OK, WHAT`S `APPENING HERE THEN??

Started by Tash, April 18, 2014, 22:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

nibbler

Yes but we only developed them after the floods just in case. :clap:
nibbler :tiphat:

byrney

Is this the "smal village" where all the residents have webbed feet Nibbler?  ;)

nibbler

I find it strange that different area's have much differing idea's on planning etc. In my small village near Antas someone wanted to build on a plot where three ruins had been demolished. the local council told the prospective builders that everyone in the village would have to be shown the plans and if anyone objected permission would not be given.
This is the only new development we've had in the village for the last 13yrs. Perhaps other councils could learn a thing or two.
Nibbler :tiphat:

jane123

according to the people that live in the house next to it, it is a house!

jazzyanne

Have just come home from Arboleas and sorry to say the street was full of litter from the market. I know it is windy but it was the same last Sunday, and I feel sorry for the residents. However if I lived there I would have to clear it up myself.

Karen4

Very good idea. It should be part of the licence conditions as well.
Cl3880

Karen4

I have to say that the cleaning up operation that takes place after the Arboleas market - the real one, in the village - is excellent. Within a very short time you would never know there had been anything going on. It is a disgrace that the Los Llanos market isn't managed in a similar way.
Cl3880

Tetley

I think once the house is finished the area will be spotless   ;)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Clarky

Hi,
Dont comment on matters pertaining to Arboleas as we chose to live in the Country near Caniles after viewing many properties in your area.
One of the deciding factors for us was the general unkempt and litter strewn areas particularly along the roadsides between Albox and Arboleas.
I know many areas have a litter problem and the lack of refuse facilities do not help but that area is particularly bad and creates an awful impression
to potential buyers in my opinion.
Since our arrival we have had several guests family etc comment on the amount of refuse and paper which borders that road especially around the market area
when we travel that way to the coast. I`m surprised no efforts are made to clear up the area after a market/Car boot.
We went to the market at Garrucha recently and that was extremely busy until one o`clock or thereabouts within a short period of time the stalls were dismantled and the council were out with sweepers and cleaners and within an hour or so you would not think there had ever been a market. The same with Caniles on a Tuesday and Baza car boot on a Sunday all cleared up.
As I say perhaps I should not comment as we chose to live elsewhere,this is not a criticism of anyone or the council but is everyone's problem and if I was trying to sell a property
in that area the general mess down there would only make things harder I believe.

Lynne

Quote from: Roger on April 19, 2014, 11:26:29 AM
It is within the regulations regarding proximity to adjoining property.

All I can say is that the regulations and the people who draw them up need shooting.  I feel so sorry for the two houses on either side who are now completely overlooked by this monstrosity.  Unbelievable.   :head
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Cielos

Quote from: sleepy john on April 19, 2014, 06:45:07 AM
I don't know what it is, but I'm glad I don't own the house next door. sunrun

I have to say, I feel sorry for all those owning houses in this area.  Before either of the markets this area must have been very different to now.

I still can't believe the amount of rubbish strewn on the roadside that comes from the market

Karen4

Quote from: byrney on April 19, 2014, 11:22:56 AM
Are you volunteering Karen? :clap:
Not old enough yet pet!  :lol: :lol:
Cl3880

Roger

The plan fitted within the urban planning regulations.
The council does not decide whether it likes the development, only whether it is within the law.
It is within the legal height and the legal square metres, based on the size of the plot.
It is within the regulations regarding proximity to adjoining property.
They had a correct architect project, registered in the College of Architects, and have paid the licence.
The fact that I would not build an expensive house in this location is my personal preference.
Not everyone has the same idea.

byrney

Are you volunteering Karen? :clap:

Karen4

Oh I don't know, there might be a few pensioners round here feeling the pinch of the recession and wanting to make an extra euro or two.... :lol:
Cl3880

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on April 19, 2014, 09:46:03 AM
It's a house.
It is on urban land, and some months ago we gave a building licence.
The developer provided all architects projects and everything is in order.

Not my choice of where to live, but everyone has their own preferences.

Thank god for that Rog,at least it isnt a titty bar  ;D ( or willi  ;D x2 )
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

jabba the cat

Well Roger dont you take in consideration of the other people around the area WHEN LOOKING AT THE PLANNING APPLICATION  thought not just like the bar in La Cinta built where you want when you want and **** everyone else.
One step forward 3 steps back seems right for the area. :head

Roger

It's a house.
It is on urban land, and some months ago we gave a building licence.
The developer provided all architects projects and everything is in order.

Not my choice of where to live, but everyone has their own preferences.

Tetley

Quote from: GINGER NUT on April 19, 2014, 08:59:50 AM
well go ask the person next door for sure they will know, or maybe if the person next door is using the forum they can tell us all.

Mayor Rog knowes,come on Rog,yer publics need yer    :tiphat:

musicdonna

Quote from: Tetley on April 18, 2014, 22:47:40 PM
Quote from: Tash on April 18, 2014, 22:15:12 PM
Surprised this has not been questioned before OR may have been so many times it`s been locked or taken off or moved.....The new building, just behind Los Llanos market, shell at the moment, looks too big to be a villa, if it`s a new eatery, better be good too fill it or what? somebody must know?

its the new llanos Primark store  ;)

No, Steve, it's going to be M&S!!!

Regular nut 🥜

well go ask the person next door for sure they will know, or maybe if the person next door is using the forum they can tell us all.

Tetley

Weres Mayor Rog...........he will no.............. come on Rog..........what is it ,you must have had to give it permision   :tiphat:

Tetley

I was told the other week,it was new council offices................. :tiphat:

sleepy john

I don't know what it is, but I'm glad I don't own the house next door. sunrun

Alcar

Hi,

Been told from a reliable source, but still do not know if it is 100% correct, that it is an extension to the los llanos market as an indoor market,  remains to be seen I suppose when it is fully completed, then all hear say will be put to rest lol xx

adders

Tetley

Quote from: Tash on April 18, 2014, 22:15:12 PM
Surprised this has not been questioned before OR may have been so many times it`s been locked or taken off or moved.....The new building, just behind Los Llanos market, shell at the moment, looks too big to be a villa, if it`s a new eatery, better be good too fill it or what? somebody must know?

its the new llanos Primark store  ;)

Tash