MINIX neo x7 firmware update

Started by oldbirchy, June 16, 2014, 18:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldbirchy

My mistake, can't tell my helix from my isengard

guest4538

Quote from: oldbirchy on September 14, 2016, 10:04:13 AM
....... I now prefer Kodi helix 15.2 or isengard 16.1 but the latter does not work on some android boxes.
Regards Andy

I'm new to Kodi, but I thought the various versions were as follows:

"Helix" (14.0, 14.1, 14.2);
"Isengard" (15.0, 15.1, 15.2);
"Jarvis" (16.0, 16.1).

And that Jarvis 16.1 was the latest stable version, or have I got it totally wrong?

oldbirchy

Blimey doesn't time fly!
Correct in its day but not now. Just makes you think how tv streaming has moved on in the last 2-3 years!

Up to date advice for the MINIX neo X7 would be to have MINIX KitKat version 250. MINIX still support the last version of XBMC for MINIX v13.3 as it was optimised for MINIX boxes. I now prefer Kodi helix 15.2 or isengard 16.1 but the latter does not work on some android boxes.

Regards Andy

guest4538

Quote from: EzZeRmAn on September 13, 2016, 20:39:39 PM
How can you stick with 12.4 when Kodi have taken over XBMC?... and so have the Coders,Listers And Builders? your not going to get much?

EzZeRmAn,

Welcome to the Forum.

But do you appreciate that you are replying to Oldbirchy's posting from 2+years ago (some 2 months before XBMC was renamed Kodi)?

I'm sure Oldbirchy's advice was perfectly valid and welcome at the time.

EzZeRmAn

How can you stick with 12.4 when Kodi have taken over XBMC?... and so have the Coders,Listers And Builders? your not going to get much?

oldbirchy

Hi All there is a version 010 update to the firmware available from MINIX. It comes in two versions, one 720p and one 1080p. Alongside these you can also download the latest MINIX version of XBMC called Gotham.
My advice on all counts is DONT DO IT! the new xbmc supports full 1080p viewing but is slow and does not work with all of the add ons. Stick with 008 firmware and the XBMC 12.4 MINIX.

Regards Andy