spanish roof

Started by debdale09, September 16, 2014, 19:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicdonna

Were you okay yesterday with all the rain we had?

Donna

debdale09

thank you so much swithin
, I will go to bed now with an easier mind, thanks for your help and great advice x

Karen4

Quote from: swithin on September 16, 2014, 20:20:27 PM
Hi when you say Spanish roof I take it you mean pan tiles, when you say ( hole ) do you mean missing tiles? If so you can buy replacements fro any builders merchant for about 50 cents each and a can of expanding foam especially for replacing tiles. The problem is walking on the roof usually results in loosening more tiles hence the puckering of lips. Work in a straight line backing down roof and replacing any you loosen on the way. Yes they were originally set with cement but better replaced with the foam made for the job. Only apply a little to each tile and wear rubber gloves, you can also spray foam with water to reduce expansion. Any advice needed pm just pm me.

Happy roofing
If anyone is looking for a helpful, no nonsense and polite response to a post - this is it. Lovely answer, well done Swithin!  :clap:
Cl3880

swithin

Hi when you say Spanish roof I take it you mean pan tiles, when you say ( hole ) do you mean missing tiles? If so you can buy replacements fro any builders merchant for about 50 cents each and a can of expanding foam especially for replacing tiles. The problem is walking on the roof usually results in loosening more tiles hence the puckering of lips. Work in a straight line backing down roof and replacing any you loosen on the way. Yes they were originally set with cement but better replaced with the foam made for the job. Only apply a little to each tile and wear rubber gloves, you can also spray foam with water to reduce expansion. Any advice needed pm just pm me.

Happy roofing

debdale09

sorry if I repeat myself but ive put two messages on and  its not been posted, I will cut this short just in case I made a bo  bo , I have a small hole in my roof , I ve had a builder come today who puckered his lips, sharp intake of breath, and said the classic lines oh its a Spanish roof , now I know im new, but a Spanish roof, are they  different in other parts, yes its old but Spanish !!! does anyone know a builder , who will help or does any one know where I can buy, hire or loan a crawl ladder for a couple of days, I would prefer a builder, but as they say every days a learning day !!!! thanks for reading