Internet Explorer fault message

Started by sandra, July 14, 2014, 10:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albertjames

1.The message you receive is usually caused by an add-on to IE.
Troubleshooting IE without Add-ons
Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools, and click Internet Explorer no Add-ons.
Then re-enable add-ons 1 at a time until you locate the add-on causing your problem.

2.There have been reports of the Google toolbar causing this problem so if you have the Google toolbar I would suggest uninstalling it.

3.Try using System File Checker to scan your OS for missing/corrupt files.
Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
In the results area, right-click cmd.exe, and then click Run as administrator.
Click Yes / Continue if you are the administrator or type the administrator password.
At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow, and then press ENTER.

The scan may take some time, so be patient.
Windows will repair any corrupted or missing files that it finds.
If information from the installation CD is needed to repair the problem, you may be prompted to insert your Windows 7 CD.

Good luck.

sandra

I have had the security questions on my hotmail account June and July. They will repeat the process again in August. The alternative email account they have is no longer in use and I have been trying to give them my gmail account. It's a pain trying to get this sorted too.

byrney

Hmmm. I wonder if it's anything to do with a similar problem I had this morning.

I had one of those annoying "automatic" Windows update things last night when I switched off.

It continued "configuring" (or whatever it does) this morning and stalled at 95% complete.

Having waited ages I used my tablet to seek advice and finally took the plunge and switched off.  It started again quite normally (although slowly).

As usual it's probably Microsoft buggering about to ensure that we are all so fed up with our existing systems that we will just have to take up their wonderful opportunity to upgrade to their new Windows 9 when it comes out.  I'll have a side order of fries with mine please, light on the ketcup.... :whistle:

sandra

I am getting a message box stating that internet explorer has stopped working - windows will check it and inform me if the problem can be resolved. I can use google, which brings up my msn home page immediately. Previously I have always gone to my home page via internet explorer. Is there a problem with my laptop? Many thanks.