Velcro..

Started by johnny, July 01, 2013, 12:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny

Thanks for all your replies..including the warning not to get ripped off!  :)
Johnny

DavenPam

We have some in Essentials
Former owner of Essentials in Calle Carrera, Arboleas.

Lynne

Most todo shops sell it but in packets rather than on a roll in sewing shops where you can get exactly the amount you want.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Starynightsky

I Agree with Raquels

Ok stand by the donkey with your back to Radio Almanzora and the UniCaja on your Left side

There is a pedestrian lane between "expert" and an Estate agents that I can´t remember the name of.

Walk up this lane

You will go past the tabaconist on your LEFT and then maybe 50yards futher up is the Haberdashery on your RIGHT.

It has 2 windows and normally some lace / appliques on the board hung in the door way.

They have several different widths / colours of velcro and are very helpful.

balibabe

try the haberdashery in Albox. Its called Raquels
: if you take the street opposite Tonis bar towards the Tobac/chemist. its down one of the little roads to your left.. Sorry not clearer, but the roads all look the same to me. Very small shop but sells anything for sewing/mending. only speak spanish there but really helpful.

freddy4dogs

We bought some a few years ago at a chinese shop.
But we have stopped buying it now because it´s a rip off.  :lol:

johnny

Having come up trumps with the metal detector.. my next request is probably a bit easier to source.

Can anyone tell me where I can get hold of some velcro (not to keep my wedding ring in place lol) but for fabric -  as I'm not really up on places that sell sewing stuff/fabric etc locally.

Thanks.
Johnny