Anyone remember The Hamsters ?

Started by crawdaddy, August 20, 2014, 16:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurtlejolt

I saw them a few times, back in the day, great band!

evansnews

Saw them in Darlington about 16 years ago brilliant sound when doing the Hendrix covers got a few of their albums on cd

nic.spato

Quote from: owdoggy on January 05, 2015, 13:24:04 PM
Quote from: Tutty on August 23, 2014, 15:26:17 PM
I remember seeing the Hamsters during the eighties at a lot of bike rallies . Really used to get the crowds rockin. There was also another band who used to play same gigs, they were called Dumpys rusty nuts, great times  :drinks:

Dumpy's Rusty Nuts...........now there's a blast from the past. We supported them a couple of times, complete nutters but great lads :clap:

Doggy

Ha ha....I remember Dumpy Rusty Nuts....they changed their name to Dumpy Rusty Bolts to try and sell their single, then changed it back when the single flopped.......bloody legend !!!

owdoggy

Quote from: Tutty on August 23, 2014, 15:26:17 PM
I remember seeing the Hamsters during the eighties at a lot of bike rallies . Really used to get the crowds rockin. There was also another band who used to play same gigs, they were called Dumpys rusty nuts, great times  :drinks:

Dumpy's Rusty Nuts...........now there's a blast from the past. We supported them a couple of times, complete nutters but great lads :clap:

Doggy

cougar

Saw them in Bristol, not sure of the year. Fantastic

nic.spato

Great tight sound, good honest rockers.
I played in a band that supported them at the Gaumont in Ipswich....around the mid 80s.....I think !
Nice bunch of guys if my dodgy memory serves me well. :lol:

Chumbagal

Hamsters-brilliant, as were Dr. Feelgood - just loved them and saw them both whenever I could. Great live bands everyone came out dripping in sweat!!

Tutty

crawdaddy

I am a Dr Feelgood fan as well, and so glad that Wilko is doing pretty good from an article I read yesterday.  Sadly I never saw them live with Lee,Norman and sadly can't remember the name of the  drummer. Lots of energy and love to look at all the old videos on youtube.        :drinks:

roboman

The Hamsters are,  were a great band loads of energy but for me the best 3 min song outfit was Dr Feelgood, Lee and Wilko would make a dead man dance.
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

crawdaddy

Reputation as the hardest working band in the U.K.  Sadly retired now.  Toured U.K. and Europe mainly,for something like 30 years.  Seen them at least a dozen times in SW London and Gloucestershire,and one of the best live acts I have seen.       :drinks:

http://youtu.be/kxda2O6xAa0?list=UUR2P-OWi9bdFIwLsII7jVLg