our roses from the garden centre at Longos. They smell lovely and the red ones are still in bloom.
Go and have a look, they have a good variety.

alfore

Thanks for the offer.  I am actually looking for red but could try cuttings from your's for a different place.  We are olive picking this week but could come over when we're finished.

alfore

For perfume you need an old rose.  I have been to the Vera  nursery but they only have pink.

Karen4

Come over to me and I will give you some cuttings! I have 2 that just keep coming all year round, one is large and pink and the other is smaller and yellow. They climb all over an arch and hedge in the garden and the perfume is so heady it's almost a match for Dama de Noche!
Cl3880

nibbler

I think you'll find most good nurseries sell them I know the one in Antas does. The thing that disappoints me is that I've yet to find any with perfume.
If you do I'd love to know.
Nibbler :tiphat:

alfore

Does anyone know where I can buy good roses?  I am looking for climbing or rambling.