Arboleas

Started by Tetley, December 15, 2013, 21:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger

I have now published the latest update on www.arboleaslive.com

digifidd

Oh dear, what an unfortunate and unexpected turn of events!  I don't doubt Roger's determination for the Council to be transparent and thorough in it's endeavours to get those who are not quite legal yet to that happy state.

It is just a shame that one of his Spanish colleagues doesn't seem as committed to that cause.  It makes Roger's job so much harder and undermines not just his integrity but of the whole Council.  If the head honcho will do something as idiotic as ignore an official letter from the Junta, that rather unfairly reflects poorly on the whole Council.  That isn't Roger's fault, but it must make him despair at the shortsightedness of some local politicians.

The mayor's apparent action (or lack of) is reminiscent of an ostrich sticking it's head in the sand and hoping the situation will bypass him or just go away.  This suggests a serious lapse in judgement by a politician of no small amount of experience!  I hope that he has a decent explanation prepared for his constituents.

I admire your optimism Roger, but as I have said before, the Junta has a nasty habit of undermining any progress that town halls are trying to make to resolve the illegal builds situation.  Instead of applying common sense and fairness, the politicians in Seville seem hell bent on thwarting those people at the rock face from making any meaningful and positive contributions or improvements.

I truly, truly hope that they don't stick an almighty spanner in the Arboleas Council's Innovacions, in relation to these properties, as that would be mind-blowingly stupid.

However, this 'shoot yourself in the foot' mentality from the regional politicians isn't anything new though, is it? :'(

I hope Roger and his wife get some respite over the holiday break.  It sounds like he is going to need all his strength and resolve to get this situation sorted with a 'best possible' outcome.  Fingers crossed!

tandas

I agree Here's wishing Roger and his long suffering wife a very quiet and peaceful Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2014.  Thank you for all your help to sort out the troubles in Arboleas.  We certainly appreciate everything you have done so far. :handshake

Sue Sweet

I'm sure that when Roger decided to "retire" to Spain he didn't have his crystal (not Cristobal) ball working if he had then I suspect he would have settled somewhere else.
Thank goodness he didn't.
I for one would like to wish him a peaceful Christmas holiday and hope that next year everything becomes much easier for him and the other councillors working on our behalf.

Sue Sweet

Roger

This case is very different to that of Zurgena.
1. The land in Arboleas is part of an urban nucleus and is scheduled to be urban within a matter of months.
2. Arboleas council is working on the side of the house owners. We will do everything legally possible to sort out the problem at no cost to the house owners.

I will this afternoon publish an update on the situation and exactly what is happening.

In my opinion they have nothing to worry about, except what they have known for the past 6 years, that their houses were built illegally and therefore their apparently legal documents may not be valid.
No-one knows what the outcome of the criminal case will be.
What we are working towards is to avoid any threat to the houses so that next year they will be able to get fully legal documents.

I know it is hard for some people to accept, but we promised to be totally transparent and open, and to work on the side of all house owners.
We will keep that promise.

maldenparker

I am fully supportive re the AUAN's comment but where would the Town Hall get the monies to compensate all these people who have had their licence revoked?...

Maura_Hillen

At least in this instance councillors appear to have made efforts to try to ensure that the interests of home owners are protected. Contrast this with Zurgena.

As previously stated re. Zurgena, those affected should take independent legal advice and take part in the proceedings to protect their interests. Should things go wrong it is likely that home owners would need to sue the town hall (as an entity) for damages.

Tetley

I think to be fair,if the current town hall team can get ino 14 in and "delay any local state enforced actions " they may be ale to pull it round.

i also think the current Mayor started project Arboleas in 1998 and should be judjed after his present term and not now,there are plenty of improvment works going on around the village with the aim of getting people legal and i think he is doing his best in difficult times.

