Banter, General Chatter and Arbi Chatter

Started by bobthelook, December 18, 2014, 13:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

villegas

Hillybilly for goodness sake leave it alone love.

Were you the kid, who when he got chickenpox, wouldn't leave the spots alone.
Picked em, and scratched em, and picked em some more.

Find some calamine lotion and cotton wool, dab away, and cool down

Feliz Navidad

Hillbilly

School boy bullies. Look downstairs, it proves it. I thought the idea of bar room banter was just that, not bullying. ( best not feed the troll )
:clap:

bobthelook

Quote from: macc on December 19, 2014, 19:52:41 PM
There is a cure for the clap.
:lol: All clap-trap!  Clearly something has gone awry with KS76  - - -HB continues to make unpleasant posts and KS76 seems to be aligning himself with him despite the fact that KS76 complains that others make inappropriate posts!   All bonkers if you ask me! Perhaps KS76 and HB should be banished to below stairs?!  Lighten up KS  - - have a drink  :drinks: and think what Santa may be bringing you - only if you are a good lad of course - -  ;) :) :laugh: :cheesy:
Malayan proverb - Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

macc

King saint 76

Surely that is impossible HB, but I do love doing this  :clap: :clap:

Hillbilly

Quote from: King saint 76 on December 19, 2014, 19:25:56 PM
Quote from: webejamin on December 19, 2014, 18:57:31 PM
Gus, Sillybilly joined the forum I think the 8th Dec 14, that's only just over a week ago. out of 27 posts, 25 are aggressive posts, aimed at the Magnificent 7. Now if that's not spiteful I don't know what is. We can be sure of one thing, we won't be seeing any "productive" or "positive" posts from Sillybilly, or his virtual gang in the near future. One or two that got dragged in, possibly inadvertently, have shown atonement and are forgiven :angel: Bless them :angel: ;D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Ah, we are on at the same time Mr Saint. Ignore the failure that fled back to the UK (Plebjamin).

King saint 76

Quote from: webejamin on December 19, 2014, 18:57:31 PM
Gus, Sillybilly joined the forum I think the 8th Dec 14, that's only just over a week ago. out of 27 posts, 25 are aggressive posts, aimed at the Magnificent 7. Now if that's not spiteful I don't know what is. We can be sure of one thing, we won't be seeing any "productive" or "positive" posts from Sillybilly, or his virtual gang in the near future. One or two that got dragged in, possibly inadvertently, have shown atonement and are forgiven :angel: Bless them :angel: ;D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

King saint 76

Quote from: Hillbilly on December 19, 2014, 14:41:26 PM
This is my last post on the matter. You really do have short memory's, this only come about because of the select few who continued  to post spiteful answers to innocent folk who wanted a decent reply. I not talking about harmless humor or jokes I'm always up for a laugh , but these select few decided to just snipe. Hope you all feel pleased with your selves.

However, life is far too short, so I wish you all a Merry Christmas!
[/quote
:clap: :clap:

webejamin

gus-lopez

This is my last post on the matter. You really do have short memory's, this only come about because of the select few who continued  to post spiteful answers to innocent folk who wanted a decent reply. I not talking about harmless humor or jokes I'm always up for a laugh , but these select few decided to just snipe. Hope you all feel pleased with your selves.

Would you be so kind as to point out some of these 'spiteful' answers because I can't recall any ?

buddie

Dave22

Quote from: bobthelook on December 19, 2014, 12:05:32 PM
  I agree with web - I cannot understand why people bother to even read a thread that they disapprove of and even more so - why they bother to post on it! Nowt so queer as folk eh?! :whistle:

curtain twitchers.

webejamin

This is my last post on the matter. You really do have short memory's, this only come about because of the select few who continued  to post spiteful answers to innocent folk who wanted a decent reply. I not talking about harmless humor or jokes I'm always up for a laugh , but these select few decided to just snipe. Hope you all feel pleased with your selves.

Fank gawd fer dat ::) get yer arse dahn below an av a larf ;D Appy Christmas to you too ;D 

Hillbilly

zilnor

Excellent post Hogs, and Felipe  :clap: :clap:
Hopefully, these two timely and appropriate posts will put a stop to the "bashing the banter folks".
Merry Christmas everybody, and remember it is the time of the year to show " goodwill to all men ( and women) "
:D :wave

byrney

I am so glad that Hogs has given a timely reminder about what a "Forum" is all about.  It saved me the trouble.    :clap:

Of course, unfortunately Hogs, you're wasting your breath.

bobthelook

Quote from: felipe on December 19, 2014, 08:41:46 AM
Wow, I go out for a night and come back to all of this!! What has happened to Christmas spirit :)

Anyway, there used to be two boards at the top,  General Chatter and Other General Chatter. However, as most members were using both boards to ask similar questions such as where to find or how to do this that or the other, at the suggestion of a few members it was decided that we would change the name of Other General chatter to Where Can I Find and keep the General Chatter to deal with everything about the region or things in 'general'. Hope that explains everything. If you cannot see the General Chatter board it is because you have click on the + / - sign on the top right of the board. This reveals or hides the board.
So basically the 'Arboleas General Chatter' is actually now inclusive of all Arboleas and non Arboleas Chat? Not quite sure then of the logic of separating the 'where can I find' questions as the Arbi gen chat  now is a catch-all heading anyway - but  if Phil doesn't consider a General heading below the Arbi heading to be effective - then so be it!  I agree with web - I cannot understand why people bother to even read a thread that they disapprove of and even more so - why they bother to post on it! Nowt so queer as folk eh?! :whistle:
Malayan proverb - Don't think there are no crocodiles because the water is calm.

felipe

I personally think that the best thing to do is for those that wanted the so-called m7 given their own board should steer clear of it. Do not read it, do not post in it. Keep to the main forum boards. To continue with the jibes at these folks is pointless and serves no purpose and to some degree puts you in the same bracket as you are making them out to be.

