Decent Pool Tablets

Started by trishtrosh, June 29, 2013, 09:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul and Jo

I can assure you Juana we are NOT trying to make extra work for ourselves.

We have stocked the same make of chemicals for 6 years now and never had any complaints about them.

Thanks
Jo

juana

Glad to hear I am not the only person who has had problems with the local supply of pool chemicals.  I too last year had all the symptoms you describe and although I had the sand changed it was even worse.  This year I refuse to buy chemicals from local suppliers.  This year I have used  Lidl chemicals and also chemicals I bought from Leroy Merlin and have had crystal clear water, no algae and the balance is right.  Perhaps the suppliers are just making extra work for themselves.......... or am I being synical ?

Peter and Frances

They sell 3 / 4 and 5 strength  in the plumbing shop opposite Moria Oil the 5 strength is 20 Euros the 3 strength is 18 Euros not sure what the 4 strength is

Trucker

Ghostrider1611 I seem to have offended you, not intentional and sorry, was actually trying to help but with a bit of wit in the end...wrong...I assumed you meant green algea..which is the most common...I think... :wave

DavenPam

Will put in Brown Wrapper if required!
Former owner of Essentials in Calle Carrera, Arboleas.

byrney

Don´t tell everybody CB, but I get it from DavenPam (obviously under the counter stuff).

Cuddlybill

Byrney, where do you get the Jolly Gel from is an adult web site or local............

CB..
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

byrney

Sorry Dave, forgot to mention the Jolly Gel - I always have one in the filter thing.  Usually lasts 3 weeks or so and well wirth it to keep the pool crystal clear.

DavenPam

I can fully endorse the comments by Byrnie. I use 3 in 1 Tablets, Jolly gel and the occasional Chlorine granules. I have never shocked my pool in 9 years. This winter I turned my filter off for 3 months but continued to hoover weekly. I like to keep the chlorine level slightly higher than the recommended figure. Works for me and I have a limitless supply of chemicals in the shop!
Former owner of Essentials in Calle Carrera, Arboleas.

trishtrosh

Does anyone have any problems using "Clorama" tablets and chemicals?

byrney

I do puzzle about some of the comments on cleaning pools.

For some reason, some people like to make it appear that keeping a pool clean is akin to a "black art" and that only those with great technical skills are able to adequately maintain one.

Maybe I have been extremely lucky (and probably shouldn´t tempt providence in this way), but for the past seven years I have been blessed with absolutely clear water with no sign of algae or whatever other nasties people seem to experience.

The only exception being was when a "pool expert" came along and measured my Ph levels, told me they were wrong, chucked a load of chemicals in and then spent days trying to get my cloudy pool clear again!  Lesson learnt, and he´s not been back since - nor have I checked my Ph levels like some mad scientist.

My "secret".  Five-in-one tablets, now three-in-one tablets, a weekly hoovering, and skimmers set for four hours a day during Winter and six hours during Summer.  Easy.

Yes, I might be able to save a few bob if I threw different lots of chemicals in (rather than tablets) and continually checked my levels, but to be honest, I can´t be bothered.  It´s clean and looks nice, and if I ever do experience a problem then I will employ a proper pool expert to come and sort it out for me.

ghostrider1611

trucker your post is exactly the reason I don't post very often on here   smart a--e comments  none of the previous posts mention green algea  my problem is black spot algea and if you search the internet the reason black spot algea appears in pools is lack of chlorine

my post to trishtrosh was intended to assist them getting there pool back in shape   my chlorine levels are back and ive got rid of the black spot algea   

sprinkling chlorine granules directly onto black algea gets rid of it

dick

Trucker

You want to check Chlorine levels regular regardless of what tablets you use, the water is now starting to get warmer and takes more Chlorine to control, the odd sprinkle of granules wont hurt if levels are low, but the tablets from the shops or Forum are basically the same, if you get Algea ie going green, thats because you not checking and cleaning enough...ask any good pool cleaner...workman and tools come to mind..

ghostrider1611

hi we had the same problem with tablets bought locally off this forum to be exact luckily  check the chlorine levels regularly and caught it time if you still have a problem with algea the best solution is to get a tub of chlorine granules and sprinkle them directly on the algea

dick

byrney

When we first got our pool we were intorduced to 5-in-1 tablets by our installation firm.

I never had a problem, but I haven´t a clue (or even care) what was in them.

However, earlier this year I found that I could no longer get them and was told that 3-in-1 tablets were just as good (again no idea what the three things are).

So, since then that´s what I´ve been using and the pool is still perfect - and the tablets are cheaper!!

SunnyJim

What are the 5 ingredients in 5 in 1 tablets?
I prefer 3 in 1 as you get a better quantity of the chemicals.

casabarranca

Hi

We use the Astral multi tabs and dont have a problem with them, plus they are the cheapest tablets we have found at 16€ for a tub.  We buy them from the small ferreteria going out of Huercal Overa past Cepsa, at the El Saltador - Urcal crossroads.

Hope this helps.

Casa Barranca
Philosohpy - Treat people the way you want to be treated.

trishtrosh

Hi, does anyone know where we can get get some really good 5 in 1 pool tablets? We have never had any trouble with the chemicals in the pool but since using tablets bought locally, the chemicals are right out and also algae is appearing.
The tablets we used to use are unavailable now.
Trish