Think twice about treatment on the NHS.

Started by webejamin, August 22, 2014, 17:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

Quite right Karen, the NHS has been going wrong for years, because the money is being spent wrongly and there's too much profiteering.
Cannabis oil is OK Karen, but it don't half make a mess when you try to light it :tiphat:

Karen4

It's about time the NHS changed - it's long overdue. It was originally set up to care for people form the cradle to the grave - when they needed it. It is a HEALTH service, not a beauty service for silly girls who want bigger breasts, or idiots who don't actually need health care. It was designed to help people who are ILL.
It is also NOT a free service - it is free at the point of delivery, paid for by taxes collected from those who contribute. The biggest trap they have fallen into is to be slaves of Big Pharma, who can charge whatever they like for the drugs they produce. Often there are alternatives which are much, much cheaper. Handy hint - in the UK always ask for the "BP" version of a drug, even aspirin etc as it will be much cheaper than the branded version, If you insist on buying things like Nurofen etc, you are simply paying Big Pharma and you are being seduced by advertising.
You're not as gullible as that now, are you?
Also have a look here for some rather interesting information on the healing properties of cannabis oil...ref Sky News articles today on the withdrawal of Sativex for many MS patients in England. Grow and make your own instead.
www.phoenixtears.ca
Cl3880

webejamin

I agree Karen, but successive gov.uk's have never seen it that way, not in the last 30 odd years anyway. I think the end is coming for the NHS as we know it, once the finest health system in world, being run down and sold out for profit >:(
I knew people, who, years ago, worked in the NHS because they loved it, they could have got more money elsewhere, but chose the NHS as a vocation rather than just a job. Even the cleaners and porters were happy and dedicated people, but now, all that seems to have gone.
My opinion is based on my experiences in my local hospitals :tiphat: 

Karen4

Think of the work that ambulance crew do....and their salaries are likely to be much lower than doctor's assistants.
Cl3880

webejamin

Quote from: lorca lad on August 22, 2014, 21:44:59 PM
Hi Webe,

I have always respected your posts ........ lots of good info and useful "links" to advice ......

However ......  tonight ... maybe .... just maybe ...... you are try¡ng a "wind-up"

Let us know !!!  PM me if you want to  .....

Regards

L.L.
No wind up Lorca lad I'm afraid
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/aug/22/fears-nhs-doctors-assistant-recruitment-healthcare-cheap

byrney

:clap:

Sorry Jonno but I have to agree to disagree. 

For those who do the job properly (and most of them actually do), they are worth their weight in gold.  Your life is literally in their hands - you cannot get to be more important than that (except of course for the Doctors who without Nurses would be useless).

Karen4

Oops! I didn't mean to stir the pot with my comment, honestly! My mother was a nurse and she used to say that nurses cared about the patient while doctors cared about the illness. Then, of course, she married my father, who was a doctor, and learned that there are some doctors who care about the patient as well!
Cl3880

Wilf and Moira

Quote from: Karen4 on August 22, 2014, 18:37:34 PM
I'm not sure nurses would like to hear themselves described as "doctors' assistants"!

You're quite right there Karen, Doctors are fine as long they do what we nurses tell 'em!  :whistle: :D :angel:
Always maintain the Status Quo!!

jonno

Not sure I am happy with the often rolled out comment about underpaid nurses. They are professional, highly trained people and are rightly paid as professionals. £40K+ salaries (and much higher) are not uncommon for successful nurses.

Student Nurses and those in the early years of experience are lowly paid - but underpaid? Dont think so. 

byrney

It has always puzzled (amused) me as to why people get so hung up on job titles.

It's interesting to see that there is a different view as to what "Nurses" would be preferred to be called - "Nurses" or "Doctor's Assistants".

I'm with Doreen on this one, as I'd have thought status-wise being a "Doctor's Assistant" would have been preferable to being a "Nurse", yet Karen thinks the opposite.  Strange how we all have different perceptions.

I think the only thing is that whatever they are called it is quite probably the most important profession that exists, is grossly underfunded, and grossly underpaid - IMHO.

doreen1

Quote from: Karen4 on August 22, 2014, 18:37:34 PM
I'm not sure nurses would like to hear themselves described as "doctors' assistants"!

Karen that was not meant as an insult to nurses. I have always said nurses are more in tune with the patients needs than doctors are. A very good friend of mine is a theatre nurse, I will ask her tomorrow but I'm sure she would class herself as a doctors assistant.

lorca lad

Hi Webe,

I have always respected your posts ........ lots of good info and useful "links" to advice ......

However ......  tonight ... maybe .... just maybe ...... you are try¡ng a "wind-up"

Let us know !!!  PM me if you want to  .....

Regards

L.L.

Karen4

Cl3880

webejamin

Well so did I Doreen ??? but it looks like nurses will cost too much and will be over qualified. Incidentally, I remember when I was younger, our hospitals were full of Irish nurses, they were great and actually cared for the patients. They only seem to mostly import ready made nurses now :( No!!!! I won't go into that one, I've done enough moaning today :-X :tiphat:     

doreen1

I always thought a doctors assistant was a nurse.
  ???

webejamin

Gov.uk reckon they will introduce "Doctors assistants" to treat us in the future ;D That's good, coz it will save money ;D
You may not get the right treatment and you could die :o but don't worry, the doctors assistant won't get the blame, coz he aint a doctor. ;D
If it's a doctor that makes a mistake :o don't worry, he will officially have to apologise  ;D
It looks like the policy is, the more people that die from wrong, or bad treatment, the more money they will save, then, in time no NHS will be needed, coz all the plebs will be dead. Except of course the hospital porters, who will be by that time, doctors assistants, then all the doctors can be laid off and save more money ;D
I've just seen that they will be called "physician associates" :o oh that's OK then :tiphat:

I do love a good rant 808