Power control unit for pool

Started by felipe, July 21, 2013, 09:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

Well, a big thanks to Colin of Coolsolutions for sorting out my pool power unit.  Saved me well over 200€ by doing a simple change to the power regulator.  Job well done. Cheers Colin.

felipe

ES, Thanks, but not that. The pump is fine as I have wired the power direct to it and it runs fine.

ES

It's also worth checking the capacitor/condenser situated on the top of the motor.  I had a problem where there was just a humming noise when it should have started pumping, intermittent at first and after a couple of months it wouldn't start at all.  15 € approx.
ES

felipe

Cheers Colin I will have a look at it.  I did rewire it a few months ago when the timer packed up so i'll have a look at it again. Phil

coolsolutions

Hi Phil

All you need is a replacement contactor. Sometimes the wires can be moved across to another set of unused contacts.During operation the contacts can be come pitted and eventually fail.

Regards

Colin

CoolSolutions,Colin Baldwin

felipe

Where is the cheapest place to buy a power control unit for an Astral pool pump.  Looks like the solenoid on mine has packed up this morning.  Rerouted the power direct to the pump and the pump works fine.  All fuses in power unit are OK.  Big clunk when the power is engaged then nada.