Olives.

Started by mickmatthews, July 23, 2013, 19:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulman

The deli next to Can Connect should be a good bet.

We buy ours from Albox market and stuff them with feta ourselves .....mmmmmm!

:tiphat:

sherbert

Arboleas Sat market, the Spanish guy who sells multi bag crisps etc, often has a great selection of Spanish cured 'Acietuna' alternative ask the butcher in the supermercado facing the rambla,we have just bought some of his 'virgin olive oil' it's the best I have ever tasted,pure heaven. I am sure he could get you what you want.

doreen1

I have gone to the place next door to CanConnect. They let you sample any before you buy. I bought some and they were beautiful. Also it good to give small local traders a bit of business.

:wave

laurence24

Buy double next tme, we got them tn the market in Albox, fime,,

mickmatthews

They were advertised in Lidl recently, with feta cheese, but it was for ' one day only ' when they had a Greek Day. Can't wait another year until they do it again !

guest4538

Pennydot

Have you tried the shop next to Can Connect on Avenida America??  Don't know but might have them.

mickmatthews

Does anyone know where to buy decent cured olives around here ? I don't mean the ones from Mercadona or off the market, but decent tasty olives in olive oil and not brine. It amazes me that for a country that is awash with olives I can't seem to find decent olives in the shops. Back in the U.K. they can be bought almost anywhere. Did get some when we treated ourselves to lunch at Desert Springs a while back, perhaps I should ask them who their supplier is.