employment regulations

Started by tarbaby, August 03, 2014, 12:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fernlea

IT all depends how much you NEED the job!! Sometimes one has to eat apple pie and TOUGH !! Not having a go at the poster , just putting the facts here !

jodee

Quote from: tarbaby on August 03, 2014, 12:10:36 PM
I am currently employed as a seasonal agricultural worker. I am expected to work from 7am to 7.15pm. We are given a 15 min break in the morning and an hour at lunch time. I am paid 4.50 € per hour
Does anyone know if the hours and rate of pay are legal ?
Also depends if it's gross or nett.
Did you think to ask your employer?
I only drink to make other people seem more interesting.

Tetley

I  was told by a local employer that all contracted jobs are rated per hour ,ie your job may be 4.50 per hour ,an office workers job may be 6 .50 an hour ,a welders job may be 10e per hour.

the main problem you will have is that most contracts are  short term , wich the employer does not need to renew leaving a person un employed .

you should be able to check the contracted amount per hour at the local employment office in Albox to find out the correct rate for the job you are doing.

the above is only a guide and  assuming that  you are on a  temp legal employment  contract

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

tarbaby

I am currently employed as a seasonal agricultural worker. I am expected to work from 7am to 7.15pm. We are given a 15 min break in the morning and an hour at lunch time. I am paid 4.50 € per hour
Does anyone know if the hours and rate of pay are legal ?