The 'M7' and others 'down there' have contributed and started many excellent threads on the forum and are welcome and seasoned members. Yes, they have overtaken some threads by their 'silliness'. But that is why the banter section was now set up for. They will, I hope they continue to post in the 'above stairs' sections as they all have good things to contribute.

On the banning issue we have only banned one person in the last 6 months jodee, and he is back on the forum again since the crash.

webejamin

Good post Hogsy me boy.
Mornin all ;D :tiphat:

Tetley

Well i think all thats needed is a new" sensible board",that should sort it  :o  ( as long as wi can find some bodys sensible to posts  ;D  )

morning citizens  :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

felipe

Wow, I go out for a night and come back to all of this!! What has happened to Christmas spirit :)

Anyway, there used to be two boards at the top,  General Chatter and Other General Chatter. However, as most members were using both boards to ask similar questions such as where to find or how to do this that or the other, at the suggestion of a few members it was decided that we would change the name of Other General chatter to Where Can I Find and keep the General Chatter to deal with everything about the region or things in 'general'. Hope that explains everything. If you cannot see the General Chatter board it is because you have click on the + / - sign on the top right of the board. This reveals or hides the board.

macc

The really weird thing is, it,s electronic, digital personality,s. Maybe some on here know of one another, but in general it,s electronic. When you complain to someone on a forum, you assume that it's someone who really cares about you.  Not true. It,s a digital forum, so when you tell your problems or complain, remember,  2% might be sympathetic ..18% don't care and the other 80% on here are glad you have them. It,s not the real world.

webejamin

???
What I want to know is, what makes people read these posts? not only read em, but comment on em ??? When I see a subject that is of no interest to me, I just whiz by it, certainly don't post on it, even to say "this ain't interesting to me" So why do people concern themselves with things that don't concern them ??? It's a bit like putting your hand in a fire, then complaining it hurts and it's someone else's fault ???

Jockscot

Would it be at all possible to have all this drivel removed to the banter area please . Alternatively , ban the lot of you for wasting a perfectly good forum ..? People who advertise on this forum and have a genuine business to look after will as I do feel that readers will just shut off from the forum completely, the forum has always tried to do the right thing and has created an area where the lunatic fringe can go and play at winding each other up so why don't you all just go to the naughty room and let common sense prevail on the forum ?

zilnor

Bobthelock.  Yes we should have General Chatter page but,  thought we already had one ?  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
I for one, am confused.  :lol: just wish this nastiness would stop. Life is too short for negativity and unpleasantness.
Feel the love people !  :lol:

MELEE

Think you might have hit the nail firmly on the head there macc - hell hath no fury and all that :rofl: :rofl:

macc

Webe, this seems to be getting very personal. Hillbilly is starting to sound like a rejected lover. Maybe a Jillbilly, who knows. Did you dump some woman here Webe. Reading back on Jillbillys posts, i thinks it,s female. Daisy? Bob, this is all your fault, you started this.

bobthelook

Wow!  what's going on Captain Phil  :police: will be pulling the plug if we carry on like this folks! We have weatherman web sunrun  trying to pour oil on troubled water and tetles trying to inject some humour  ;D - but old Ryanair  ;) is taking umbrage over  a blitzkrieg from prickly Billy  808 - could the folks in the uk be actually far from senile if they have sensibly retained property in the uk as well as Spain - I'm only pondering the question as it was posed - - - anyway who is Daisy?  By the way do we need a General Chatter heading or not (this is blooming hard work - - -!)  :whistle:

MELEE

Quote from: Hillbilly on December 18, 2014, 21:17:23 PM
Quote from: MELEE on December 18, 2014, 21:01:21 PM
whoever, I'll rephrase that, whatever it is has one brass neck coming on here having made 25 posts and telling
a member with 3000+ posts to go away - the sooner you go away hillbilly the happier MOST of us will be
And furthermore this forum is registered in the UK so Webe and the rest of us who live there have as much right
as anyone to be on here and if you don't like it - go boil your head :tiphat:

I think your a bunch of senile pr*cks with nothing better to do other than wind people up. Let's face it, your in the UK because you FAILED!
Pop off down the club for domino's or stay quietly in the cue and wait for Daisy's.

Well as you don't know any of us from the man in the moon I can only assume that you are describing YOURSELF - which you do so eloquently :tiphat:

Hillbilly

Quote from: MELEE on December 18, 2014, 21:01:21 PM
whoever, I'll rephrase that, whatever it is has one brass neck coming on here having made 25 posts and telling
a member with 3000+ posts to go away - the sooner you go away hillbilly the happier MOST of us will be
And furthermore this forum is registered in the UK so Webe and the rest of us who live there have as much right

I think your a bunch of senile pr*cks with nothing better to do other than wind people up. Let's face it, your in the UK because you FAILED!
Pop off down the club for domino's or stay quietly in the cue and wait for Daisy's.

webejamin

;D Come on Sainty, why doncha just go with the flow, you used to a while back. Maybe your just going through a bit of a cranky stage and the others are just winding you along ??? I'm sure we can all be mates again ??? well most of us anyway ;D and who cares what people say on here, we really don't have to read it. I know Sillybilly checks the weather every day, coz he finds it boring ??? that don't matter does it ??? I think we need a big forum hug ;D Waddya fink ;D

MELEE