Started by ES, December 16, 2014, 09:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eurosatwiz

At this time of year the signal from satellites is at it's strongest
Reason for this is several factors
It's all mainly because we are further from the sun
The atmosphere is less dense allowing more signal to penetrate
The magnetic field is less distorted due to the greater distance from the sun
After the 21st of December the earth will be begin to get closer and closer to the sun
As this happens the signal will become weaker and weaker so in about 6 weeks it's unlikely that the smaller dishes will continue to work
Obviously it doesn't work for everybody because not everybody has the same equipment
The  digibox used or even the satellite dish used all have different signal gains there are lots of factors to take into account
Advice is free

funnyface

I'm between alfoquia and cucador and nothing

stingmeister

Optomist

Quote from: Mariposa on December 16, 2014, 19:24:46 PM
Hi can you remind me of the transponder number I know it began 12
Many thanks

Dont take it as positive as i haven't had a Skybox for 8 years but in the back of my mind i have 12050 and 12051 , I'm only suggesting them as you might be waiting to set your box up and you dont seem to have had a response from anyone . :tiphat:
If you see someone without a smile give them one of yours .

fidgetmidget

Had them all plus some for the past 5 weeks and excellent pictures as well, fingers crossed they stay a while longer eh?
Fidget Midget
Wer'e all going on a European Tour - Up The Clarets!
www.benidormsoulfiesta.com

Mariposa

Hi can you remind me of the transponder number I know it began 12
Many thanks

fazktm650

We're in Los golindrinas and had all channels back for months had the hd ones aswell for at least a week

crawdaddy

It's 6.40pm here in Los Hig and got all the main ITV and BBC channels ,Ch4 ,Ch5 and all the +1 channels . Slight pixilating on Ch5 and no good signal on BBC3 or 4.   Got a Lidls Silvercrest receiver.

ES

I'm using a Lancashire post code, reception went flaky in afternoon, came back, but flaky again.   

BBC1, 963 W Mid  and 964 Wales is best on my Humax .  Could be the storm clouds, could be atmospheric as indicated by Gary.
ES

barneyrubble

We are in Los Menchones and cant get anything with our Humax box, what uk post code are you using? Maybe that's why we are not getting anything!? Or are the channels only coming in during the day?

crawdaddy

I am in Los Hig and been able to get all of the old channels including BBC1 -2-3-4 for the last few days.

I put it down to the damp ,cloudy weather,but plenty of sunshine today and still good signal.

Can be hit and miss various times in the day ,but good at night till I go to bed.    :drinks:

ES

Hi Gary, I did amend my post to say that 2G was not due launch till late Dec, 5 minutes before you posted.  I haven't checked for transponder changes but heho working good at this time.
ES

olive25

The 3rd of the new sats was launched last month.  The transponders have been swapped around.  Let's hope that it's in it's final position and that they keep on the same transponders.  
:D :D :D
[/quote]

Hi Firstly no third satellite  ASTRA 2G has been launched due to a malfunction, it is rumoured the end of this month with a possible transmission date around march.

Secondly signals are better now & will be upto the 21st december then they will taper off as usual, this is a yearly cycle & always has been.

Thirdly there is a lot of misinformation around from persons who are unfamiliar with the job PLEASE seek professional assistance when making decisions.

Finally thanks to all the messages regarding the dishes where no signals were lost over the weekend with the weather.

ES

My dish is as it was when we lost the channels.  Last week I could only get Sky News, other shy rubbish clearly, and ITV+1 in the evening with some pixellation.

Apparently the new satellite, 2G, isn't due to launch until end of the month, so this must be just a transponder reshuffle.
ES

Trinity

Have any of you had to have the dish re-aligned please?

ES

Arboleas, Los Menchones.    ITV North West and London  and all BBC regions on program guide on Humax Freesat box.  No HD except ch4.
ES

Tonica

we live in Zurenga & are receiving the channels on the old dish. Watching ITV now clear as a bell

jimmybeen

What area are you as in the west end of the valley we don't seem to have had any change.

ES

Looks like the sat TV is back on a 1.3 dish, will it last all day I wonder.  :D :D :D

The 3rd of the new sats was launched last month.  The transponders have been swapped around.  Let's hope that it's in it's final position and that they keep on the same transponders.  
:D :D :D

Whoops  -  Just read that 2G isn't due launch until end of month.
ES