new car puchase

Started by cg, July 17, 2013, 12:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj marko

i bought my focus from the ford garage in lorca .they were brilliant in every respect and have a english speaking guy in the workshop when servicing is needed i can recomend them to anybody

HiDi

Quote from: zilnor on July 21, 2013, 20:49:50 PM
Eighteen months ago we needed to replace my Mini Cooper after it was written off in a road accident. After the insurance company had paid out, im indoors went on a fact finding mission in Albox, to find the cheapest new small car which we could drive away within a week. The showroom on the right going out of Albox, immediately before Lidl´s got our business. We bought a new Opel Corsa, 1.2, 4 door for 10,500 euros. The drawback was it was only available for drive-away in black or silver. I chose silver. The salesman was friendly and helpful and dealt with my hard bargain driving husband with a constant smile !  He earned his commission !  We experienced the same courteous reception when we took the car in  for its first service.  Credit where credit is due:  :clap:wave

We have bought two cars in the eight years we have lived here from the same garage. They have helped us a lot, also to fix any damages. They are very friendly and we always have a laugh with them. Wouldn't go anywhere else.

Di

ramblarider

It is good to know at least some places are actually interested in doing business.....

zilnor

Eighteen months ago we needed to replace my Mini Cooper after it was written off in a road accident. After the insurance company had paid out, im indoors went on a fact finding mission in Albox, to find the cheapest new small car which we could drive away within a week. The showroom on the right going out of Albox, immediately before Lidl´s got our business. We bought a new Opel Corsa, 1.2, 4 door for 10,500 euros. The drawback was it was only available for drive-away in black or silver. I chose silver. The salesman was friendly and helpful and dealt with my hard bargain driving husband with a constant smile !  He earned his commission !  We experienced the same courteous reception when we took the car in  for its first service.  Credit where credit is due:  :clap:wave

Cuddlybill

We could have the new car we wanted .....................................but only in Black....this was the Renault Garage, Lorca.....could order the colour we want but would take 3 months !!!

Have tried e-mailing 3 companies in Madrid.............................Nothing heard..not a house phone call, mobile or return e-mail....

Crisis what crisis...................... :head

CB..
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

ramblarider

Lynne is right.

I was fairly open-minded on model and make, and also dropped by that place. No-one there who knew anything. Promised to call back. Left my mobile number. Never heard a thing. They did not even try to call (I have call logging). Unbelievably bizarre way to treat a potential customer looking to buy an expensive, brand new vehicle...

When I bought a new car in the US some years ago, I was still getting calls from dealers 6 months later!

This was not a one-off. Had similar experiences at other dealers. It was actually HARD WORK to get anyone to even bother!  ???

Lynne

Quote from: Pompey Blue on July 21, 2013, 15:24:14 PM
Tel and Lynne, why go all the way to Almeria when there's an excellent Hyundai dealer in Cuevas de Almanzora.

Because of exactly the same problem as Cuddlybill and Ramblarider - total apathy.  We visited their showroom and discussed with them what we wanted and they said they would call us back within a couple of days - still waiting for their phone call even though we phoned them half a dozen times - it was always "we'll get back to you...".  They never did.  I would hardly call that excellent service.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Pompey Blue

Tel and Lynne, why go all the way to Almeria when there's an excellent Hyundai dealer in Cuevas de Almanzora.
Man cannot live by bread alone, there should be a beverage involved.

tintin

Why buy new when there are good second hand deals out there, try typing seat.es and checking out their used cars, a seat Ibiza 06/2012 with 20 Km's on the clock for €9300, although my neighbor has recently bought a new model seat leon 1.6 top of the range diesel for €15000 with no part exchange from a dealer in Murcia. If your not yet a resident look into the prospect of a personal import from UK and save over 30%
I'm amazed at how LHD prices have dropped in Spain if you look on autoenred.com and check out a 2008 Opel Corsa diesel the price is only €5000 as an example so perhaps a good secondhand car is a better bet
Mike

Chris485

Bought two new cars from Renault in Albox and Arboleas. Brilliant service both times. You need to go to Lorca now I think
Chris
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese

Lynne

Quote from: ramblarider on July 20, 2013, 18:11:16 PM
Quote from: Cuddlybill on July 20, 2013, 17:57:51 PM
Our experience is ...............prepare to be very frustrated............. have been trying to buy a new car for last 12/18 months (for cash) but dealers don't seem to want our money.  808 808 808 808 heh ho will keep driving the Dagenham dustbin!

Can relate to that. Couple of years ago was looking to buy a brand new, top end 4X4. Cash in hand.  Never experienced such total apathy from dealers. I walked in. I walked out. Multiple times. Many could not even be bothered to return a 'phone call.  Crikey... in the US they'd have been crawling all over you. Here.. not a flicker...and this from businesses that were teetering on the edge of collapse!  :crazy: Some of them went under a few months later. Hardly surprised. They deserved to.

It was positively surreal.

Exactly the same here, word for word. In the end we went to Hyundai in Almeria and we couldn't have found a better dealer - they went out of their way to make sure that everything went smoothly, including a number of phone calls after the purchase to check that all was to our satisfaction.  They were and still are very efficient.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

ramblarider

Quote from: Cuddlybill on July 20, 2013, 17:57:51 PM
Our experience is ...............prepare to be very frustrated............. have been trying to buy a new car for last 12/18 months (for cash) but dealers don't seem to want our money.  808 808 808 808 heh ho will keep driving the Dagenham dustbin!

Can relate to that. Couple of years ago was looking to buy a brand new, top end 4X4. Cash in hand.  Never experienced such total apathy from dealers. I walked in. I walked out. Multiple times. Many could not even be bothered to return a 'phone call.  Crikey... in the US they'd have been crawling all over you. Here.. not a flicker...and this from businesses that were teetering on the edge of collapse!  :crazy: Some of them went under a few months later. Hardly surprised. They deserved to.

It was positively surreal.

Cuddlybill

The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

Tel

Hyundai Garage, Huercal de Almeria. Bought 2 cars there and negotiated good discounts on both

cg

having never brought a brand new car in Spain, can anyone tell me if the main dealers are as flexible as they are in the Uk, where you can negotiate the price.

If so any dealers you would recommend