I  myself have had many debates with Roger,both on here and in person,he is what he is, he isnt a spanish qualified lawyer,planner,he proaly dosent posses any spanish language qualifications,   But    he has been elected onto the council and wether people like him or not in his own way i firmly belive he is doing his best so yes we should question & debate with him,we should also support him,were he is suportabale.

difficult times

morning citizens     :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

jonaileen

How are the legal rights affected of these people because of the 6 month delay.
If the licences have been issued by the Ayuntamiento, is there a case  for compensation against Arboleas or individual councillors if they are demolished?

jabba the cat

Roger i will get in early i think an explanation is needed as to the reason or behavior of the Major on this subject and did he not see that it could or would cause serious problems further down the line.
The jurys out in my case. :tiphat:

doreen1

Roger hasn't told us if he asked the Mayor why the information was held back, and if he did what was the reply. We have a one sided report.
Also surely as Deputy Mayor Roger sees all important stuff that is received.

???

jabba the cat

Thanks Tetley for mentioning that the mods should bring up the Politics section from deep down up into our world.

I agree with the posters above the first thing i think any person would have said is Rog have you seen this letter...........my faith in the Major has taken a giant leap back. :( :(

rt21

I think the Mayor is wrong in not informing the Brit Councillors of the latest twist.

However, it seems to me that he might be resigned to the fact that there is little the Ayuntamiento can do in this situation. If they issued licences for builds on rustic land then the Ayuntamiento's hands are really tied because they are legally bound to comply with the law and that includes rescinding illegal licences if indeed that is the case.

I think it does illustrate the need for homeowners to join the AUAN regardless of which administrative area their houses are located in.

Richard

ES

I wonder why the Mayor gets a letter of such enormity and decides to just put it on file without mention to any of the Brit Councillors.  Has a Pleno in October, goes into great detail about the 300 houses that will be sorted by Inov 14 etc and still no mention of the letter.  The letter is then dropped into the laps of the Brit Councillors 2 weeks ago and now the Mayor seems to be unavailable for comment or actions except for email communication. 

Roger, who showed you the letter?   Are you all singing from the same Hymn sheet?  Sounds to me as if the Council Secretary was in on the situation.

Quote from Rogers' editorial re the Pleno Thursday comming "On the agenda was a report from the Council Secretary and a resolution to be approved by the Pleno to start the procedure to rescind the licences."

I have an image of the Mayor shrugging his shoulders when he sent the email -

"On Saturday afternoon I received an e-mail from Cristobal stating that the matter would be re-examined in January, when we would be able to obtain legal advice"

Sounds like the 11th hour has passed. 

Best of luck Roger, what a buggers muddle!
ES

Tetley

I also think Roger is correct ref amnastiy, that there wont be any amnastiys ,the system will just keep moving the goal posts and increasing its state indefrence to the plight of ANY illigal home owner or un employed evicted tennant.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

rt21

Thanks Steve

I must confess the news is like a bolt of lightening - right out of the blue.

Richard

Tetley

Quote from: rt21 on December 15, 2013, 23:26:15 PM
Quote from: Tetley on December 15, 2013, 21:14:26 PM
Roger has put a report in the polatics section thats a very intresting read.so here it is for the folks that dont normaly venture down there.  :tiphat:

http://www.arboleaslive.com/editorial-comment

just wondered what your take is on this Steve

I wonder why the Junta has asked the Ayuntamiento to cancel the licences at this stage. I sincerely hope that this request doesn't have any sinister undertones

Richard

My angle on it,is thats its a disaster and a realy hope the current town hall team  get ino 14 & 15 in....... very soon.   :tiphat:

rt21

Quote from: Tetley on December 15, 2013, 21:14:26 PM
Roger has put a report in the polatics section thats a very intresting read.so here it is for the folks that dont normaly venture down there.  :tiphat:

just wondered what your take is on this Steve

I wonder why the Junta has asked the Ayuntamiento to cancel the licences at this stage. I sincerely hope that this request doesn't have any sinister undertones

Richard

Tetley