splash pool !

Started by debdale09, December 16, 2014, 11:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitarman

We bought a 10' wide by 3' deep pool in Todo shop for 50 euros. folds up in winter and store in shed. Great for cooling down and as a splash pool for kids.
No planning required haha  :) And I have floated in it ( not with G&T though, will try that next summer).

oscar2208

So many different opinions. We were over there end of October viewing properties (plumped for one in Velez Blanco ) We were told Zurgena wont`t allow ANY pools at all. (by an agent in or out of the ground)) Other areas will allow above ground pools only. However a proper concrete and tiled pool even if it is only as little as six inches higher than the surrounding land is termed above ground so IS allowed by some Town Halls. Best bet is an above ground pool. Because it is NOT FIXED permanently no permissions are required. These are also cheaper to install and also easier to maintain. As it appears you really want it for the kids i`d advise this route .

PS we are currently applying for permission for a pool in Velez Blanco. It is in the ground so we need planning permission. Can be a long drawn out affair .

I`d ask in person at Zurgena Ayuntamiento to see EXACTLY what they will allow. Don`t take the word of a builder.  8)

MELEE

Have you considered a drop in pool - fibreglass moulded shapes you see outside some ferreterias
We had one of those, very successfully, and they come under different laws as our solicitor said they
are not a permanent structure and can be taken away.
And come to think of it friends of ours in Cantoria have a tiled pool and their house is illegal

debdale09

hi all, help needed again, we appield to have a swimming pool in our large garden, in los carasoles, our builder as been to the town hall, several times but no luck, because of where we live we have been told there are several illegal homes, ours is not, its over 100 years old !! now, we have been told we can build a splash pool above ground not by the town hall but others, with out planning permission, any ideas ?, or do we have to start with the town hall in zurgena again,  has any one had any experience with one of these, all we want it for is the grandchildren to play in and the occasional float  around with a g and t . :head