New member needs help

Started by CumbriaLad, April 24, 2014, 21:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim1544

Roger is your man for Arboleas area, he is a town councillor AND English, whatsmore he has his finger on the pulse and knows the ropes PM him to arrange a meeting BEFORE you proceed and DONT hand over ANY money till you do.  As for Abogado's, use one who lives out of this area, as has been said, they are ALL either related to the land owner , Builder or an Estate agent and blood is thicker than water here, PLEASE,PLEASE dont get caught out in the shark infested waters that are the property market in this area, believe no one, check out ALL you are told.
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

webejamin

Nice to hear it Hudders, good luck :tiphat:

Hudders

We have just had an offer accepted on a property - after checking it out at the town hall first!!! We are using Mario Viciana in Albox. He comes recommended and so far, has been excellent. Got us our NIEs quickly and able to buy a new car which we got yesterday. We have been here only 4 weeks and the service from the Town Hall (Geraldo in Technical Services has been really helpful with checking out the legality of property). Mario, & the staff in Almeria when going for our NIEs, have been nothing but excellent. My experience so far has been wholly positive. Watch this space as we go through the purchase process though... :lol:
Hudders

No - I'm not from Huddersfield, before anyone asks.. :)

serenity

What jodee said is correct, I am not saying that they are all dishonest, but as in all countries and professions certainly some of them are. However,
the word  "family" occurs over and over again, they all appear to be related in some way or other to everyone else.

jimmybeen

Quote from: jimmybeen on April 25, 2014, 11:05:53 AM
There are thousands of illegal properties that have been purchased in Southern Spain all have been 'checked & OK'd' by an Abogada .............................................

Just think about it for a moment if thousands upon thousands of properties have been purchased and the abogado told each and every buyer ' oh yes senor this is all in order you buy this lovely house with your life savings, no problemo ' then the poor bloke finds he's got an illegal !!
                                   Would you trust an Abogada or any Abogado no matter where the office is Albox included.

johnhc

Deliverance - that's scary.  Paddle faster,  I hear banjo music! !,!!!!

jodee

Quote from: jimbo on April 29, 2014, 15:58:08 PM
If you are buying in the Arboleas area take up Roger's kind offer with thanks and my advice would be not to use any local Spanish solicitor certainly not one from Albox. This remark is only due to my own personal dealings with local solicitors and no doubt there are many honest local ones, it's just that I have'nt heard of or met them yet.
Clarifying a bit - they are probably honest (in their own little way) but are almost certainly related to either the land owner or builder. This is/was a community of a few hundred farmers, they all know each other and are either intermarried or friends.

Think "Deliverance" without the artistic licence of the film  :tiphat:
I only drink to make other people seem more interesting.

jimbo

If you are buying in the Arboleas area take up Roger's kind offer with thanks and my advice would be not to use any local Spanish solicitor certainly not one from Albox. This remark is only due to my own personal dealings with local solicitors and no doubt there are many honest local ones, it's just that I have'nt heard of or met them yet.

NormanM

Just a thought.  Write down every conceivable thought or question about the legality of your property - including if there are any debts on it - and insist on a written answer to each one.  And of course, take up Roger's offer!  You won't get better information in any other municipality around here, for sure!
From Normam

alto dogs

And the outcome please.............

CumbriaLad

Thanks everyone for your advice, it has been a great help.

hartcjhart

Angela Morales on Mojacar Playa

jimmybeen

There are thousands of illegal properties that have been purchased in Southern Spain all have been 'checked & OK'd' by an Abogada so be sceptical about anything any of them tell you! Do your own checking and take up the offer from Roger to get the true state of your properties status.

Roger

If you plan to buy in Arboleas come to see me first because only the Town hall can check on legality.

Karen4

Best solicitor is Michael Davies  in Mojacar.
Cl3880

Santana Fan

We use Mario. Referenced in this recent thread:
http://www.arboleas.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=87211.0

A brilliant guy who cares.  :)

CumbriaLad

Hi everyone, please could you give me the benefit of your experience. I have just agreed a price to purchase a property in your area and have been informed that I have to hire the services of a solicitor, to conduct various checks with documentation & legalities. Can anyone please recommend a trustworthy solicitor in the Almeria area.