Jerez - Hotel Recommendations?

Started by trishtrosh, April 21, 2014, 12:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3M

Tickets for the MotoGP on motogp.com, pick them up at the hut near the gates. We went last year, and there is plenty of campsites. Just a short stroll away from the track as well. Think it was 15 euros per person per day for the camping, plus the car. But it saves queueing every day.
Paul & Mette

musicdonna

Mods- can we have a thread just for hotel recommendations.  Posts could be listed by Community- Province- Town- Hotel (ie, Andalucía- Almeriá- Huércal-Overa- X) for clear and quick access to a particular place? 

Just an idea,

Donna

steveconway24

Cheap and cheerful, The Hotel Joma, I've stayed there a few times, nice little bar next door.
Get your tickets on the gate.

G and T

We stayed at the Sherry Park Hotel in Jerez a couple of years ago. Very good, clean and comfortable and within reasonable walking distance in to the city center if you want to.

Although we were not there for gP, we did a few trips to the circuit for some racing ourselves-we rented some high speed go karts and for,ula Fords for a few days. From memory, it wasn't too far at all from hotel to circuit, but you can easily check this out yourselves.

They also arranged for us to see the famous dancing horses and a tour of the Sherry Bodegas owned by Harveys Bristol Cream etc.

Richard.

trishtrosh

Thank you for that link Jim, will get on the case! As for taking a tent, those days of insects, overflowing toilets, cold water etc are long gone :)

Donna, I have gone onto Booking.com and Trip Advisor and found four hotels under 400 euros for 3 days but just wondered if anyone had been there. Thank you for your help anyway.

musicdonna

Hi, Trish,

Check out www.booking.com which gives you the option to look in a 2,5,10 etc K radius from the centre.  There's nothing an up-to-date like personal recommendation, but the site's excellent, and I always check the reviews and compare them with those on TripAdvisor which gives me a good basis to select from.

Hope you find somewhere nice!

Donna

Jim1544

Tickets.......https://www.google.com/search?q=moto+gp+tickets&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=np&source=hp    dozens of sites, I would think by now ALL hotels in a 20 mile radius will be booked up, take a tent and EXPERIENCE the atmosphere.
When you fall over and have to grab at the grass to stop yourself falling off the planet, Then you KNOW your really drunk

trishtrosh

We've decided to go to Jerez for the Moto GP. Has anyone got any hotel recommendations in Jerez or hAs anyone stayed in Seville instead? Will be the first time going to this circuit from here. Also, any good sites for race tickets?
Many thanks
Trish